The Student Room Group

Early Diversity Civil Service Fast Stream 2015/16 EDIP

Hi,

Is there anyone who are also accepted to the programme? Looking forward to it, so exciteddddd, but don't know what to expect :smile:

Cleo

Scroll to see replies

Hey!

I got accepted too! super excited!!

What uni and course are u at/doing?
Nathan :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by NathanEcon15
Hey!

I got accepted too! super excited!!

What uni and course are u at/doing?

Raam :smile:

Will PM you
Hey I also got accepted :smile:

But have got other work experience lined up for the same week so idk what to dooo :frown:
Original post by lisa96

But have got other work experience lined up for the same week so idk what to dooo :frown:

Hey Lisa!

I would recommend the EDIP since its harder to get into and gives u great connections! What uni are u at? :smile:
Hey Lisa!

I would recommend the EDIP since its harder to get into and gives u great connections! What uni are u at? :smile:

Yeah the process for this was so incredibly long compared to other schemes I've applied for 😂

I'm at Bristol University. What about you? x
Original post by lisa96
Yeah the process for this was so incredibly long compared to other schemes I've applied for 😂

I'm at Bristol University. What about you? x

I'm at Warwick. Have u got any emails yet? X
I'm at Warwick. Have u got any emails yet? X

Oooh nice - guessing your studying econ there? 😉 trying to decide between Warwick and Bristol was a really tough decision for me.

Nope! I randomly checked my account and seen that I'd been successful. Hopefully should get more details soon since I think we have to select our preferences for departments. Really hope they pay for accommodation as well as I don't fancy commuting from Newcastle every day 😩
Reply 8
Original post by lisa96
Oooh nice - guessing your studying econ there? 😉 trying to decide between Warwick and Bristol was a really tough decision for me.

Nope! I randomly checked my account and seen that I'd been successful. Hopefully should get more details soon since I think we have to select our preferences for departments. Really hope they pay for accommodation as well as I don't fancy commuting from Newcastle every day 😩

Haha same here, but I was quite anxious about the result though, I checked the account everyday, I heard that they cover your cost for accommodation/transport (not sure at all).
Original post by OwlIsDaName
Haha same here, but I was quite anxious about the result though, I checked the account everyday, I heard that they cover your cost for accommodation/transport (not sure at all).

I felt like my telephone interview had gone quite well but then started getting worried as they took forever to respond

Fingers crossed they get in touch soon so that we can book accommodation and train tickets as far in advance as possible.

Are you travelling far for this programme? 🙂
Reply 10
Original post by lisa96
I felt like my telephone interview had gone quite well but then started getting worried as they took forever to respond

Fingers crossed they get in touch soon so that we can book accommodation and train tickets as far in advance as possible.

Are you travelling far for this programme? 🙂

Studies in Cardiff, so yea, Don't want to make a 4 hours return journey everyday lol
Original post by lisa96

Yep PPE 😉 Wbu? They're both great unis!

Yeah same here! I look forward to that :smile: ouch! I'm based in London but I don't get subsidised travel here so I hope they do reimburse!
Yep PPE 😉 Wbu? They're both great unis!

Yeah same here! I look forward to that :smile: ouch! I'm based in London but I don't get subsidised travel here so I hope they do reimburse!

I'm doing law 😭😭😭😭

I'm pretty sure they'll reimburse travel but guess we'll have to wait until they send out emails. Are you doing any other internships?
Original post by lisa96
I'm doing law 😭😭😭😭

I'm pretty sure they'll reimburse travel but guess we'll have to wait until they send out emails. Are you doing any other internships?

Nope just this one! Ahh law is a wicked course :smile: well drop me a PM when you get your email!
Nope just this one! Ahh law is a wicked course :smile: well drop me a PM when you get your email!

Ooh did you guys get an email from them? I have no idea what to choose
Reply 15
Original post by lisa96
Ooh did you guys get an email from them? I have no idea what to choose

Yea, just got it, I am choosing something that is related to my university course, what are you choosing?
Original post by OwlIsDaName
Yea, just got it, I am choosing something that is related to my university course, what are you choosing?

I've went for the Economics/finance/public services options :smile:
Is there anyone who has been put on 'Reserve'?? No idea what to expect...
Original post by llamab
Is there anyone who has been put on 'Reserve'?? No idea what to expect...

Didn't realise they had a reserve list - did you have a telephone interview with them?
Original post by lisa96

I have another programme that clashes with EDIP - I told them that I am not available for some of the days and so I am going to be at EDIP for three days and at my other scheme for two days!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending