The Student Room Group

Why does mothers day get more attention than fathers day?

Scroll to see replies

cos we love our mum more
I think its because women tend to go through more than men when raising kids (esp during pregnancy). Although I think the idea of both days is stupid. Mothers and fathers day every day of the year
Original post by SAhm95
cos we love our mum more

Fair point for you - can't say I agree :smile:
Original post by Mayhem™
roasted

Is that you in the pic? If so, you're so cute :tongue:
Original post by Chopshticks
I think its because women tend to go through more than men when raising kids (esp during pregnancy). Although I think the idea of both days is stupid. Mothers and fathers day every day of the year

Well put - if we appreciate them, I don't see why it should be on one day, show it all the time
Because our Dad's didn't give birth to us, our Mum's did

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cherryred90s
Is that you in the pic? If so, you're so cute :tongue:

yeah it is :sexface: :lol:
Because women are emotional.
You have to make an effort with thrm or else you will never hear the end of it.
Men were more chilled
Original post by brainzistheword
I don't understand why at all!

Because everyone has a mother but many children born in the last few decades or so dont have a father either because he is a dumpster dad or his mother is some slapper who doesnt know who fertilised her.
Reply 29
Original post by Limpopo
Because everyone has a mother but many children born in the last few decades or so dont have a father either because he is a dumpster dad or his mother is some slapper who doesnt know who fertilised her.

Not necessarily true. Yes, I have a biological mother, but that's it. She doesn't give two shits about me and I don't give a damn about her. She means nothing to me. It was my daddy who raised me, my sister and my brother.
I'm surprised nobody has said "because feminism", yet. Come on TSR, thought we could rely on you for illogical misogyny...
in my opinion, parents should be treated right all the time (im an only child btw so I kinda have to deal with them lol). as a bonus, heres a random song from before I was born

[video="youtube;7_rBidCkJxo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_rBidCkJxo[/video]
Original post by Anonymous
No clue, they both get the same amount of hate from me :borat:

Lolll
Original post by muslimstanisyed
Because women are emotional.
You have to make an effort with thrm or else you will never hear the end of it.
Men were more chilled

That's not true.
Original post by Airmed
Not necessarily true. Yes, I have a biological mother, but that's it. She doesn't give two shits about me and I don't give a damn about her. She means nothing to me. It was my daddy who raised me, my sister and my brother.

That's exactly how I feel, my mum has done nothing for me - yet everyone acts as though I owe something to her!
Reply 35
That's exactly how I feel, my mum has done nothing for me - yet everyone acts as though I owe something to her!

Thankfully anyone who knows me knows that I definitely don't own a thing to my mother.
Original post by Airmed
Thankfully anyone who knows me knows that I definitely don't own a thing to my mother.

None of my friends can understand why I hate her, but I certainly have my reasons.
Reply 37
None of my friends can understand why I hate her, but I certainly have my reasons.

Ignore your friends then. If you have reasons then so be it. No one can tell you whether or not you must worship your mum. :h:
Original post by Airmed
Ignore your friends then. If you have reasons then so be it. No one can tell you whether or not you must worship your mum. :h:

Wow thank you - your advice is so great! Thanks for posting on this thread and I completely understand what you mean :biggrin:
Original post by Anonymous
Wow thank you - your advice is so great! Thanks for posting on this thread and I completely understand what you mean :biggrin:

Original post by Airmed

Sorry that wasn't supposed to be anonymous :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending