The Student Room Group

Should I resit edexcel Biology?

Hi guys, I got my Biology Edexcel AS results yesterday. At first i was satisfied but then my twin and most of my friends got higher marks than I have and I'm starting to consider whether to resit a unit or not.My results were
101/120 for Unit1
100/120 for Unit2
both of them are A grade, but i still want to know if i should resit to increase my chances of getting an A in AS. I started doing A2. But i still want an A in AS (university requirement in case i don't do good in A2).What are my chances of still getting an A in AS? andShould I resit unit 2 or will it be a waste of time?Thanks in advance. :smile:
P.S. I'm not doing practicals, I'm doing unit3b which is a written alternative to practical marked out of 60.
Original post by nadaezraturner
Hi guys, I got my Biology Edexcel AS results yesterday. At first i was satisfied but then my twin and most of my friends got higher marks than I have and I'm starting to consider whether to resit a unit or not.My results were
101/120 for Unit1
100/120 for Unit2
both of them are A grade, but i still want to know if i should resit to increase my chances of getting an A in AS. I started doing A2. But i still want an A in AS (university requirement in case i don't do good in A2).What are my chances of still getting an A in AS? andShould I resit unit 2 or will it be a waste of time?Thanks in advance. :smile:
P.S. I'm not doing practicals, I'm doing unit3b which is a written alternative to practical marked out of 60.

I'd say you have nothing to lose by doing a unit 2 resit. It might help you firm that A grade if you don't do as well as you wanted at A2.

Just make sure your A2 studies are up to scratch as well if you decide to retake.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medprospects
I'd say you have nothing to lose by doing a unit 2 resit. It might help you firm that A grade if you don't do as well as you wanted at A2.

Just make sure your A2 studies are up to scratch as well if you decide to retake.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I thought too, Thanks :smile:
Do you have any idea how much i should get in my AS to get an A (out of 300, i guess)?
Original post by nadaezraturner
That's what I thought too, Thanks :smile:
Do you have any idea how much i should get in my AS to get an A (out of 300, i guess)?

I think it all depends really on your A2 results, but just to be on the safe side I would say around 260 or 270 at AS which would pretty much guarantee you an A provided you do alright at A2 because getting for example 270 would still let you get an A if you got 210 at A2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending