The Student Room Group

What have y'all gotten your mothers this Sunday?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jamestg
Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

image.jpg

Sorry I was asleep mum :frown:

Meh, I've never done it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by queen-bee
Haram yeah? :redface:

mothers day is just a mothers day... it's not haram I guess :noway:
gifts are just a showoff, how long they will last for; a month or 2 but not for the lifetime :mute:
prayers, love, affection or maybe make something for her she'll appreciate it :yes: and all these things will make her happy and lasts for the whole life:love:
but if you really wanna give gifts then give her something that she is interested in like kitchen stuff e.g. spoons, plates cups because whenever my mum goes outside she'll always buy something that relates to kitchen :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
Looks like I'm in the sh*thouse and she even publicly shamed me...

image.jpg

Sorry I was asleep mum :frown:

A moment of silence for our fallen brother..
Reply 23
nothing, dont slate me.

Original post by Student403
Oh.

Right.

Totally didn't forget about that :redface:

cruel haha
Reply 24
We've got nothing planned ;3 - but I've gotten my mother banana shampoo and conditioner, philosophy raspberry sorbet 3 in 1 shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo, jelly beans, exfoliating facial mask, a toner
Original post by mkap
nothing, dont slate me.

cruel haha

:dontknow: she didn't care lol.. She literally said "chill it's just another day of the year" :rofl:
Original post by Student403
A moment of silence for our fallen brother..

Thank you brother :u:
I was thinking about what to buy her and then her DVD player in her room conked out, so I bought her a Blu Ray player (perfect timing!), some fancy chocolate and a bunch of flowers :biggrin:
My mum is too far away to visit her today but i went on red letter days and bought her a tour of a vineyard with a wine tasting at a local vineyard near her house. I did this on wednesday and it got delivered nicely giftwrapped on friday. She seems super happy with it.

I went with an experience instead of "clutter" since they're currently cleaning up the house to try and sell it.
Original post by fatima1998
gifts are just a showoff, how long they will last for; a month or 2 but not for the lifetime :mute:

WRONG - thr Blu Ray player I got my mum comes with a lifetime warranty :tongue:
Reply 30
Original post by WoodyMKC
I was thinking about what to buy her and then her DVD player in her room conked out, so I bought her a Blu Ray player (perfect timing!), some fancy chocolate and a bunch of flowers :biggrin:

Ooooooh somebody has gone on an all out spending spree
I drew my mum a pelican with pen and ink.
I never know what to get her because she's so picky, so I ask her what she wants or needs.

Luckily, she was about to run out of her everyday moisturiser (Clinique dramatically different moisture cream) and her eye cream (lush enchanted eye). There was also this pretty sick deal, so I got one moisturiser for me too and got a kawaii make up bag and sample set by Clinique for free!!!!!!!!!!
WRONG - thr Blu Ray player I got my mum comes with a lifetime warranty :tongue:

ha ha ha :u:
okay :biggrin:
are you giving her that?
Ooooooh somebody has gone on an all out spending spree

My mum knows it's my way of showing her I appreciate her really. I'm not the sort of person who is able to express my feelings and emotions to people verbally without feeling extremely uncomfortable :lol: so I have to find other ways.
Reply 35
My mum knows it's my way of showing her I appreciate her really. I'm not the sort of person who is able to express my feelings and emotions to people verbally without feeling extremely uncomfortable :lol: so I have to find other ways.

Why? Aww but actions speak louder than words anyway,I'm sure she's definitely appreciated the gifts
Original post by fatima1998
ha ha ha :u:
okay :biggrin:
are you giving her that?

Already have, she's using it now :biggrin:
Already have, she's using it now :biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why? Aww but actions speak louder than words anyway,I'm sure she's definitely appreciated the gifts

It's been passed down, all the women in the family are outwardly emotional whereas the guys have difficulties talking about their feelings where it just feels weird :lol: I like to show a girl I love them with kisses and cuddles in bed and little gestures here and there, not really the sort of thing I can do with mumzy :rofl:
Flowers!

Quick Reply

Latest