The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Uni of Kent accommodation help?? Best halls at Canterbury?

I'm looking at Kent or Reading for economics, can't decide which halls is best? I don't care too much about the money, my parents are paying and they want me to go catered but tbh I don't really care that much myself. I wanna go somewhere social with a good female/male ratio bc I go to an all girl school and I'm so bored of all the bloody drama at the moment. Which halls do you think is best/ any stereotypes about each hall u know of? Thanks :smile:
Keynes or Woolfe are nice with the catered option.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
If you don't want drama don't live in Turing (or go to university at all tbh). Park wood is really social and nice but has a bad reputation because it's so far away from campus (not even that far!). Eliot and Rutherford are the 'prisons' but they're quite central to campus, so it depends on what you would rather have. Beckett Court is in a really great location too (right between Venue and Essentials, which tbh is where you'll probably be most of the time anyway), not sure about if they have a catered option though. Darwin is nice, they have Origins which is cool and they have a good night on a Tuesday so it'd be handy to be close for that.
Reply 3
Original post by leafy3
If you don't want drama don't live in Turing (or go to university at all tbh). Park wood is really social and nice but has a bad reputation because it's so far away from campus (not even that far!). Eliot and Rutherford are the 'prisons' but they're quite central to campus, so it depends on what you would rather have. Beckett Court is in a really great location too (right between Venue and Essentials, which tbh is where you'll probably be most of the time anyway), not sure about if they have a catered option though. Darwin is nice, they have Origins which is cool and they have a good night on a Tuesday so it'd be handy to be close for that.

can you expand on the drama in Turing? what goes on there?

also what's up with elliot and rutherford? are they just boring? describing them as prisons is a bit worrying haha. thanks :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by joxe
can you expand on the drama in Turing? what goes on there?

also what's up with elliot and rutherford? are they just boring? describing them as prisons is a bit worrying haha. thanks :smile:

Don't worry I was mostly joking about Turing drama. Turing's actually really nice, the fire alarms just go off ALL the time (although if you get my room I'm so sorry because it has multiple peoples vomit on the carpet) - fresher tip: do not let drunk people sleep in your room!!
Well the actual Rutherford and Eliot main buildings did actually used to be prisons, but the accommodation blocks themselves just aren't known as being the nicest on campus. Someone I know actually moved out of Rutherford and into Keynes in the first term because they hated it so much, but of course it's dependant on other factors as to whether you enjoy your accommodation like your flatmates etc.
Reply 5
Original post by leafy3
Don't worry I was mostly joking about Turing drama. Turing's actually really nice, the fire alarms just go off ALL the time (although if you get my room I'm so sorry because it has multiple peoples vomit on the carpet) - fresher tip: do not let drunk people sleep in your room!!
Well the actual Rutherford and Eliot main buildings did actually used to be prisons, but the accommodation blocks themselves just aren't known as being the nicest on campus. Someone I know actually moved out of Rutherford and into Keynes in the first term because they hated it so much, but of course it's dependant on other factors as to whether you enjoy your accommodation like your flatmates etc.

Ohh deear. Hahaha.. Bet the smell was lovely for you that year

Thanks for the info :smile: doesn't sound too bad... Do you know Is it easy to move if you're unhappy with your accommodation?

Sorry for all the questions but also where actually is Turing? I found the others on the map quite easily but have no idea where turing is located. Hah thanks :smile:
Original post by leafy3

It's funny because our block NEVER has ours go off!

Seeing as I'm in Turing I may as well do my plug for it: it's expensive but damn do you get good accommodation. Seeing as it's the newest accommodation, everything is basically brand spanking new so you get the benefit of modern appliances and a modern kitchen (if you end up in any of the odd numbered flats in A block, you get the best view of the Cathedral ever).

As Leafy explained, the 'best' accommodation is dependant on who's in your flat. I benefit from some lovely flatmates whereas I know some with not such great flatmates. Most of it is just sheer luck as to whether the accommodation is good as I know people in Eliot and Darwin who love it and people in Parkwood who actually love being far away from the other blocks.
Reply 7
This is a random question but which campus is the most freaky and has the best girls?
thats suck a f***ing stupid question lmao unis not an alternate universe ??????????
Reply 9
Original post by naddm19
This is a random question but which campus is the most freaky and has the best girls?

Legend
Original post by jamescw94
It's funny because our block NEVER has ours go off!

Seeing as I'm in Turing I may as well do my plug for it: it's expensive but damn do you get good accommodation. Seeing as it's the newest accommodation, everything is basically brand spanking new so you get the benefit of modern appliances and a modern kitchen (if you end up in any of the odd numbered flats in A block, you get the best view of the Cathedral ever).

As Leafy explained, the 'best' accommodation is dependant on who's in your flat. I benefit from some lovely flatmates whereas I know some with not such great flatmates. Most of it is just sheer luck as to whether the accommodation is good as I know people in Eliot and Darwin who love it and people in Parkwood who actually love being far away from the other blocks

I am planning on applying to Kent.

How is the social life at Turing? Is it easy to make friends or even a good friendship group?

Also, can you have guests over, either to just spend the day or even sleep overs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending