The Student Room Group

Dropping out of BTEC.

I'm considering dropping out after my first year of BTEC health and social care. I am really struggling to do all my work.

It just keeps piling up and I never seem to get to the bottom of it. I have a lot of commitments elsewhere so I never seem to have any time to do them. I've struggled to make friends here and I am almost always late.

I loathe writing essays and assignments. I struggle to get motivated enough to actually do them at home. I also have a disciplinary meeting coming up because of these issues.

I currently volunteer at a primary school and with a Brownie pack. I absolutely love the work I do and it is the highlight of my week. Would it be even vaguely sensible to get a 90 credit diploma and leave to be a teaching assistant or should I just stick it out for another year?

I've looked at job descriptions and person specifications and I have all the necessary skills and qualifications to be a T.A.
Original post by Katty3
I'm considering dropping out after my first year of BTEC health and social care. I am really struggling to do all my work.

It just keeps piling up and I never seem to get to the bottom of it. I have a lot of commitments elsewhere so I never seem to have any time to do them. I've struggled to make friends here and I am almost always late.

I loathe writing essays and assignments. I struggle to get motivated enough to actually do them at home. I also have a disciplinary meeting coming up because of these issues.

I currently volunteer at a primary school and with a Brownie pack. I absolutely love the work I do and it is the highlight of my week. Would it be even vaguely sensible to get a 90 credit diploma and leave to be a teaching assistant or should I just stick it out for another year?

I've looked at job descriptions and person specifications and I have all the necessary skills and qualifications to be a T.A.

Are you under 18? you may have issues if so as you are supposed to stay in education until 18, if you believe that being a TA is the definite thing for you, maybe see if you could get your teaching assistant qualification if you were to quit your btec?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Are you under 18? you may have issues if so as you are supposed to stay in education until 18, if you believe that being a TA is the definite thing for you, maybe see if you could get your teaching assistant qualification if you were to quit your btec?

I'm 18 so I don't have to be in education. I will look into that, thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you looked into teaching assistant apprenticeships by any chance? There are many different pathways that may suit you better than Health and Social care. If you are struggling and feel as if you wont be able to complete your coursework at all then instead of carrying on and wasting another year, it would be better for you to look at different ways that you can go into depending on your career path.
Reply 4
Original post by anvianzi
Have you looked into teaching assistant apprenticeships by any chance? There are many different pathways that may suit you better than Health and Social care. If you are struggling and feel as if you wont be able to complete your coursework at all then instead of carrying on and wasting another year, it would be better for you to look at different ways that you can go into depending on your career path.

I have the qualifications already to be a teaching assistant.

My tutor has since put in place significantly more support so I feel that I will be able to complete my qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
I have the qualifications already to be a teaching assistant.

My tutor has since put in place significantly more support so I feel that I will be able to complete my qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great to hear
Reply 6
What do you mean by ''Brownie Pack''?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending