The Student Room Group

Road to AAAA - AS LEVELS

Hey everyone, I currently take Art, Maths, History and Product Design in AS. For my first set of mocks, I did not do as well as I hoped to:

Maths: B
Art: B
History: C
Product Design: D

These grades (especially the last two) have given me the motivation to do even better in my next mock exams starting March 14th. My grades to aim for in the mocks are AABB! In the exams in May/June, I'm aiming for 4 A's. I will be posting every day about my productivity in terms of revision.

If you're reading this then you're fab - don't give up and do not let anyone hinder your road to success!!

All the best,

Matt

Scroll to see replies

Good luck!
I'll keep an eye on the thread.
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I'll keep an eye on the thread.

awesome
Original post by TSRMatt

Matt

Good Luck Bruh! :biggrin:
I did pretty rubbish too, I'm feeling stressed I don't want to have to re-do the year🙄🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I did pretty badly in my mocks, BCCU is was what I got at the time, for English lit, history, sociology and philosophy. I improved by doing a lot of essays and taking advice of teachers on what I should do to sit exams successfully.

In the end I got 3 A's for my AS results and no-one expected that, considering my mocks and also GCSE results.

Revise hard around a few months before exam time.
Reply 7
Update: 5/3/16 - Today I made flashcards on some processes in moulding thermosetting plastics and thermosets. Also started a drawing for art. Planning out how to write flashcards for history, need to focus on certain topics.
Reply 8
I had ABBEU in my mocks, and I'm aiming for AAABC, kinda crapping 'em now if I'm honest:s-smilie:
Reply 9
Original post by Cari98
I had ABBEU in my mocks, and I'm aiming for AAABC, kinda crapping 'em now if I'm honest:s-smilie:

If you put your mind to anything, you can achieve it!
06/03/16 Today I have made some more flashcards for History and Germany - also product design. I have begun to plan an essay and will finish it tomorrow to prepare for my mocks starting 14th
Sorry, did not update yesterday - today 8/3/16 I have made some more flashcards for History and I have gone over the other ones I made previously. I also completed a 12 mark source analysis question to do with the Stasi
09/3/16 - I made flashcards for the Role of Women - different eras from 1917-85.
Also, I have tried to get the control of Art and Culture in the USSR into my head haha...

It has be good and fun - I will do some scheduling diagram practice in the minute for D1 maths
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Good Luck Bruh! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! First written exam is tomorrow - History: Russia

(14/3/16) Today, I did a practice essay on Khrushchev's economic policies and also completed some flash cards on Theme 3 - Art and Culture from 1917-64

Hope that all the hard work will pay off tomorrow!!

I have D1 on Thursday and another History and Maths mock exam on Friday!
Wish me luck... :smile:
Original post by MJlover
I did pretty badly in my mocks, BCCU is was what I got at the time, for English lit, history, sociology and philosophy. I improved by doing a lot of essays and taking advice of teachers on what I should do to sit exams successfully.

In the end I got 3 A's for my AS results and no-one expected that, considering my mocks and also GCSE results.

Revise hard around a few months before exam time.

Wow that's amazing!!
Original post by Cari98

All you can do is your best! A friend once told me, "It doesn't matter about what the results will be, it's about how you get them - the process!" :smile:

Be confident that you will do well!!!
ah good luck!!!! i'm aiming for AABB lol help
Original post by patronusleviosa
ah good luck!!!! i'm aiming for AABB lol help

I guess you're a potter head? :wink: and all the best!! I have 2 mocks left - one on Monday and the other Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TSRMatt
I guess you're a potter head? :wink: and all the best!! I have 2 mocks left - one on Monday and the other Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep!!! how are you revising for maths and history?? oh and we did our mocks already and I got CCCD and heres me aiming for 2 A's and 2 B's but hopefully i'll get that by working hard
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by patronusleviosa
yep!!! how are you revising for maths and history?? oh and we did our mocks already and I got CCCD and heres me aiming for 2 A's and 2 B's but hopefully i'll get that by working hard

For maths - I'm practicing over and over again the things that I do not understand or topics I need to consolidate

PAST PAPERS save your life btw

the modules I do are C1, C2 and D1 (Edexcel)

For history - I am creating flashcards & doing the 'brain dump' exercise occasionally where I get a blank piece of paper and use a time limit such as 5 minutes to see how much I can remember on a certain topic or the whole course

I am also planning out essay questions which really helps :smile:
I study Russia: Lenin to Yeltsin 1917-91 and The GDR Reunification: 1949-90

I got my C2 paper back and I got a B2 (mid-B) - 52/75

I had my C1 paper today also, I should be receiving grades/marks/percentages back in the next few days or if not, after Easter holidays!!

REMEMBER: Never give up because you do not know how close you are to succeeding.

Quick Reply

Latest