The Student Room Group

English Controlled Assessment Grading

I have scores for my Controlled Assessments for English but I have not got told what grades they are. Would anyway be able to tell me what grade they feel is appropriate/ if they know. The grades are as followed:
Of mice and men controlled assessment: 18/30
2 creative writings: 13/20 and the other: 12/20 (combined 19/30 with best 1 out of the 2 possible spag marks)
Spoken Language: 10/20
Reply 1
Well that's 60/100 which is 60% so most likely around a C but you can check your exam boards website for grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by LunaTy
Well that's 60/100 which is 60% so most likely around a C but you can check your exam boards website for grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you,
Individual grades?
Reply 3
Original post by DellRyan
I have scores for my Controlled Assessments for English but I have not got told what grades they are. Would anyway be able to tell me what grade they feel is appropriate/ if they know. The grades are as followed:
Of mice and men controlled assessment: 18/30
2 creative writings: 13/20 and the other: 12/20 (combined 19/30 with best 1 out of the 2 possible spag marks)
Spoken Language: 10/20

what exam board are you on?
Reply 4
Original post by gregan
what exam board are you on?

AQA
Reply 5
AQA

Overall 18+19+10 = 47/80 which in 2015 and 2014 was the grade boundary for a C.

As a rough calculation, you would need about 17.5/30 on the reading and writing to get a C, and 11.25/20 on Spoken to get a C
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gregan
Overall 18+19+10 = 47/80 which in 2015 and 2014 was the grade boundary for a C.

As a rough calculation, you would need about 17.5/30 on the reading and writing to get a C, and 11.25/20 on Spoken to get a C

What do you mean reading and writing? spoken?
Reply 7
What do you mean reading and writing? spoken?

reading - of mice and men
writing - creative writing
spoken - spoken language
Reply 8
Original post by gregan
reading - of mice and men
writing - creative writing
spoken - spoken language

Oh ok, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest