The Student Room Group

Talking to my teacher about problems I am having?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackstarr
The teacher should have your best interest at heart so, I don’tthink he will have any time to be judgemental, life is way too short to bejudging each individual as they are.
Sometimes, we over think a lot of think so, keep calm,breathe and change your mind-set.
You can get out of self harm.

I just really need to try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saffron123456
Im really scared to tell him everything but feel like i should. it will be a good idea right?

Like I said before, just tell him how you feel and see theoutcome.

:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you really do.

Pray to God for help if you are a Christian.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He will do what is best for you. Tell him and I promise you will not regret it. You will get the help you need. Do it for yourself, you need to. Don't be afraid. Best wishes.
Like I said before, just tell him how you feel and see theoutcome.

:smile:

I'm shaking I'm so scared. I just hope everything will okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sparster
He will do what is best for you. Tell him and I promise you will not regret it. You will get the help you need. Do it for yourself, you need to. Don't be afraid. Best wishes.

I'm really scared I'm shaking. Do you think he will be okay listening to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm shaking I'm so scared. I just hope everything will okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its pretty normal when you are stuck in a situation and don't know what to do.

Out of interest, why do you self harm?
Its pretty normal when you are stuck in a situation and don't know what to do.

Out of interest, why do you self harm?

Because I feel like I have lost all my friends. People talking behind my back. Don't know what to do anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because I feel like I have lost all my friends. People talking behind my back. Don't know what to do anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

How old are you.

I feel out with the people I though were my friends when in reality they did not have my best interest at heart.

Its better to talk that out with your teacher too and friends come and go.

Focus on healing yourself first.
I hope things work out for you.:smile:
How old are you.

I feel out with the people I though were my friends when in reality they did not have my best interest at heart.

Its better to talk that out with your teacher too and friends come and go.

Focus on healing yourself first.

I'm 15 in year 11. So you think I should talk to him about the friendship thing too

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope things work out for you.:smile:

So do I

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really scared I'm shaking. Do you think he will be okay listening to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't shake. You will be fine and it will all be okay in the long run. He will listen to you yes. Tell him everything and provided it isn't literally life threatening at this moment in time, he is under a legal obligation to not tell anyone without your permission.
Don't shake. You will be fine and it will all be okay in the long run. He will listen to you yes. Tell him everything and provided it isn't literally life threatening at this moment in time, he is under a legal obligation to not tell anyone without your permission.

Really how do you know this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he is asking me if I am okay all the time does this show that he cares a lot about me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really how do you know this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is a legal requirement that people in power eg doctors, teachers etc do not tell anyone else about something someone confides in them unless it is life threatening if the person asks them to keep it a secret. They can lose their job. They are there for you :smile:
It is a legal requirement that people in power eg doctors, teachers etc do not tell anyone else about something someone confides in them unless it is life threatening if the person asks them to keep it a secret. They can lose their job. They are there for you :smile:

He has said to me before that some things I tell him have to be passed on eg self harm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is totally incorrect. He would risk losing his job if he didn't pass it on.
There is this teacher at my school and I have spoken to him before. He has spoke to me before and was asking what was up but I haven't had the courage to actually say it. I've now thought about it and think it is time I tell him absolutely everything. I, scared to but I trust him loads. I have self harmed because I don't know what to d anymore. Do you think I should speak to him because I don't know?

I'm sorry to hear that you have been self-harming. Please do talk to him, if you feel that you can trust that's great, go ahead and approach him. You can do it!
He has said to me before that some things I tell him have to be passed on eg self harm.

He will certainly pass it on but that is a good thing as it means you will get the support you need.

Quick Reply

Latest