The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
Heck I'd even have us finish out of the top 4 this season. Change is so badly needed at the club

In 2013-14 the Liverpool away game knocked us off the top, while the Chelsea away game ended our title challenge. This year the same fixture knocked us off the top, and it'll be today's game or West Ham away that ends our title challenge for good.

Nah, change is needed.. but loosing top4 could be an absolute disaster.

We already have a hard time fighting for the highest players, let alone without being in the champions league (after all, we are not united, we cant just throw 150m every summer until something sticks).

Wenger needs to go, but loosing CL is not the way to do that, for a club in our position, its the easiest most sure fire way of becoming the next liverpool
I don't think we can convince the best players to come here, look at summer 2013: we went after anyone and everyone yet only got one 42m player which we didn't really need at the time.
I don't think we can convince the best players to come here, look at summer 2013: we went after anyone and everyone yet only got one 42m player which we didn't really need at the time.

I think we could under a new manager..

Arsene seems very devise for new players, some love the idea of playing under him, but others seem put off by it..

If we had CL football, a cup win, and a good new boss.. I would be confident we can compete for most players (excluding the obvious tier above us that we will never match up to, recruitment wise)

Honestly, I really feel like wenger will regret not leaving last year.. double cup wins, CL qualification, a promising squad. leave on a high

- its a lifetime away from what he could end up leaving after, if things go badly this year.

who'd been forced out of his club to accomodate a Spurs player
Huge game today, season defining. Have to say I'm pleased I've got my own uni footbakl match on at the same time though so I don't have to deal with the pain when spurs end our titoe aspirations. I'd love to go in feeling confident, but after the **** in the last 2 games i just can't anymore.
Although this is the type of game where everyone expects us to lose and we **** **** up and win easily...
Reply 5245
There have already been loads of season defining games. Todays result is irrelevant
Original post by AR_95
There have already been loads of season defining games. Todays result is irrelevant

Except it really isn't....
Original post by AR_95

Prefer to think of it as the last nail in the coffin..

Every time we loose a defining game a little bit of hope slips away, and people declare us out of the title race..

Well, today is the last bit of hope - loose today, and fans like me who still have a slight glimmer of optimism about how this season will end, will give up.
Original post by fallen_acorns
Prefer to think of it as the last nail in the coffin..

Every time we loose a defining game a little bit of hope slips away, and people declare us out of the title race..

Well, today is the last bit of hope - loose today, and fans like me who still have a slight glimmer of optimism about how this season will end, will give up.

Lose
Loos
I always find it funny when these foreign fans dread a defeat to Spurs. They talk as if they could appreciate a rivalry based on proximity.

Not afraid of Spurs, feel sorry for anyone who is.
Original post by sevchenko
I always find it funny when these foreign fans dread a defeat to Spurs. They talk as if they could appreciate a rivalry based on proximity.

It's also based on being at a similar level in recent years

They're better than you so you should be somewhat afraid
Never been less confident of a NLD before. Proud to say I've gotten my first ticket ever to visit that shitehole. The ground is going to be rocking. If we win I fear what will happen outside the ground, gonna get hairy.

Completely agree. They act as though it's the worst thing to ever happen to them, but it's not like they have to go into school/uni/work the next day and face that smug spurs fan talking about a "shift in north London". Like, they could avoid the implications of the result by just not going on the internet for 2 days, but they haven't really got a clue about what losing to spurs is like for a fan who lives or works in london.

Disagree on the second bit though, spurs are a top side now and it's your heart telling you otherwise, not your brain. Any neutral would put spurs as favourites
Well you guys are finished if Arsenal lose I'm ok because I'm in South London.

Most of them say they hate Chelsea more than spurs aswell. Ffs. Football may be a global game nowadays, but the fact remains that the majority of foreign fans simply don't get it.
Absolutely sh*tting my pants. Always nervous for games against the vermin but especially in the circumstances. Biggest NLD in a long while. We simply cannot afford to lose today, and not just to avoid the humiliation that comes with being defeated. Would love nothing more than to stick it to those wife beating, deluded, shadow dwelling c*nts and see their title challenge crumble. F*cking come on the Arsenal. If the players and manager can't get up for this away they might aswell all just go home.
When the team news comes out, spurs fans will be rubbing their hands while we'll be like "not again". Would much prefer to drop our underperformers since we are gonna lose anyway
When the team news comes out, spurs fans will be rubbing their hands while we'll be like "not again". Would much prefer to drop our underperformers since we are gonna lose anyway

If we dropped all our underperformers we wouldn't have a first XI
Original post by AliRizzo
If we dropped all our underperformers we wouldn't have a first XI

We were beaten by a reserve XI just last week. And don't forget the team City put out during their FA Cup exit, all their mistakes came from the seniors.

Elneny starts. Pressure is off us then...
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest