The Student Room Group

~Gingerbread's road to Law~

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gingerbread101
Update 01/03/2016

Hello March!
This week is going to be very busy for me because every night I'm going to be at the school performance! So I won't really be able to update too much (or do much work!).
Decorating notes
IMG_20160301_214510.jpg

I was trying some new notemaking strategies tonight! These are inspired by a lot of posts that I've seen on Tumblr, and I really like the way the little curved stems and leaves make things stand out.

I find that having a colour scheme to notes always helps too!

Rather than highlighting notes, I like to outline the letters (like what I've done in the headings) because it makes things easier to read as well as standing out.

I'm also really into writing on squared paper at the moment - it looks so nice!

Does anyone else get carried away decorating their notes?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Your writing is ridiculously neat :redface: Good luck with your school performance!
Reply 61
Update 01/03/2016

Hello March!
This week is going to be very busy for me because every night I'm going to be at the school performance! So I won't really be able to update too much (or do much work!).
Decorating notes
IMG_20160301_214510.jpg

I was trying some new notemaking strategies tonight! These are inspired by a lot of posts that I've seen on Tumblr, and I really like the way the little curved stems and leaves make things stand out.

I find that having a colour scheme to notes always helps too!

Rather than highlighting notes, I like to outline the letters (like what I've done in the headings) because it makes things easier to read as well as standing out.

I'm also really into writing on squared paper at the moment - it looks so nice!

Does anyone else get carried away decorating their notes?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

And that's why i don't note :tongue:
Good stuff! Carry on! You got this, girl! :smile:
Original post by Student403
Goals...:moon:

PRSOM :h:
Aw thanks, I just wish I could do more of it :smile:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Your writing is ridiculously neat :redface: Good luck with your school performance!

It has taken a lot of practice and writing to get to this point :lol:
Thanks, I'm doing all of the sound and microphone tech stuff :awesome:
Original post by Andy98
And that's why i don't note :tongue:

:colondollar:
Original post by BrokenLife
Good stuff! Carry on! You got this, girl! :smile:

Thanks, I hope my motivation will keep going :biggrin:
Update 06/03/2016

The school performances are finally finished! I really enjoyed it and I picked up some pretty awesome new skills very quickly, but I'm now behind where I want to be on coursework and revision - the next few weeks I'll be catching up! I'll be updating more regularly now again that I'm getting home before 11pm every day!

Task management
IMG_20160306_114320.jpg

Whenever I get homework, I log it into the planner the school provided for us and always make sure I know when things are due in.

I then transfer all of my homework, plus any other tasks onto a checklist.

From the big checklist, I can then make mini checklists in my bullet journal of what I want to achieve every day.

The notation I used in my bullet journal is a box for tasks (coloured in when done, or with an arrow in if moved to another day), and a line bullet for events.

I can also keep track of how many hours of work I'm doing and how much water I'm drinking!

How do you manage your time?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)
X
Christ.. So there's you with your neat af diary with notes for every day

And then there's me and my ****ty homework board.. No due dates or anything :rofl:

(edited 8 years ago)

And then there's me and my ****ty homework board.. No due dates or anything :rofl:

:lol:
I love the timescale on that - 'pronto' :tongue:
Update 06/03/2016

The school performances are finally finished! I really enjoyed it and I picked up some pretty awesome new skills very quickly, but I'm now behind where I want to be on coursework and revision - the next few weeks I'll be catching up! I'll be updating more regularly now again that I'm getting home before 11pm every day!

Task management
IMG_20160306_114320.jpg

Whenever I get homework, I log it into the planner the school provided for us and always make sure I know when things are due in.

From the big checklist, I can then make mini checklists in my bullet journal of what I want to achieve every day.

The notation I used in my bullet journal is a box for tasks (coloured in when done, or with an arrow in if moved to another day), and a line bullet for events.

I can also keep track of how many hours of work I'm doing and how much water I'm drinking!

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Your posts inspire me so so much! The stupid thing is, I love to organise things but then I don't do them or don't follow it. I think I should start using colour and make my notes more interesting. I think that might help but it just takes so much effort...

You are doing better than me, I don't even write my homework down...
(edited 8 years ago)
:lol:
I love the timescale on that - 'pronto' :tongue:

Thank you :3
Original post by BryonyG98
Your posts inspire me so so much! The stupid thing is, I love to organise things but then I don't do them or don't follow it. I think I should start using colour and make my notes more interesting. I think that might help but it just takes so much effort...

My life story through KS3
Thank you :3
My life story through KS3

If only I had learnt from my mistakes for my A2 year xD
If only I had learnt from my mistakes for my A2 year xD

Well now you've learnt for uni :yep:
Reply 71
Update 06/03/2016

Task management
IMG_20160306_114320.jpg

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

Yeah, I don't do well at that at all

Better than me

If you start with a really simple colour system (like all definitions are highlighted in yellow) then it makes it easier to then expand when you're used to having a bit more structure to your notes :awesome:

Original post by Andy98
Yeah, I don't do well at that at all

Better than me

How do you remember what homework you have if you don't write it down? :holmes:
If you start with a really simple colour system (like all definitions are highlighted in yellow) then it makes it easier to then expand when you're used to having a bit more structure to your notes :awesome:

I tend to leave any homework I get at the front of my folder (almost all on sheets) if it isn't on a sheet I put a post it on the page it is on.
I tend to leave any homework I get at the front of my folder (almost all on sheets) if it isn't on a sheet I put a post it on the page it is on.

Ah that's a good alternative :yes: I love post it notes :mmm:
Reply 75

Usually someone seems a message to double check what it was and I just go "******************" and remember it

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Andy98
Usually someone seems a message to double check what it was and I just go "******************" and remember it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like a good method :lol:
Reply 77
Sounds like a good method :lol:

Oooh swear filter expanded

Posted from TSR Mobile
Update 09/03/2016

I'm getting back into the swing of coursework and revision now. Tomorrow I have a knowledge test in History, and an exam essay to write the day after, which I'm revising for - I'll let you know how they go. I've also started relearning AS Russian History for my resit. I wanted to start a few weeks ago but never got around to it, hopefully I can catch up in time. I'm going to be doing an extra recap lesson in one of my frees every week for it too.
Flash cards

(Not a clue why the photo is upside down, I had to upload via tinypic haha)

Flash cards are one of my favourite methods of revision, and I've been making flashcards for History throughout the year as we go along the course. It helps me to learn as we go along, plus I'll have all of the resources to test myself with when it comes to serious revision in the next few days.

On some of my flash cards I do simple event and definition, however on some I use them to plan essays, so I'll write a time period on one side and all of the facts from that period on the other. I also colour code them with the same colour coding system as the rest of my folder (which in history is social=red/pink, political=blue, economic=green).

Do you use flash cards?

~Gingerbread~

Quotes

(edited 8 years ago)
X

Not physical flash cards, but I love to use Quizlet for my revision :smile: It's a lovely little app and you can even play games on it like matching :yep:

Looking forward to your lovely photo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending