The Student Room Group

A Levels

I've always thought I would do buology chemistry maths and German for a levels but German was always not as important you know because I didn't realise how much work I would have to put in but I really love it. I'm thinking I want to do a chemistry degree with German/study abroad but do I need biology? I really don't want to do it but have always felt like I needed to? Also all my friends say that you compete with so many people that a lot of them do biology too so? Send help plz
Original post by elisha_gr
I've always thought I would do buology chemistry maths and German for a levels but German was always not as important you know because I didn't realise how much work I would have to put in but I really love it. I'm thinking I want to do a chemistry degree with German/study abroad but do I need biology? I really don't want to do it but have always felt like I needed to? Also all my friends say that you compete with so many people that a lot of them do biology too so? Send help plz

From a quick look on ucas, it appears that having chemistry and one other science should give you plenty of options so by having maths unless you wanted to do biochemistry you should be fine.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
From a quick look on ucas, it appears that having chemistry and one other science should give you plenty of options so by having maths unless you wanted to do biochemistry you should be fine.

Thanks for this! What other a level would be helpful though? I want a nice and not as hard one but I don't want to just pick a rubbish a level
Original post by elisha_gr
Thanks for this! What other a level would be helpful though? I want a nice and not as hard one but I don't want to just pick a rubbish a level

Pick something you can get a good grade in for a 4th subject :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest