The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by difeo

Mirin maths skills, certainly worth the 96k a year

Considering we hit target every week, I reckon I should get double to be honest.

Btw, you on PS4 tonight?
Original post by Lúcio
Considering we hit target every week

Well done, I'm not sure about your English skills though.

We'll struggle on the weekend, but I'm more confident than I've been in the past with Rashford and Martial playing quite direct. 2-1 to us (yes I'll see the irony when we lose now).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That Bearded Man
So when Liverpool returned to the CL in 06 despite finishing 5th, at the expense of Everton, this wouldn't happen again either?

Scratch that actually, Yahoo answered for me, UEFA brought in a rule after 05 that if a CL winner came outside top 4, they would replace the team in 4th. I'm assuming this still holds, so should Chelsea win the CL, they will get the 4th English qualifying spot, not City as is. Then if you add in, say United winning the EL, you would have no City in the CL but 5 other teams and two who havent finished in top 4.
They updated the rule last season (?) so that if Chelsea for example were to win the CL there would be five English teams in the CL next season. Fourth place only loses out now if Liverpool e.g. (assuming they don't finish top 4) were to win the Europa as well.
Watch him play Fellaini in midfield and Valencia on the right now.
Original post by Rk2k14

What's wrong with that?
Original post by Dirtybit
What's wrong with that?

I think Varela has deserved a starting slot now, its up to Valencia / Darmian to take their spot back by performing off the bench or in training
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I think Varela has deserved a starting slot now, its up to Valencia / Darmian to take their spot back by performing off the bench or in training

Valencia is a top RB when fit. Wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.
What's wrong with that?

They're both dead.
Original post by Rk2k14

I think Herrera will start the next game but LVG will look for any excuse to drop him for Fellaini for the game after. If he misplaces one pass or looks at LVG in a funny way then he'll be benched into oblivion.
Original post by Rk2k14
They're both dead.

They looked alive to me last time I checked
Original post by Rk2k14

That's what he says to Memphis when he told him that he plays 'Soccer' for a living.
Wot, 17 points?

Valencia is a top RB when fit. Wouldn't trade him for anyone in the world.

He's decent, there's no doubt about it, but he has to displace Varela not Varela having to displace Valencia:smile:
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
He's decent, there's no doubt about it, but he has to displace Varela not Varela having to displace Valencia:smile:

Thats a bit like saying since Romero was playing very well for us we must start him and let DDG displace him...

If you have a better player then youre obviously not going to let an inexperienced teenager take his place completely will you?
(edited 8 years ago)
He was being sarcastic ffs.

RB for the vast majority of team set-ups isn't too important, it's only if you play with inverted wingers or a narrow diamond formation where they have to possess real attacking quality. Most of the time they're just needed for the overlap, and to put a decent ball into the box.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bodeans
He was being sarcastic ffs.

RB for the vast majority of team set-ups isn't too important, it's only if you play with inverted wingers or a narrow diamond formation where they have to possess real attacking quality. Most of the time they're just needed for the overlap, and to put a decent ball into the box.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bothwrick Jacksons crosses doe :love:

Strikers dream.
Wot, 17 points?

Quite jokes that Chelsea basically have been in title winning form since the turn of the year in this league and were relegation battlers earlier in the season.
Original post by trapking
Thats a bit like saying since Romero was playing very well for us we must start him and let DDG displace him...

If you have a better player then youre obviously not going to let an inexperienced teenager take his place completely will you?

Romero was playing well but not better than DDG. Besides, we've seen that DDG is very clearly one of the best goalkeepers in the world and that Romero clearly isn't.

Varela on the other hand has been performing better than Valencia at RB. We've seen that Valencia is a meh RB anyway whereas Varela is clearly performing better than Valencia usually does. Let's not forget that Valencia isn't even a natural RB unlike Varela.
****ing Harry Kane man

Latest