The Student Room Group

S1 for A2?

Hi guys,
I'm doing Mathematics Edexcel this year, and I already did C12 and got its results. I'm doing M1 for AS.
For A2, i will be doing C34 next session and I was wondering if I can cash in S1 with that and make the package (C34 and S1) my A2.
I know you can say that most UK universities will not accept that, but I'm hoping to go to a university in Cairo. Will there be a cash-in option for C34 and S1.
Thanks in advance :smile:
Well the C1 2 3 4 are all compulsory. It doesnt matter what goes along with it it will still make your full a level. Why wouldnt most unis accept it. I will be doing D1 for A2 . Btw S1 is fun :smile:
Reply 2
Why wouldn't they accept it? My maths A level was c1-4, m1 s1.
Original post by nadaezraturner
Hi guys,
I'm doing Mathematics Edexcel this year, and I already did C12 and got its results. I'm doing M1 for AS.
For A2, i will be doing C34 next session and I was wondering if I can cash in S1 with that and make the package (C34 and S1) my A2.
I know you can say that most UK universities will not accept that, but I'm hoping to go to a university in Cairo. Will there be a cash-in option for C34 and S1.

As stated above
It's a perfectly normal combination that all universities would accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
As stated above
It's a perfectly normal combination that all universities would accept.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My bad then. One of my friends said that you can not take a Level1 unit like S1 as an A2 unit. I thought it was a British university thing. Great then!
Thanks guys
Original post by TVIO
Why wouldn't they accept it? My maths A level was c1-4, m1 s1.

That's what I'm planning to do too. I got a UMS 192/200 in C12. I hear C34 is a killer. I was going to do M2 for my A2 like all my sister and friends have but S1 is easier UMS and studying wise.
Original post by looktoyourright
Well the C1 2 3 4 are all compulsory. It doesnt matter what goes along with it it will still make your full a level. Why wouldnt most unis accept it. I will be doing D1 for A2 . Btw S1 is fun :smile:

Good luck! What's D1 though?(never heard of it before oops) :K:
S1? Fun? Naah. I'm actually solving its homework right now, it's a little boring and I'm a very lazy person so you can imagine :tongue:
(My friend told me about this this British unis acceptance thing. Something about how S1 is a level 1 unit and won't go with A2, but I guess she's wrong!)
Good luck! What's D1 though?(never heard of it before oops) :K:
S1? Fun? Naah. I'm actually solving its homework right now, it's a little boring and I'm a very lazy person so you can imagine :tongue:
(My friend told me about this this British unis acceptance thing. Something about how S1 is a level 1 unit and won't go with A2, but I guess she's wrong!)

It's decision maths. No it doesnt matter which ones you do. So you have to do C1 and C2 and C3 and C4. HAVE TO . The rest is the teachers choice. Honestly with S1 its just past papers ... ll the questions are the same on the paper. What exam board you doing ?
It's decision maths. No it doesnt matter which ones you do. So you have to do C1 and C2 and C3 and C4. HAVE TO . The rest is the teachers choice. Honestly with S1 its just past papers ... ll the questions are the same on the paper. What exam board you doing ?

Decision.. nice!!
Edexcel, You?
Decision.. nice!!
Edexcel, You?

I do OCR MEI , why you going to a foreign uni ?
I do OCR MEI , why you going to a foreign uni ?

OCR and AQA are not available where I am I guess, or I suppose they are but most people and schools do not do them. Cambridge and Edexcel are popular here.
Because I'm Egyptian and I don't live in the UK.
OCR and AQA are not available where I am I guess, or I suppose they are but most people and schools do not do them. Cambridge and Edexcel are popular here.
Because I'm Egyptian and I don't live in the UK.

You doing A-levels in egypt ? As in the english version of A-levels
(edited 8 years ago)
You doing A-levels in egypt ? As in the english version of A-levels

Oh yes! We have a British Council here that is responsible for these exams, they get sent to us from UK and get marked there too. We also have lots of British schools here too. Our exams are the exact version of what you're doing in UK! Same syllabus and specifications. Probably different variants of exams though
Hi guys,

Yes, you can definitely do that.
Oh yes! We have a British Council here that is responsible for these exams, they get sent to us from UK and get marked there too. We also have lots of British schools here too. Our exams are the exact version of what you're doing in UK! Same syllabus and specifications. Probably different variants of exams though

He he. Didn't know. The more you know

Quick Reply

Latest