The Student Room Group

Lancaster University-Pre-Medical Studies (A900) 2016 Applicants

Hello!! I applied to this course for the 2016/2017

Did anyone applied or know someone who did or studied this course?

Did you received an invitation for the interview?

Good luck to you all!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by CDmingos
Hello!! I applied to this course for the 2016/2017

Did anyone applied or know someone who did or studied this course?

Did you received an invitation for the interview?

Good luck to you all!!

Hiii
I received an interview 2 days ago. interviews on 1st of March so they only gave me a week's notice!!
Did you get an interview???
Reply 2
Hello!! Congratulations!! When did you applied? Really?? Itought the interviews were in the middle of March Are you an international student? What subjects are youstudying and what are your predicted grades? I have not received any invitation from them!! Wish me luck Good luck
Reply 3
Original post by anika98
Hiii
I received an interview 2 days ago. interviews on 1st of March so they only gave me a week's notice!!
Did you get an interview???

Hello!! Congratulations!! When did you applied? Really?? Itought the interviews were in the middle of March Are you an international student? What subjects are youstudying and what are your predicted grades? I have not received any invitation from them!! Wish me luck Good luck
Reply 4
Hello!! Congratulations!! When did you applied? Really?? I thought the interviews were in the middle of March Are you an international student? What subjects are you studying and what are your predicted grades? I have not received any invitation from them!! Wish me luck Good luck

I applied in october 2015
No im not an international student
I think 1st of march is the last batch of interviews because they said they can't change the dates but not sure
maybe you should call up and ask about your application
Im studying maths chemistry physics as A levels and an AS further maths, I also have AS textiles from last year which is probably irrelevant
Im predicted A*AB The uni requires at least AAB
I got BBBD last year in AS
what are you studying at the moment??
Good luck btw i hope you do get an interview it'll be super cool
Reply 5
I applied only in the beggining of January so maybe they'remaking decisions for people that applied earlierThey sent me an email this week because they needed moreinformation of my grades and predicted grades because they had to check theequivalent grade since I am an inernational student Do you know anyone who applied to this course? To which other unis did you applied and to which courses? Doyou hold any offers? It would be great!! I will let you know when they make adecision!! Fingers crossed
Reply 6
I applied only in the beggining of January so maybe they'remaking decisions for people that applied earlierThey sent me an email this week because they needed moreinformation of my grades and predicted grades because they had to check theequivalent grade since I am an inernational student Do you know anyone who applied to this course? To which other unis did you applied and to which courses? Doyou hold any offers? It would be great!! I will let you know when they make adecision!! Fingers crossed

hmmm im sure theyll get back to you by this week or at least some time soon
rarely anyone applies i think they get 150 applicants and only 15 get accepted
i applied for foundation course at East Anglia, Nottingham and Kings and the normal 5 year course at Keele
I got rejected from all unfortunately so this is my only way into medicine
Reply 7
Original post by anika98
hmmm im sure theyll get back to you by this week or at least some time soon
rarely anyone applies i think they get 150 applicants and only 15 get accepted
i applied for foundation course at East Anglia, Nottingham and Kings and the normal 5 year course at Keele
I got rejected from all unfortunately so this is my only way into medicine

I kow it's a very competitive courseI hope they do I am sorry to hear that. What were the entry requirements for those courses?
Do you have any backup plan if you don't get accepted? Good luck with the interview. I am sure you'll do great. Letme know how was it after.
Reply 8
I kow it's a very competitive courseI hope they do I am sorry to hear that. What were the entry requirements for those courses?
Do you have any backup plan if you don't get accepted? Good luck with the interview. I am sure you'll do great. Letme know how was it after.

I fitted in with the entry requirements but some universities require that the college you go to has to be under performing and my college isnt under performing so i got rejected. The entry requirements were AAB or below
Yes i'll take a gap year and think about whether i want to do medicine for defo and try again and then i might pick up Biology as an A level and apply again in London maybe. Havent thought about it properly yet
Thanks ill let you know about it after
Reply 9
Original post by anika98
I fitted in with the entry requirements but some universities require that the college you go to has to be under performing and my college isnt under performing so i got rejected. The entry requirements were AAB or below
Yes i'll take a gap year and think about whether i want to do medicine for defo and try again and then i might pick up Biology as an A level and apply again in London maybe. Havent thought about it properly yet
Thanks ill let you know about it after

This is my only way ofgetting into medicine too because this is the only pre-med course I applied toand that accepted students that don't science subjects. Have you though ofgoing to biomedical sciences and them go to med grad course? I am thinkingabout that our chossing other course in UCAS Extra Are you from Lancaster?Yes!! Keep me posted!!
Reply 10
This is my only way ofgetting into medicine too because this is the only pre-med course I applied toand that accepted students that don't science subjects. Have you though ofgoing to biomedical sciences and them go to med grad course? I am thinkingabout that our chossing other course in UCAS Extra Are you from Lancaster?Yes!! Keep me posted!!

Biomedical sciences would be an extra 3 years which is too long and unnecessary for me as i only need some knowledge on biology so this course is perfect for me.
II dont know what other course i would pick in UCAS extra so i'm not sure about it
No im from london so its a long way away
Are you from lancaster?
Reply 11
I too had the interview on the 1st March, and my god the one weeks wait for decisions is painful!
Reply 12
Original post by Ash1997
I too had the interview on the 1st March, and my god the one weeks wait for decisions is painful!

Oh really?? omg which one of the 4 other kids were you?? I know i'm hating the wait...how was your interview???
Reply 13
Original post by anika98
Oh really?? omg which one of the 4 other kids were you?? I know i'm hating the wait...how was your interview???

I was the "kid" that came alone without a parent (I came from Denmark) :biggrin: My interview went decent enough, though I did screw up the most basic question of why I wanted to study medicine :P My mind just went blank :/

But then the flow started and it went pretty well I felt, since I'm taking a year off, I have a lot of work experience which they seemed to like a lot.

Which kid were you then? :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Ash1997
I was the "kid" that came alone without a parent (I came from Denmark) :biggrin: My interview went decent enough, though I did screw up the most basic question of why I wanted to study medicine :P My mind just went blank :/

But then the flow started and it went pretty well I felt, since I'm taking a year off, I have a lot of work experience which they seemed to like a lot.

Which kid were you then? :biggrin:

LOL sorry didn't mean to call you a kid :colondollar:
Your an international student then im guessing??? I knew it, the international students had a long interview
My one seemed sooo short and it was too relaxed, They asked me 6 questions and that's it
the women forgot her questions and instead they asked if i had any questions and that was it. What did they ask you?? They asked why medicine, about my work experience and voluntary work, and questions on my overall reaction to situations. it went quite well can't really work out anything im just waiting....

i'm the one who came with my mum, i was sat behind you on the sofas :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by anika98
LOL sorry didn't mean to call you a kid :colondollar:
Your an international student then im guessing??? I knew it, the international students had a long interview
My one seemed sooo short and it was too relaxed, They asked me 6 questions and that's it
the women forgot her questions and instead they asked if i had any questions and that was it. What did they ask you?? They asked why medicine, about my work experience and voluntary work, and questions on my overall reaction to situations. it went quite well can't really work out anything im just waiting....

i'm the one who came with my mum, i was sat behind you on the sofas :tongue:

Yeah that makes me an international student.
Mine was relaxed as well, and shorter than I expected. They too asked if I had any questions, about work experience, and reactions to situations. So the same.

Just have to wait it out!
Reply 16
Original post by Ash1997
Yeah that makes me an international student.
Mine was relaxed as well, and shorter than I expected. They too asked if I had any questions, about work experience, and reactions to situations. So the same.

Just have to wait it out!

Yeh just have to wait till around tuesday
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by doctor.M
Hi I know this sounds stupid and I really want to apply, but according to Lancaster's fact sheet on their website, you need to have 15 points for your first 9 GCSEs. A* or A= 2 points, and B= 1 point. I have a total of 14 points. is there no chance that i will get accepted? i really desperately wanted to get onto this course, and i meet all of the other requirements.

call them and ask best way to get your answers
Reply 18
Hi, Anika. nice to get a response. Can i ask if you were accepted by lancaster?

no i didnt, ichanged my mind about medicine didnt want to do it after, are u interested in dking medicine?
Reply 19
My biggest problem is that I retook my as-year, so i am basically spending 3 years at college and (medical) unis hate that.

okay im going to be straight up with you but unis dont accept retakes for med or so i have heard BUT there is brighton university who do accept retakes but onky if you have the grades, also retaking as isnt that major but idont know ask the unis you want to go to, also there are many other ways to get into med for example st georges has a scheme where you stduy biomedicine for 2 years and then if you get a first in the two years then u get to sit an interview for there medicak course i already know someone who got in through this way, also there are access courses where the medicine course has a foundation year so 6 years in total and the entry requirements are much lower so theres another way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending