The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Hi,
UCAS applications will be opening soon and it's about the time we will be finishing (or starting in my case) our personal statements and applying for physiotherapy courses.
Therefore I thought it would be nice to have a thread for people applying to start Physiotherapy in September 2016. Post away!

Cheers,
David

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,
Im applying for physiotherapy for September 2016 too!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi all, I am also off to study physiotherapy this year. I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Teeside, Bristol, and Liverpool and got 4 interviews and 3 offers. If anyone wants any advice on any of these unis or the application process feel free to ask.
Reply 3
Original post by MBX1
Hi,
Im applying for physiotherapy for September 2016 too!!

Where are you thinking of applying?
Reply 4
Original post by Trouble234
Hi all, I am also off to study physiotherapy this year. I applied to Bournemouth, Brighton, Teeside, Bristol, and Liverpool and got 4 interviews and 3 offers. If anyone wants any advice on any of these unis or the application process feel free to ask.

Where are you studying this year? Who gave you offers, I'm thinking of applying to Liverpool.
Hi, I've been given an unconditional offer for physiotherapy at Sheffield Hallam starting in 2016.
If anyone else has offers or is thinking of going please let me know!
Reply 6
Original post by emily_clowes
Hi, I've been given an unconditional offer for physiotherapy at Sheffield Hallam starting in 2016.

Fantastic and well done on the unconditional. I was impressed on my open day and I am thinking of applying. So definitely thinking about going?
Original post by dwgwilliams
Fantastic and well done on the unconditional. I was impressed on my open day and I am thinking of applying. So definitely thinking about going?

Thank you! I really like the areas it has placements in too, if you want any info on the applications or interviews let me know:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by dwgwilliams
Where are you thinking of applying?

My list of unis keeps changing to be honest but at the moment i have MMU, UEL, huddersfield, leeds beckett( maybe), nottingham ( maybe).
Hi what was the university interview process like? Did you have group or individual style interviews?

(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys. I'm looking to apply for physio at Notts, Southampton, Birmingham, Hertforshire and UWE :smile:

Hi. Did you get an interview from Bristol? If so, what was it like? I've talked to a few people and they had mixed feelings about their approach :/
Hi guys,

I applied to Nottingham, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester and Keele last year and got 5 interviews - I got 4 offers (all apart from Northumbria). I now have an unconditional offer to study at Nottingham for Sept 2016.

If anyone wants any advice for interviews etc then feel free to ask - I wish I had help before my interviews, haha!!
Original post by nadandfad
Hi guys,

I applied to Nottingham, Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Worcester and Keele last year and got 5 interviews - I got 4 offers (all apart from Northumbria). I now have an unconditional offer to study at Nottingham for Sept 2016.

If anyone wants any advice for interviews etc then feel free to ask - I wish I had help before my interviews, haha!!

Congrats on getting into Nottingham! It's my top uni :smile: Any advice on the interview would be really helpful please. What was it like for you?
Original post by pereh009
Congrats on getting into Nottingham! It's my top uni :smile: Any advice on the interview would be really helpful please. What was it like for you?

I really enjoyed the interview. You're given a written task to do before two separate interviews with staff. I can't explicitly say what they asked me (you have to sign a form saying you won't disclose interview questions/tasks etc) - but the interview is routine, so think about experiences in life which sparked your interest for physio, and why you really want to go there!!
I am!!
Want to apply to MMU, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Birmingham!
Personal statement is done and predicted grades are sorted - has anyone officially sent off the application yet? I need to but trying to convince my teachers to predict me A*AA:biggrin: instead of AAA
Original post by emily_clowes

Its my first choice!! :smile:
How did you get an unconditional? Well Done! I'm hoping on getting one because of my predicted grades but my personal statement is awful imo :smile:
Original post by nadandfad
I really enjoyed the interview. You're given a written task to do before two separate interviews with staff. I can't explicitly say what they asked me (you have to sign a form saying you won't disclose interview questions/tasks etc) - but the interview is routine, so think about experiences in life which sparked your interest for physio, and why you really want to go there!!

Ok, yeah of course, I can understand that. Were the interviews very long?

What was it about Nottingham that you really loved? I went to the open day and everything but I feel a bit biased about it being my favourite uni because my sister studies medicine there too so I've seen a lot more of it in comparison to other unis
Original post by Jasminem97
I am!!
Want to apply to MMU, Sheffield Hallam, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Birmingham!
Personal statement is done and predicted grades are sorted - has anyone officially sent off the application yet? I need to but trying to convince my teachers to predict me A*AA:biggrin: instead of AAA

I'm sending mine in about two weeks time!! UCAS is stressing me out a little
(Congrats on your predicted grades btw :smile: )
And did you go to Birmingham's open day? I couldn't make it, what was it like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending