The Student Room Group

'I hated him at first... now we're best of friends'

Does anyone else experience or has experienced this strange happening of people disliking/hating you, only for you to become close friends later on?

I thought it was just a phase until recently. Lords knows, I've heard the phrase 'I used to hate you but...' a few too many times in my younger years

Scroll to see replies

The opposite applies to me unfortunately :frown:
Yes this happens a lot. I dont understand some peoples mindsets. They change all the time
Original post by Blind Ferret
Does anyone else experience or has experienced this strange happening of people disliking/hating you, only for you to become close friends later on?

I thought it was just a phase until recently. Lords knows, I've heard the phrase 'I used to hate you but...' a few too many times in my younger years

yup happened to me!
and now i have a huge serious crush on him :colondollar:
Original post by fatima1998
yup happened to me!

Haraam
Reply 5
Original post by fatima1998
yup happened to me!

maybe you should be his ❤•.¸✿¸.• 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝔂 ℋ𝒆𝓵𝓹𝒆𝓻 •.¸✿¸.•❤ so you can talk to him

This happened to me when I started secondary school. I used to always argue (once had a physical fight) with this girl in one of my lessons because we could never agree on how to do the work set and for many other stupid reasons.

A year later we were friends and now, 9 years later, she is still one of my best friends and someone I would trust with my life. :h:
She grew on me...like mould.
This has happened to me so many times.

But tbf it's normally people hating on me and then realising that actually their ideas about who I am are totally wrong, once they get to know me.

But I like it.

It's happened on TSR twice as well and I love the two people in question now, and I'm pretty sure they don't mind me. Not gonna tag them because it will probably embarrass them but they know.
Original post by MathQ123
This happened to me when I started secondary school. I used to always argue (once had a physical fight) with this girl in one of my lessons because we could never agree on how to do the work set and for many other stupid reasons.

A year later we were friends and now, 9 years later, she is still one of my best friends and someone I would trust with my life. :h:

wait.. you have an actual female friend? and there's no awkward sex stuff or nuffin! Which includes you wanting to sink ship in her!

Did you guys hatef**k?
A guy I hated throughout nearly all my time in school is now one of my closest friends
Reply 12
Yes, this happened to me.
Hated him and ended up being best friends with him:smile:
Original post by The Diplomat.
Haraam

Original post by olawungaa
maybe you should be his ❤•.¸✿¸.• 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝔂 ℋ𝒆𝓵𝓹𝒆𝓻 •.¸✿¸.•❤ so you can talk to him

You both think you are funny but this isn't funny!!!!
stop making fun of my personal life...
posting haraam in the posts doesn't make you halal
so FOR GOODNESS SAKE! STOP THIS BANTER ON TSR! :angry:

Spoiler

EXACT same thing happened to me this year. I hated this guy when I first met him and I now think of him as a brother.
one of my best friends was basically a bit of a bully to me in year 7, i still have no idea how we ended up being as close as we are now :curious:

It is weird, but 2 people I've had fights with are some of my closest friends now. Not every person whose head I tried to smash in is my friend, though.
Original post by Wingsly
one of my best friends was basically a bit of a bully to me in year 7, i still have no idea how we ended up being as close as we are now :curious:

That's pretty sweet. Somebody asked my friend and I how we ended up so close, and I just called him my acquaintance :rolleyes: lol he's still yet to come back at me for that XP
Reply 18
So what i got from this thread was that to make a girl like me i first need to make her hate me???
Some of the closest friends I've had in my life began like that. :lol: There was a girl at the beginning of secondary school I didn't get along with and we went on to become best friends and are still close friends to this day.

It doesn't happen as much now (one of my closest friends actually said she thought we'd be good friends before we even spoke :lol:), but a girl I'm kind of friends with did recently tell me she didn't like me when we first met because she thought I'd be stuck up. She assured me she soon realised I wasn't and she actually really likes me now, so that's a bit better, I suppose. :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest