The Student Room Group

my plan 2 student loan is due to enter repayment

I got a letter from student finance saying "my plan 2 student loan is due to enter repayment".

I am currently doing a PGDE (and am being funded by student finance)

What is this and why have I got a letter? Student finance know I am doing a PGDE as they are funding me.

What do I have to send and where am I sending it to?

Thanks
That is an automated letter. You don't need to do anything.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
That is an automated letter. You don't need to do anything.

It says i need to give details or i will be fined and i will be charged higher interest.
Original post by S27
It says i need to give details or i will be fined and i will be charged higher interest.

Does it explain any further what details you have to give? If this was me, I would send them a copy of my student finance award letter and take it from there.

On that letter, there should be a helpline number too. They should be able to advise you.
Reply 4
Does it explain any further what details you have to give? If this was me, I would send them a copy of my student finance award letter and take it from there.

On that letter, there should be a helpline number too. They should be able to advise you.

They want letters confirming my attendence or funding letter. Im just wondering why they want it as with a PGCE they know what im doing as they are funing me!
Reply 5

I also need to know where to send it too.
Original post by S27
They want letters confirming my attendence or funding letter. Im just wondering why they want it as with a PGCE they know what im doing as they are funing me!

It might be the same organisation, but I bet you there is one team dealing with repayments and one dealing with approving loan requests who don't talk to each other.
Reply 7
Original post by S27
I got a letter from student finance saying "my plan 2 student loan is due to enter repayment".

I am currently doing a PGDE (and am being funded by student finance)

What is this and why have I got a letter? Student finance know I am doing a PGDE as they are funding me.

What do I have to send and where am I sending it to?

Thanks

It's just a standard letter which lets you know that the repayment terms have now commenced. However, that just means that you start making repayments from wages once you earn over the threshold.

Once you've supplied the info that you're living on a further student loan, you won't hear any more about it. The letter sounds aggressive, but it's just trying to weed out those who should start repaying and have maybe "forgotten" to tell their Payroll Department. That's clearly not you, so don't panic.
Reply 8
Reply 9

If the address isn't on the forms, then I suggest phoning them to ask (number available via the Contact option at the bottom of each page on their website). Seems daft of them to design a process with such a vital bit of info missing, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least!
Reply 10
Original post by Klix88
If the address isn't on the forms, then I suggest phoning them to ask (number available via the Contact option at the bottom of each page on their website). Seems daft of them to design a process with such a vital bit of info missing, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least!

Thanks, this is so fustrating! Letter says if they don't get it by april 6th i will be fined! I can't see an adress to send to on the letter so i will have to phone and do it tommorow now.
And there was no stamped envelope in that letter for you to send your evidence / letter to?
Reply 12
And there was no stamped envelope in that letter for you to send your evidence / letter to?

no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending