The Student Room Group

Keeping Up With My IGCSEs

Hi everyone,

I saw people doing this and it seemed like a good idea.
Seeing that I just can't keep myself to a revision timetable, I thought I would write down my aims for every day.

I'm aiming for all A*s, although for English language an A is all right too :smile:

My mock grades were:
French (Edexcel): A*
Spanish (Edexcel): A*
English Lit (Edexcel): A*/A
English Lang (Edexcel): A/B
Chemistry (CIE): A
Biology (CIE): A*
Physics (CIE): A
History (CIE): A*

I was really happy with them, but I do want to push myself more for the actual exams.

I already have A*s in German (99%) and Maths (90%), taken last June and this January respectively.
Changing schools and thus exam boards for every subject is quite a challenge, and I'm still trying to close all the gaps. I also started history this year, so there was/is all of Y10 to catch up on.

Easter holidays are in 2 weeks and a bit, that's when I'm planning to start doing past papers. Until then, I'm gonna be doing notes and reading. I'm leaving English language till the half term holiday at the end of May, as I will have 10 free days to revise for the two English language exams and for History Paper 4. I'm mostly concentrating on science right now.

For A-levels, I'm planning to study French, German, Economics, Maths and Further Maths.

Any suggestions? :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by octoberrain
Hi everyone,

I saw people doing this and it seemed like a good idea.
Seeing that I just can't keep myself to a revision timetable, I thought I would write down my aims for every day.

My aim:
French (Edexcel): A*
Spanish (Edexcel): A*
English Lit (Edexcel): A*
English Lang (Edexcel): A*
Chemistry (CIE): A*
Biology (CIE): A*
Physics (CIE): A*
History (CIE): A*

I already have A*s in German (99%) and Maths (90%).
Changing schools and thus exam boards for every subject is quite a challenge, and I'm still trying to close all the gaps. I also started history this year, so there was/is all of Y10 to catch up on.
Easter holidays are in 2 weeks and a bit, that's when I'm planning to start doing past papers. Until then, I'm gonna be doing notes and reading. I'm leaving English language till the half term holiday at the end of May, as I will have 10 free days to revise for the two English language exams and for History Paper 4. I'm mostly concentrating on science right now.

For A-levels, I'm planning to study French, German, Economics, Maths and Further Maths.

Any suggestions? :smile:

Hey there!

Your goals look fantastic - I really hope you achieve them (not that I'm doubting you of course)

Your grades are that good even after missing a year of content? I've been at my school since year 7 and I could only dream of a sea of A*s on results day, so we'll done!

Also, I'm choosing 3 of the same A-Levels as you (Maths, German and Further Maths)

I find revision timetables hard to stick to, however I'd only ever used the one on get revising, I've just made my own one from scratch which I'll hopefully be able to follow.

Finally, good luck with this and I'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve! :biggrin:

(Ps feel free to check out my thread if you feel like it :tongue:)
Original post by NiamhM1801
Hey there!

Your goals look fantastic - I really hope you achieve them (not that I'm doubting you of course)

Your grades are that good even after missing a year of content? I've been at my school since year 7 and I could only dream of a sea of A*s on results day, so we'll done!

Also, I'm choosing 3 of the same A-Levels as you (Maths, German and Further Maths)

I find revision timetables hard to stick to, however I'd only ever used the one on get revising, I've just made my own one from scratch which I'll hopefully be able to follow.

Finally, good luck with this and I'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve! :biggrin:

(Ps feel free to check out my thread if you feel like it :tongue:)

Thank you, I hope you will too!!

Are you thinking of studying Economics at uni?

I'm gonna check yours out too in a minute!
Thank you, I hope you will too!!

Are you thinking of studying Economics at uni?

I'm gonna check yours out too in a minute!

No, I'm wanting to study maths at uni, and eventually become a maths teacher :smile:

I'm guessing you're doing economics then?
No, I'm wanting to study maths at uni, and eventually become a maths teacher :smile:

I'm guessing you're doing economics then?

Ahh I love maths! Yeah, I'm pretty set on economics :smile:
UPDATE:

I went swimming and had a nap, so I only got to my desk now (19:15) :frown:
I have a Biology Paper 6 due Thursday and Physics homework due Wednesday which I still have to do.
I have to go over what we did in Maths in the last 3 lessons because I didn't pay attention at all and I'm really confused and I have to prepare something for MUN.
I'm gonna start the Physics course from scratch - so I've got General Physics and Thermal Physics on my plan for this week.

Maybe it's too much for today, but I'll try.
UPDATE:

I have a Biology Paper 6 due Thursday and Physics homework due Wednesday which I still have to do.
I have to go over what we did in Maths in the last 3 lessons because I didn't pay attention at all and I'm really confused and I have to prepare something for MUN.
I'm gonna start the Physics course from scratch - so I've got General Physics and Thermal Physics on my plan for this week.

Wait you're not in the UK? Where are you from?
Wait you're not in the UK? Where are you from?

Romania :smile:
Romania :smile:

Oh cool! I had no idea :colondollar:
UPDATE:

UPDATE 00:21
I did everything except for starting to revise for Physics - turned out I had maths homework as well :biggrin: I'm too tired for anything else, I'm gonna go to sleep.
I have to do an An Inspector Calls practice exam tomorrow, so I have to learn all the quotations + essay plans for as many essay questions as possible + French speaking practice (oral test tomorrow)
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending