The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Medicine 2016 Offer Holder Page

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5824
Also has anyone sorted accommodation yet?

Accommodation booking opens in May! And I don't know about the DBS I was wondering the same thing
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 81
Original post by Folami 123
Accommodation booking opens in May! And I don't know about the DBS I was wondering the same thing

Okay thank you :smile: Does anyone have any idea about the DBS certificate??
Original post by 5824
Okay thank you :smile: Does anyone have any idea about the DBS certificate??

I thought they would've sent it when you firmed/insuranced them, although I don't have all my decisions in so I can't say for sure.
Original post by not you
I thought they would've sent it when you firmed/insuranced them, although I don't have all my decisions in so I can't say for sure.

I've firmed and I haven't heard back about that maybe we'll receive all of that information after all offers have been given out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MarimaKauser
I've firmed and I haven't heard back about that maybe we'll receive all of that information after all offers have been given out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay, and yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess that means we won't get it until late March or April since interviews go on until the end of March (I think they do anyway)
Original post by not you
Oh okay, and yeah I guess that makes sense. I guess that means we won't get it until late March or April since interviews go on until the end of March (I think they do anyway)

Yeah I assume so, following last years thread anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I assume so, following last years thread anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

bleh how can you be arsed trawling through last years thread to find an answer?
Original post by not you
bleh how can you be arsed trawling through last years thread to find an answer?

I did it after my interview to see how everyone responded after theirs and offers and I just remember it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone had any thoughts on accommodation? I know you can't choose an exact halls but it'd be nice to know where to avoid, and where to find the medics :P
Does anyone know when it's offer holder day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedStudent1997
Does anyone know when it's offer holder day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't one
Original post by AortaStudyMore
There isn't one

Do we get like a pack? Do they send us stuff in the mail? Do we have to come in before we start the course? Is there like a pre start day where they introduce us to everything? Thanks man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we get like a pack? Do they send us stuff in the mail? Do we have to come in before we start the course? Is there like a pre start day where they introduce us to everything? Thanks man :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh you get a welcome pack and a tonne of forms to fill out, trust me if you think that because you've got an offer all the uni stuff ends then you're wrong haha. You have to get a load of vaccinations before you come, get a fresh DBS (can't use one you already have) and fill out an occupational health form which needs to be signed by a GP (which takes ages). So yh, there's a lot of admin stuff to come. But other than that, you don't go to the uni until you start on the 3rd October
Yh you get a welcome pack and a tonne of forms to fill out, trust me if you think that because you've got an offer all the uni stuff ends then you're wrong haha. You have to get a load of vaccinations before you come, get a fresh DBS (can't use one you already have) and fill out an occupational health form which needs to be signed by a GP (which takes ages). So yh, there's a lot of admin stuff to come. But other than that, you don't go to the uni until you start on the 3rd October

Thank you! I was wondering if you would be willing to share ur weekly timetable with us? I'm curious as to know how much time is spent at the uni and if we get any days off during the week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
image.jpg
Thank you! I was wondering if you would be willing to share ur weekly timetable with us? I'm curious as to know how much time is spent at the uni and if we get any days off during the week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know how clear that was, but basically, that was this week's timetable (it changes each week obviously), so monday was anatomy of the breast lecture, then basic life support workshop, then an anatomy "quiz" and then"pbl - work alone" which is just free time. Today we had 3 respiratory system lectures and a practical. Tomorrow we have off, thursday we have FCA transplant session (whatever that is) and then PBL in the afternoon, and then friday is off too
I don't know how clear that was, but basically, that was this week's timetable (it changes each week obviously), so monday was anatomy of the breast lecture, then basic life support workshop, then an anatomy "quiz" and then"pbl - work alone" which is just free time. Today we had 3 respiratory system lectures and a practical. Tomorrow we have off, thursday we have FCA transplant session (whatever that is) and then PBL in the afternoon, and then friday is off too

Are the days off the same each week or does that also vary dependant on the week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are the days off the same each week or does that also vary dependant on the week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Varies, infact we don't usually get many days off, we just have quite a lot at the moment because we have a tonne of coursework to do for the end of march (and 2 exams :frown: ). Enjoy A-levels while you can kids!
There's an offer holders day next week, but there doesn't seem to be one for medicine, is that alright?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
It says documents and DBS form need to be submitted by June 30th, what documents are these??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending