The Student Room Group

Is there anything positive about the future direction of England?

--
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Que sera sera.
I don't know to be honest.
The 'non-diverse enclaves' are only really found in major cities. I definitely feel there has to be a control on the number of immigrants coming into the country.
There's so many possible outcomes of the future, it's hard to say what it will be like for sure.
Reply 2
It's travelling forwards in time, which is generally the appropriate direction to be going in.

Apart from that? Hmm... I'll have a think.
I like the English Premier League too much to leave this country.
This country, just like the rest of Europe, is going down the hill and I know the people responsible for this.
(edited 8 years ago)
You need more global warming in England it is freezing there.
Newham is anything but non-diverse.
I plan to move abroad because I just don't see how the UK is going to cope in the future. I've thought about Australia and am currently thinking about living in a economy with lots of potential(i.e. South Korea). Modern day feminism, growth of Islam(the Muslims are welcome here- I just have a problem with Islam itself), the tories and Labour Party have ruined this country. Add China to that list of things destroying this country
Reply 8
Nonsense.

There are plenty of people, particularly the elderly, who love spouting rubbish about how this country is going 'downhill'.

Every country has its problems. Taking everything into consideration this is still a great country to live in.

:wink:
Reply 9
we've still got one of the most generous social security and benefits systems in the world!
Original post by RivalPlayer
What about the other problems like doctors leaving, teacher recruitment, lack of housing despite a growing population?

Doctors leaving - Well, they have to be persuaded to stay, if that means their demands must be met so be it

Teachers recruitment - More young people have to be encouraged to become teachers and those unemployed with degrees should consider it too

Lack of housing - Hmm, probably wreck old housing and make more high rise flats to accommodate people? Definitely restrict the number of people coming into the country and possibly push a good few out :/ Those who cannot speak English and have not let British culture in their lives at all.
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
This country, just like the rest of Europe, is going down the hill and I know the people responsible for this.

You are right, the gypsies are doing it with their evil curses and nomadic ways.
Original post by Eternalflames
@HucktheForde Your opinons Sir?

TL : DR
Original post by DiddyDec
You are right, the gypsies are doing it with their evil curses and nomadic ways.

I keep hearing one chanting outside my house, "ANY OLD IRION?" they say, repeating over and over.
i wouldn't say the futures completely hopeless, but something my parents have been telling me increasingly more often is that after uni i should get a job outside of the country, because in terms of a career outside of the british army my futures pretty bleak. There are a few people we know as well who have got careers in places like dubai and america who are really happy, and other people we know who have finished uni and are working in a restaurant wondering where they went wrong.
Original post by Eternalflames
Hahaha, alright then. But the title itself isn't long.
Is there anything positive about the future of England?

why are you asking me?
It is the end of the world as we know it.
I'm starting to believe that England isn't a good place to settle and have a family. I just don't see anything positive about the direction England seems to be heading in. We've got a buckling NHS, nurses leaving the NHS, doctors leaving the country, teacher recruitment crisis, problems with end-of-life care, an increasingly socially fragmented growing population and a lack of affordable housing.
We're constantly being told that we're a secular country yet no one ever talks about the growth of Islam which comes with its own issues in terms cultural changes and integration. And then there's Europe's migrant crisis which will likely worsen as conflicts unfold and the effects of global warming become more apparent. It is inevitable that Europe will cop the side effects of these emerging problems in a big way.

All of this stuff concerns me and in recent months, I've really started to think that England won't be the place to be if you plan on settling down, having a family and leading a good life. I think the ordinary citizen of the future will be living in a very fragmented society with low levels of social cohesion and will face a far poorer quality of life than they would today. I think Islam will also have a far greater presence than what we're used to now and that will create further division and friction in society. They'll be more non-diverse enclaves established with places like Newham / Tower Hamlets existing in far greater numbers. We'll see greater pressure placed on services and resources, but we'll accept it as a consequence of diversity because of our infamous tolerance.

The future doesn't look bright from where I'm sitting. Maybe I'm just overblowing it or perhaps you can relate.

How do you feel about the future of England?

Bumping because this is a good post
I'm starting to believe that England isn't a good place to settle and have a family. I just don't see anything positive about the direction England seems to be heading in. We've got a buckling NHS, nurses leaving the NHS, doctors leaving the country, teacher recruitment crisis, problems with end-of-life care, an increasingly socially fragmented growing population and a lack of affordable housing.
We're constantly being told that we're a secular country yet no one ever talks about the growth of Islam which comes with its own issues in terms cultural changes and integration. And then there's Europe's migrant crisis which will likely worsen as conflicts unfold and the effects of global warming become more apparent. It is inevitable that Europe will cop the side effects of these emerging problems in a big way.

All of this stuff concerns me and in recent months, I've really started to think that England won't be the place to be if you plan on settling down, having a family and leading a good life. I think the ordinary citizen of the future will be living in a very fragmented society with low levels of social cohesion and will face a far poorer quality of life than they would today. I think Islam will also have a far greater presence than what we're used to now and that will create further division and friction in society. They'll be more non-diverse enclaves established with places like Newham / Tower Hamlets existing in far greater numbers. We'll see greater pressure placed on services and resources, but we'll accept it as a consequence of diversity because of our infamous tolerance.

The future doesn't look bright from where I'm sitting. Maybe I'm just overblowing it or perhaps you can relate.

Yes I feel similar but my solution is to move out of the city and into a market town where if you pick well many of those issues are lessened a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

I thought it was **** 15 years ago which is why I left the country. Can't ever see me coming back.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending