The Student Room Group

what did your teachers used to/say on your school reports?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
It did, its a real pet hate of mine:P

I'm not surprised :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by Zargabaath
"Has potential, needs to apply himself"

"Needs to contribute more to class"

I just used to think to myself "Bitch, if your class wasn't so goddamn unengaging maybe I would make an effort" :lol:

omg this
she used to say I need to put my hand up more like bitch when do you ever ask questions
"Model student" :u:
Original post by z33
YESSSSSSSS omg
but then you talk to them in person and they give you that "you're gonna fail" smile

My geog teacher gave me that looked when I got an A in my GCSE mocks

Original post by ravioliyears
Mine was that I was too independent and that I struggle to work in teams..... :colonhash:

EVERY
BLOODY
TIME.

I bet that was annoying, i never wanted to work in teams in school either, doesnt see what the problem was with being independent.
Continuously got 'lots of potential/ too chatty' :colonhash:
I've still got almost all of my mine bc my mum always kept them for some odd reason. :lol: Well, here's my year 9 report written by my tutor.

"Anon is a mature and reserved young lady who is always immaculately dressed. She is a polite and popular member of the tutor group with a good circle of friends. Her attendance record is excellent and her punctuality is also very good. She has an extremely good attitude towards college and learning which is reflected in her effort, behaviour and homework grades. Anon's approach to learning is fantastic. She is organised and hardworking. These attributes have insured that Anon is working at or above her target levels for most of her subjects. She has achieved an outstanding attainment level for Design and Technology which is two sub-levels higher than her target grade. Well done Anon, this is an excellent report.

*Signed* "

How things have changed. :toofunny:
Always the "never participates in discussions" or "distracts other members and has to be moved" lines :/

In English though I got GOAT reports, all "Excellents" in every category :proud:
Best student they ever had.
I bet that was annoying, i never wanted to work in teams in school either, doesnt see what the problem was with being independent.

Exactly! Tbh, the only reason why I wanted to work independently is because the people who were in my group weren't the brightest of people, and if I mentioned something. they would steal what I said and have the audacity to put their name first (and mine last) on the group presentation.

Hmh, it makes me sound selfish but that is literally what happened.
"Not gonna pass high school at this rate"
Original post by ravioliyears
Exactly! Tbh, the only reason why I wanted to work independently is because the people who were in my group weren't the brightest of people, and if I mentioned something. they would steal what I said and have the audacity to put their name first (and mine last) on the group presentation.

Hmh, it makes me sound selfish but that is literally what happened.

That's understandable, its annoying when groups don't all contribute and give credit where its due.
Original post by z33
omg this
she used to say I need to put my hand up more like bitch when do you ever ask questions

hahaha yeah I hated that. Like why do I need to put my hand up if I understand what you're trying to teach me? :lol:
which subject was it ? :P

Basically every class I had before A-Levels, I used to find high school/GCSE lessons so boring so I'd spend most of the lesson either messing around with my mates or daydreaming. The teachers used to get really annoyed because I'd consistently get some of the highest marks in my classes too whenever we had a test :rofl:
hahaha yeah I hated that. Like why do I need to put my hand up if I understand what you're trying to teach me? :lol:

Basically every class I had before A-Levels, I used to find high school/GCSE lessons so boring so I'd spend most of the lesson either messing around with my mates or daydreaming. The teachers used to get really annoyed because I'd consistently get some of the highest marks in my classes too whenever we had a test :rofl:

Can't complain much if you were getting high test marks anyway :P
Original post by somemightsay888
Always the "never participates in discussions" or "distracts other members and has to be moved" lines :/

In English though I got GOAT reports, all "Excellents" in every category :proud:

I used to get excellent in everything other then effort and punctuality lmaooo
"she gets distracted frequently and needs to stay on task"
"she need to improve her attitude towards the lesson"

every single year...

-sigh
Can't complain much if you were getting high test marks anyway :P

Exactly :tongue:
I probably ended up putting more effort in at home just to spite my teachers and see their faces when I came out high marks :biggrin:
That I needed to put more effort at school. :tongue:
I used to get excellent in everything other then effort and punctuality lmaooo

Ahh, we had the categories "Effort", "Behaviour/Attitude", "Quality of work", "Quality of homework" and "Overall".

Usually got well in all of it bar Quality of Homework, which I paid my friend to do for me :rofl: Once the teacher nearly caught me out by asking how I'd gotten a copy of the lower groups Maths homework when I was in the higher class hahaha
Every year me and my friends sit around together, compare school reports and play " 'conscientious pupil' bingo". Whoever has been called 'conscientious' the most times has to buy everyone else a drink, because that is a very conscientious thing to do :h:

Quick Reply

Latest