The Student Room Group

Should I do Physics A Level?

I have chosen:

Economics
Maths
Further Maths
Physics

I am not too keen on physics because I really love the businessy-side to things and am looking forward to Economics and I love maths..

BUT I am not to keen on physics...I don't know, I'm not very interested in it (maybe because I do not fully understand it), but many people recommended it me to take it as it is much easier if you do Further Maths..

I was thinking to change it to geography but I don't like the physical side AT ALL, but I LOVE the Human side to geography?

And the thing is, if I am suddenly not interested in accounting or becoming an economist, then physics could be my backup to become an engineer!

I don't know... I think if I worked hard, then I would find it interesting! And I definitely will work hard on it next year!

What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Physics is easier than FM but i dont think you can become an engineer without a passion for Physics. What possible career paths are you looking at? Is math your favorite subject?
Yes...

If you want to die
what ever you choose DO NOT CHOOSE EDEXCEL SALTERS PHYSICS
lol, just kidding.

It depends, do you enjoy physics and GCSE level? Please bear in mind it's more intense at a-level.

I'd say for engineering, it would definitely assist in first year when all science subjects are studied to get everyone on a level playing field.

But if you think you can handle it, good luck and i would suggest finding out your college/sixth-form exam-board for physics and watching youtube videos related so that you get a feel for the subject.

All the best
Reply 5
If the exam board is something other than OCR then do it!!!
Reply 6
If you are uninterested in physics, DO NOT TAKE IT! The course has horrible content which is dull enough as it is, but it is even worse if you don't like it. I took it because I was good at it, but I was lucky enough to be able to drop it after realising that I was not going to do well when it mattered (I was getting straight As in class) because I had no interest in it at all, and I couldn't study it.

Don't fall into the trap of taking something just because you are suggested to do so, or because you're good at it, because it is really not an easy path.
Original post by Itsallaconundrum
lol, just kidding.

It depends, do you enjoy physics and GCSE level? Please bear in mind it's more intense at a-level.

I'd say for engineering, it would definitely assist in first year when all science subjects are studied to get everyone on a level playing field.

But if you think you can handle it, good luck and i would suggest finding out your college/sixth-form exam-board for physics and watching youtube videos related so that you get a feel for the subject.

All the best

Physics A level is a requirement for a large number of engineering courses
Original post by samb1234
Physics A level is a requirement for a large number of engineering courses

That's true
Original post by ahsenrauf
Physics is easier than FM but i dont think you can become an engineer without a passion for Physics. What possible career paths are you looking at? Is math your favorite subject?

physics is not easier than further maths LOL further maths is just GCSE tbh lololol
Original post by RoadtoSuccess
physics is not easier than further maths LOL further maths is just GCSE tbh lololol

Which one is easier depends on the person tbh, but further maths is not GCSE level by any stretch of the imagination
Which one is easier depends on the person tbh, but further maths is not GCSE level by any stretch of the imagination

i do further maths just seems like GCSE got an A in the mock?
i do further maths just seems like GCSE got an A in the mock?

As or a2
If you aren't keen on it you shouldn't do it.
You are just gonna struggle.
I am not sure about the how the new specification is but some of the stuff that I have done was really boring and if you find it boring you are gonna find it difficult.
As or a2

AS, A2 wont be hard lol..
AS, A2 wont be hard lol..

A2 is a lot harder than As is. You can't say how hard it is because you haven't even done your AS exams yet, so there's no point you telling everyone how 'easy' further maths is if you don't know
I liked AS geography, (however I am doing it for A2) my class got really good grades. Georgraphy does have a lot to remember but there so much help online.
I love physics but I hate the exams. :frown:
Original post by ahsenrauf

I'm think an economist or an accountant? I love business and economicsy things x
A level physics is much more interesting then gcse, at the start of my a levels i was dreading physics but now its my favourite subject

Quick Reply

Latest