The Student Room Group

Someone explain ADJUSTMENT PLEASE

I applied too 5 universities however i really feel as if i have made the wrong decision and i may not be fulfilling my potential. I am predicted A*A*A and i have applied too mostly AAA universities (not bad i know) however i strongly believe i can do much better.

My question is how does adjustment work, if i were to exceed/meet the requirements of the universities i want to go to how would i go about getting an offer from them?

Also what are the chances of getting accepted to universities like LSE,KCL,UCL,Durham,Warwick through Adjustment?? Has anyone ever been successful in obtaining a place through adjustment at these institutions?

Sorry if this is confusing i just really need some advice :biggrin:

EDIT: I want to add the reason i applied for the unis i have is because i did not believe i would even get AAA however in my recent mocks i received 3 A*s and two papers i got full marks and i was told by my head of sixth form that i need to strongly consider the universities i listed about for my course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
If you receive higher grades than your firm offer you can enter into adjustment.

The A*A*A + uni's/courses probably aren't in adjustment. I know UCL sometimes do but for very few subjects.

What were your uni and degree choices?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Durham sometimes do Adjustment :smile: Depends on what course though.
Original post by UniMATE16
I applied too 5 universities however i really feel as if i have made the wrong decision and i may not be fulfilling my potential. I am predicted A*A*A and i have applied too mostly AAA universities (not bad i know) however i strongly believe i can do much better.

My question is how does adjustment work, if i were to exceed/meet the requirements of the universities i want to go to how would i go about getting an offer from them?

Also what are the chances of getting accepted to universities like LSE,KCL,UCL,Durham,Warwick through Adjustment?? Has anyone ever been successful in obtaining a place through adjustment at these institutions?

Sorry if this is confusing i just really need some advice :biggrin:

EDIT: I want to add the reason i applied for the unis i have is because i did not believe i would even get AAA however in my recent mocks i received 3 A*s and two papers i got full marks and i was told by my head of sixth form that i need to strongly consider the universities i listed about for my course.

If you exceed your firm offer a button to go through adjustment will appear, if you click yes you then get 5 working days to find a place. There isnt a list of places in adjustment anywhere so they may say on their individual websites that they are in adjustment or you d have to call the relevant admissions line asking about adjustment places. LSE wasnt in adjustment last year
Reply 4
Original post by emiloujess
Durham sometimes do Adjustment :smile: Depends on what course though.

Law?

Original post by thad33
If you receive higher grades than your firm offer you can enter into adjustment.

The A*A*A + uni's/courses probably aren't in adjustment. I know UCL sometimes do but for very few subjects.

What were your uni and degree choices?

Well i want to study Law, i picked, Exeter, Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds & Manchester -.-

Original post by claireestelle
If you exceed your firm offer a button to go through adjustment will appear, if you click yes you then get 5 working days to find a place. There isnt a list of places in adjustment anywhere so they may say on their individual websites that they are in adjustment or you d have to call the relevant admissions line asking about adjustment places. LSE wasnt in adjustment last year

So if i meet their offer i dont have a choice to enter adjustment? is there a list somewhere where i can find unis which were in adjustment in previous years for law?

Thanks for everyones help also :biggrin:
So if i meet their offer i dont have a choice to enter adjustment? is there a list somewhere where i can find unis which were in adjustment in previous years for law?

Sorry for the confusion, adjustment is entirely optional and if you dont find anything in 5 days you then go to your firm choice:smile: I m afraid i dont as there isnt a published adjustment list and even if there was it will vary year to year whether or not they have places remaining.
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
Sorry for the confusion, adjustment is entirely optional and if you dont find anything in 5 days you then go to your firm choice:smile: I m afraid i dont as there isnt a published adjustment list and even if there was it will vary year to year whether or not they have places remaining.

Oh right i see, so regardless of my results i will get an option to go into adjustment? And also thanks for your help :biggrin:
Oh right i see, so regardless of my results i will get an option to go into adjustment? And also thanks for your help :biggrin:

Sorry, the options only there if you exceed your firm offer.
Apart from Durham where I am not sure (although I highly doubt it), none of the universities you mentioned offer Law via the adjustment process. If you're convinced you want to go these unis, you should consider reapplying next year with your grades achieved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You've already got Bristol/Nottingham, why bother looking elsewhere? They're both solid universities with top of the line law faculties.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Law?

Well i want to study Law, i picked, Exeter, Nottingham, Bristol, Leeds & Manchester -.-

Thanks for everyones help also :biggrin:

I genuinely don't think any of the Unis you want will have spaces for law in adjustment. But you shouldn't be disappointed. I heard law at Manchester and Bristol are amazing
Reply 11
Original post by Metrododo
Apart from Durham where I am not sure (although I highly doubt it), none of the universities you mentioned offer Law via the adjustment process. If you're convinced you want to go these unis, you should consider reapplying next year with your grades achieved :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know which universities are? I really ****ed up -.-

Original post by Princepieman
You've already got Bristol/Nottingham, why bother looking elsewhere? They're both solid universities with top of the line law faculties.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, however Bristol would have been my first choice, but its too far and i dont think i would be able to enjoy it or really get anything from my 3 years there. Maybe i just have to suck it up :biggrin:

Original post by Lawliettt
I genuinely don't think any of the Unis you want will have spaces for law in adjustment. But you shouldn't be disappointed. I heard law at Manchester and Bristol are amazing

Bristol is a good law school, its just i cant see myself being happy there -.-
Reply 12
Does anyone know if either Manchester or Nottingham would be available at adjustment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending