The Student Room Group

What qualifications do you need to be a health care assistant

I am 20 and have level 1 in health and social care I did level 2 at school but it wasn't a college qualification there's an option to do level 2 health and social care or access to health and social care what qualifications do I need to work as. A health care assistant or do I not need anything?
Original post by glamourprincess
I am 20 and have level 1 in health and social care I did level 2 at school but it wasn't a college qualification there's an option to do level 2 health and social care or access to health and social care what qualifications do I need to work as. A health care assistant or do I not need anything?

I'd say a level 2/3 diploma in health & social care

What sort of health care assistant are you interested in becoming? I can maybe give more help if you tell me.
Original post by KyleH123
What sort of health care assistant are you interested in becoming? I can maybe give more help if you tell me.

Ok thanks and it's in a hospital
Ok thanks and it's in a hospital

one hospital on the nhs jobs site asks for

Duties will include the running of the Outpatients Clinics, basic dressings and back slabs. ECG’s. Ordering of supplies and general housekeeping. Venepuncture experience would be an advantage

maybe get in touch with some hospitals and ask directly?

it seems the majority of roles are in GPs.

Quick Reply

Latest