The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Marris house or Richardson road

Stuck between Marris house or Richardson road, I like Marris house because it looks nicer than Richardson road facilities but all the reviews are saying Richardson road has a better party atmosphere and i want that as well, also if i was living at marris how often would you go to other halls for parties and stuff?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SummerMB
Stuck between Marris house or Richardson road, I like Marris house because it looks nicer than Richardson road facilities but all the reviews are saying Richardson road has a better party atmosphere and i want that as well, also if i was living at marris how often would you go to other halls for parties and stuff?

Ricky road isn't open for 2016 entry, it's closing for two years 😭😭

I'm heartbroken.... But I'm gonna go for Marris.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Really?! But a lot of people say you don't get into Marris because the gap year students get first choice so it usually fills up with them first :/
Really?! But a lot of people say you don't get into Marris because the gap year students get first choice so it usually fills up with them first :/

It'll be fine, if you like it then go for it! Where else you looking at for accommodation? I was considering castle leases
Reply 4
Original post by JordanC55
It'll be fine, if you like it then go for it! Where else you looking at for accommodation? I was considering castle leases

Yeah castle leases as well but not catered not really bothered about that just wanna be close to the campus really and have like lots of people there
Yeah castle leases as well but not catered not really bothered about that just wanna be close to the campus really and have like lots of people there

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, I don't really wanna be stuck somewhere that's dead.
Reply 6
Yeah that's what I'm worried about, I don't really wanna be stuck somewhere that's dead.

Yeah exactly hard decisions
Yeah exactly hard decisions

Well I've narrowed it down to Marris, Castle Leazes and Windsor Terrace...

:')

What you studying?
Reply 8
Well I've narrowed it down to Marris, Castle Leazes and Windsor Terrace...

:':wink:

What you studying?

No looked at Windsor terrace much I'll have a look and doing biology wbu?
No looked at Windsor terrace much I'll have a look and doing biology wbu?

Linguistics :smile:
Reply 10
Linguistics :smile:

Sounds interesting I could never do that though haha
Sounds interesting I could never do that though haha

I feel like I always check this just as you reply hahaha :')

Yeah it's good, I've always loved languages and I'm gonna be doing German as well so that'll be interesting! I could never do biology tho so you're brave!

Where else have you applied? You firmed Newcastle already?
Reply 12
I feel like I always check this just as you reply hahaha :':wink:

Yeah it's good, I've always loved languages and I'm gonna be doing German as well so that'll be interesting! I could never do biology tho so you're brave!

Where else have you applied? You firmed Newcastle already?

I couldn't do languages I did Spanish at GCSE but I couldn't do it now haha, and I firmed Newcastle the other day, but I didn't know you could only pick two!!! And I put Nottingham as second but they're higher grade requirements but they were my two favourite so, wbu?
I couldn't do languages I did Spanish at GCSE but I couldn't do it now haha, and I firmed Newcastle the other day, but I didn't know you could only pick two!!! And I put Nottingham as second but they're higher grade requirements but they were my two favourite so, wbu?

Yeah it really sucks doesn't it! I'm really struggling, I think I'm gonna firm Newcastle but I really like the look of Southampton and Lancaster so I'm scared to do it in case I regret it lol!

What are your conditions? Where else did you apply?
Reply 14
Yeah it really sucks doesn't it! I'm really struggling, I think I'm gonna firm Newcastle but I really like the look of Southampton and Lancaster so I'm scared to do it in case I regret it lol!

What are your conditions? Where else did you apply?

I haven't looked at either of those, for Newcastle I've got to get ABB but I've heard a lot that they are quite lenient and will accept lower, Nottingham is AAB :/ and I had an unconditional from Huddersfield if I firmed them and Liverpool ABB and Nottingham Trent which I don't even know because I never really wanted to go anyway, what are your conditions?
I haven't looked at either of those, for Newcastle I've got to get ABB but I've heard a lot that they are quite lenient and will accept lower, Nottingham is AAB :/ and I had an unconditional from Huddersfield if I firmed them and Liverpool ABB and Nottingham Trent which I don't even know because I never really wanted to go anyway, what are your conditions?

I already did my A-levels so all of mine are unconditionals, I got 4 Bs so it's just a case of working out where I wanna go! Nottingham is apparently a really good uni.
Reply 16
I already did my A-levels so all of mine are unconditionals, I got 4 Bs so it's just a case of working out where I wanna go! Nottingham is apparently a really good uni.

Oh did you take a gap year? You will get first pick of accommodation then! 4Bs that's really good I'm really stressing about mine
Oh did you take a gap year? You will get first pick of accommodation then! 4Bs that's really good I'm really stressing about mine

Yeah, just wanted to work out what's best y'know! It makes it harder because I'm picking purely on the uni and now what I think I can get; like if I choose a uni I'm definitely doing there which makes it more final - dunno if that makes sense?

Haha thanks, I was gutted I didn't get an A in English Language, but I was predicted ACCC, so I did better overall - hence the gap year. Don't stress, I genuinely thought I was gonna get a D in RS, I was walking up saying as long as it's a D I can take it so when I got a B I couldn't believe it.
Reply 18
Yeah, just wanted to work out what's best y'know! It makes it harder because I'm picking purely on the uni and now what I think I can get; like if I choose a uni I'm definitely doing there which makes it more final - dunno if that makes sense?

Haha thanks, I was gutted I didn't get an A in English Language, but I was predicted ACCC, so I did better overall - hence the gap year. Don't stress, I genuinely thought I was gonna get a D in RS, I was walking up saying as long as it's a D I can take it so when I got a B I couldn't believe it.

Yeah I get you, so do you only pick your firm then and nothing else you've still got time to decide, and yeah I really want an A in biology I'll be gutted if I don't get that too, and I'm predicted AAB but I don't think I'll be able to get an A in chemistry or sociology so
Yeah I get you, so do you only pick your firm then and nothing else you've still got time to decide, and yeah I really want an A in biology I'll be gutted if I don't get that too, and I'm predicted AAB but I don't think I'll be able to get an A in chemistry or sociology so

It'll happen, you'll surprise yourself! Did you ever consider medicine or anything like that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending