The Student Room Group

Can you still work in the space industry with a maths degree?

As above
Original post by h.xlx
As above

Yeah. I imagine they hire statisticians and applied mathematicians too. :smile:
Do you have any idea for what specific jobs in this industry you're interested in?
Yes you can
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
Yeah. I imagine they hire statisticians and applied mathematicians too. :smile:
Do you have any idea for what specific jobs in this industry you're interested in?

I don't know about specific jobs, but working for the European space agency, nasa, spaceX, etc. If that helps lol
Yes. Mechanics.
Reply 5
Definitely !!!
Original post by h.xlx
I don't know about specific jobs, but working for the European space agency, nasa, spaceX, etc. If that helps lol

If you want a decent job at NASA/SpaceX, you'll have to be an American citizen unfortunately.
Reply 7
Original post by Student403
If you want a decent job at NASA/SpaceX, you'll have to be an American citizen unfortunately.

Really?! I was looking online and they were talking about international students who went on to work for them. (Not necessarily in America but for them nonetheless)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h.xlx
Really?! I was looking online and they were talking about international students who went on to work for them. (Not necessarily in America but for them nonetheless)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they are the minority. I know it's very hard because the government sees rockets and spacecraft as very close to missiles, and so they take military precautions
Reply 9
Original post by Student403
I think they are the minority. I know it's very hard because the government sees rockets and spacecraft as very close to missiles, and so they take military precautions

Ahhh, I see. Thanks dude!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h.xlx
Ahhh, I see. Thanks dude!

Posted from TSR Mobile

All good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest