The Student Room Group

Is Israel or ISIS a greater threat to world peace?

Considering that Israel employs a violent Zionist ideology, shows no respect to the UN, is a US ally, holds more media-power, was created in a similar way as ISIS and has nukes and intends to use them on Iran?

Honestly could ISIS start a world war or Israel?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sciatic
Considering that Israel employs a violent Zionist ideology, shows no respect to the UN, is a US ally, holds more media-power, was created in a similar way as ISIS and has nukes and intends to use them on Iran?

So, Israel, a democratic state that has become one of the fastest growing and the most stable economy in the Middle East is being compared to a violent and corrupt state that beheads citizens of its 'state' for 'crimes' such as apostasy. Genuine criticism is one thing, but hatred for a nation simply based on antisemitic feelings is disgusting and needs to be condemned.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Aceadria
So, Israel, a democratic state that has become one of the fastest growing and the most stable economy in the Middle East is being compared to a violent and corrupt state that beheads citizens of its 'state' for 'crimes' such as apostasy. Genuine criticism is one thing, but hatred for a nation simply based on antisemitic feelings is disgusting and needs to be condemned.

So Israel is for you a lesser threat to world peace?
Islamic State apologetics with a dash of antisemitism -- isn't it a bit early for this sort of thread? The 'Israel did 9/11 and the Holocaust was a hoax' brigade doesn't normally come out before midnight.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Islamic State apologetics with a dash of antisemitism -- isn't it a bit early for this sort of thread? The 'Israel did 9/11 and the Holocaust was a hoax' brigade doesn't normally come out before midnight.

lol abit mean isn't it?
Original post by queen-bee
lol abit mean isn't it?

He is true that these **** threads come out at night.
Reply 6
I can't be bothered to find the figures right now, but so much of Israel's economy is dependent on American aid. As soon as America says 'No' they're pretty much powerless. Israel is probably a bit too concerned with self-preservation to actively initiate another devastating world war.
Original post by queen-bee
lol abit mean isn't it?

It's true, though -- threads like these tend to be made after midnight (probably in the hope that not many moderators are online). I should know, being a night owl.

Also, I don't mind being a bit mean to anti-Semites. :h: They deserve all the ridicule they get.
Reply 8
Original post by Roofas
I can't be bothered to find the figures right now, but so much of Israel's economy is dependent on American aid. As soon as America says 'No' they're pretty much powerless. Israel is probably a bit too concerned with self-preservation to actively initiate another devastating world war.

If I recall correctly the annual US military aid to the occupation (Israel) is 3 billion USD which is just 1% of Israel's GDP. (I don't know much economics so yeah these values may as well be way off the mark). But the point is that the Zionist entity is quite self-sufficient in terms of everything except media coverage, big-brother-backing, and symbolic relationships.

They have always followed an offense-is-the-best-defense strategy, as seen in their recent "short-lived" invasions into Lebanon and Gaza, and the shock and awe tactic used to terrorise the Palestinians. Israel is unpredictable in terms of warring and nukes, and coupled with their enormous war arsenals and ability - they are clearly the bigger threat to world and regional peace.
[scrollr]:israel:[/scrollr]

[scroll]:israel:[/scroll]

[scrollr]:israel:[/scrollr]
Honestly Israel. ISIS is a passing issue (although a serious one) feeding off of instability and peoples fears. Israel is a constant catalyst for instability in the middle east and has made statements in the past and present proving that it is an ongoing threat to world peace.
Reply 11
Original post by Hydeman

I called Daesh the Islamic State and a terrorist state, and no one accuses me of Islamophobia. I didn't yet call Israel a Jewish state, and you still accuse me of some "dash of anti-Semitism". The Jewish state is a terrorist state and the way it was set up parallels that of how ISIS was set up, and having this opinion does not make me a racist. If being anti-terrorism in all its forms has something to do with anti-Semitism, then I would gladly call myself an Anti-Semite.
The world will be a lot better without both of them. If everything that is shown in media is true. Never trust media.
Jesus was an Israeli.... not a member of SOCTIS
Reply 14
Original post by the bear
Jesus was an Israeli.... not a member of SOCTIS

Jesus was an Israelite Palestinian; the descendants of his family are most probably modern day Palestinians :smile:
Original post by Sciatic
Jesus was an Israelite Palestinian; the descendants of his family are most probably modern day Palestinians :smile:

i'm sure He was Jewish tho' ?
Original post by Sciatic

How many dindus did a dindu do if a dindu DinduCoffin? The answer to that question is the answer to your question.
Reply 17
Original post by the bear
i'm sure He was Jewish tho' ?

Yes, don't act dumb. Coming to think of it bears are actually dumb :beard:
Original post by Sciatic
Yes, don't act dumb. Coming to think of it bears are actually dumb :beard:

hater of Jews & bears

how much lower can you get ?
Original post by Aceadria

Its not hatred, its perfectly justified. Take the fact that they have a nuclear weapons or that they break UN sanctions. Don't bring anti-semitism into this, the isrealis are as bad as IS. And IS are losing a lot of their territory as we speak.

Quick Reply

Latest