The Student Room Group

What have y'all gotten your mothers this Sunday?

Mother's Day today! What do y'all have planned? Actually everyday should be Mother's Day,I don't know why we have to allocate a specific date,but oh well!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I treat my mum and gran whenever I have the money and I see them pretty much every day and talk to them every day but I do still like to get them something on mother's day, especially this year as my mum is watching my cats for me on mothers day this year while I'm away on a trip :tongue:

I got my mum some wine, flowers with a toy bear with them, some Lush bath bombs and soaps and some money and all my gran wanted was a card and money and I'm taking her out on Wednesday on a shopping trip.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that :redface:
I went to a Bulgarian store which is quite far away, to get her her favourite childhood sweets and some lillies because they're her birth flower...
Reply 4
Original post by Student403
Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that :redface:

It's really weird because in some cultures/countries there no such thing as Mother's Day or Father's Day. People are expected to give love every day :laugh:
Reply 5
Original post by homeland.lsw
I went to a Bulgarian store which is quite far away, to get her her favourite childhood sweets and some lillies because they're her birth flower...

She deserves it!
Reply 6
Original post by Spock's Socks
I treat my mum and gran whenever I have the money and I see them pretty much every day and talk to them every day but I do still like to get them something on mother's day, especially this year as my mum is watching my cats for me on mothers day this year while I'm away on a trip :tongue:

I got my mum some wine, flowers with a toy bear with them, some Lush bath bombs and soaps and some money and all my gran wanted was a card and money and I'm taking her out on Wednesday on a shopping trip.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good attitude! And some cute gifts
Original post by queen-bee
She deserves it!

You can say that again...
Reply 8
Perfume gift set. Will probably go get some flowers too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really weird because in some cultures/countries there no such thing as Mother's Day or Father's Day. People are expected to give love every day :laugh:

Yeah I'm only half serious. I did forget but we don't celebrate anyway - Muslim family :smile:
Reply 10
Just some chocolate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Student403
Yeah I'm only half serious. I did forget but we don't celebrate anyway - Muslim family :smile:

Haram yeah? :redface:
Original post by homeland.lsw

That is so cute :love:

OP - flowers, chocolates, a card, and a couple of books she used to love as a kid that she's been looking for everywhere for ages and couldn't find :P
I got my mum a cookbook so she can bake all sorts of lovely stuff, and it's written by Paul from the bake off and she loves Paul lol.
Reply 14
Original post by ivybridge
That is so cute :love:

OP - flowers, chocolates, a card, and a couple of books she used to love as a kid that she's been looking for everywhere for ages and couldn't find :P

Such lovely gifts!
Haram yeah? :redface:

Not so much that tbh. We're quite liberal Muslims so little appreciation celebrations aren't considered "forbidden" per se, more that they just don't hold as much value to us compared to with other families :smile:

Using the same argument - that moms should be appreciated every day
I'm not home for Mother's Day :frown:
So I've had flowers, a card & a bear delivered.
Reply 17
Original post by cherryred90s
I'm not home for Mother's Day :frown:
So I've had flowers, a card & a bear delivered.

That's sweet :console:
i don't have money :redface:
plus she is still sleeping :sleep::sleep::sleep:
Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

image.jpg

Sorry I was asleep mum :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest