The Student Room Group

Talking to my teacher about problems I am having?

There is this teacher at my school and I have spoken to him before. He has spoke to me before and was asking what was up but I haven't had the courage to actually say it. I've now thought about it and think it is time I tell him absolutely everything. I, scared to but I trust him loads. I have self harmed because I don't know what to d anymore. Do you think I should speak to him because I don't know?

Scroll to see replies

Since you said you trust him, speak to him, let it all out.
Original post by Saffron123456
There is this teacher at my school and I have spoken to him before. He has spoke to me before and was asking what was up but I haven't had the courage to actually say it. I've now thought about it and think it is time I tell him absolutely everything. I, scared to but I trust him loads. I have self harmed because I don't know what to d anymore. Do you think I should speak to him because I don't know?

Yes! Speak to the people you trust the most.

Please don't hurt yourself
Sorry to hear you have been self harming
Original post by Blackstarr
Since you said you trust him, speak to him, let it all out.

you dont think he will think im weird or unusual?
[video="youtube;dxNgbsInrpg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxNgbsInrpg[/video]
Original post by KyleH123
Yes! Speak to the people you trust the most.

Please don't hurt yourself

so u dont think he will think im weird or unusual?
you would be better off speaking to a qualified psychologist rather than a teacher who is not trained to deal with these sort of problems. at most all the teacher will do is refer you to a psychologist.
you dont think he will think im weird or unusual?

No, he is a teacher, so most likely has dealt with similar issues.

Looking back, I think I should have been more open withthose I trusted.

My friend has self harmed and said she did not want to tellteachers because they could judge her, I don’t think that was a wise choice forher but anyway, yeah, open up, the power of opening up is great.

No, he is a teacher, so most likely has dealt with similar issues.

Looking back, I think I should have been more open withthose I trusted.

My friend has self harmed and said she did not want to tellteachers because they could judge her, I don’t think that was a wise choice forher but anyway, yeah, open up, the power of opening up is great.

should i tell him im self harming?
Yes, if you really trust him and feel like there will be apositive outcome.

In every situation its better to open up to someone you cantrust and even if they can’t help, at least you have let it all out and theperson could know someone who could help.

@Saffron123456
should i tell him im self harming?

In every situation its better to open up to someone you cantrust and even if they can’t help, at least you have let it all out and theperson could know someone who could help.
Also, see your GP
Out of interest, why are you self harming? do your parents/family know about this?

Im really scared to tell him everything but feel like i should. it will be a good idea right?
Out of interest, why are you self harming? do your parents/family know about this?

im scared my teacher will judge. i feel like im loosing everything. my family doesnt know at all
Im really scared to tell him everything but feel like i should. it will be a good idea right?

How is your relationship with that teacher?
Even if your relationship is not great, I don’t think itmatters because teachers should be aware that students self harm and do allsorts that affect them emotionally and socially.
Basically, speak to him, don’t be scared of being judgedbecause you are not the only one going through this in your school.
Be courageous.
Also, watch the video I have posted.
How is your relationship with that teacher?
Even if your relationship is not great, I don’t think itmatters because teachers should be aware that students self harm and do allsorts that affect them emotionally and socially.
Basically, speak to him, don’t be scared of being judgedbecause you are not the only one going through this in your school.
Be courageous.
Also, watch the video I have posted.

my relationship with him is good. He jokes about with me. i think he is worried about me as he is always asking if im okay. do you think he will be supportive and listen?
im scared my teacher will judge. i feel like im loosing everything. my family doesnt know at all

The teacher should have your best interest at heart so, I don’tthink he will have any time to be judgemental, life is way too short to bejudging each individual as they are.
Sometimes, we over think a lot of think so, keep calm,breathe and change your mind-set.
You can get out of self harm.
my relationship with him is good. He jokes about with me. i think he is worried about me as he is always asking if im okay. do you think he will be supportive and listen?

Since according to you, he is supportive and always as ifyou are okay, then he will be supportive.

Just tell him, what have you got to lose? nothing really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending