The Student Room Group

AQA Official Biology Revision Thread

Decided to make this into an official AQA biology revision thread/help
so ill get started lmao

Help!!!!
I'm doing my A level biology studies AQA ad resitting both units from as level. I need some help ad study tips!!
I cant seem to remember the information, I've made notes and condensed them but I cant condense them any further.
any tips or suggestions from anyone????

- smile43 x :smile:
your avatar aroused me! :perv:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by fatima1998
your avatar aroused me! :perv:

Spoiler

Haha :wink:
power of the teeth aye ... lol
like your anime avatar
Original post by smile43
Haha :wink:
power of the teeth aye ... lol
like your anime avatar

haha yup!
what Colgate paste do you use?
Hmm, is none of the stuff repeated in A-level?- e.g. circulation but with more detail
If you have topics which are simply carried on in more detail in A2, revise the basics of those briefly. For those topics that aren't carried on into A2, try looking at the spec and highlighting areas you don't understand or cant remember. Then try to use videos online to help yourself learn these topics; if you get stuck, ask a teacher or a friend who scored highly
All the while, you should be doing summary questions in textbooks to consolidate your knowledge and once you've finished a module, start doing past papers and marking them
hi! i was just wondering whether anyone can help me, I have a Biology ISA soon and i was wondering if anyone can help me with statistical tests and their calculations. ive had a look at previous ISA's on the Biology aqa site and they ask for calculating using formulas they give you. can anyone help with using the chi and spearmans formulas please? any help would be appreciated (doing some practice/revision for ISA).

it states on the statistic sheet for spearmans rank "where n is the number of pairs of items in the sample and D is the difference between each pairof ranked measurements" does this mean we have to rank our data from highest to lowest and use THAT to work out d and then d2?

and general help for chi...
MANY THANKS :-)
Original post by randoms132
hi! i was just wondering whether anyone can help me, I have a Biology ISA soon and i was wondering if anyone can help me with statistical tests and their calculations. ive had a look at previous ISA's on the Biology aqa site and they ask for calculating using formulas they give you. can anyone help with using the chi and spearmans formulas please? any help would be appreciated (doing some practice/revision for ISA).

it states on the statistic sheet for spearmans rank "where n is the number of pairs of items in the sample and D is the difference between each pairof ranked measurements" does this mean we have to rank our data from highest to lowest and use THAT to work out d and then d2?

and general help for chi...
MANY THANKS :-)

You need to rank each variable from 1 to the total number of recordings. However, if two recordings of the variable are the same, you need to average their rank. For example the first two measurements are the same: 1+2=3
3/2=1.5. You then continue from rank 3 for the next measurement. (Hopefully that makes sense its hard to explain without drawing a table etc.)

You then find the difference between ranks for the two variables (di) and square each difference (di^2). You then add all di^2 values together.

Then substitute numbers into equation given.

If you are doing the afterimages ISA then you will be doing the spearmans rank test so you dont need to look at chi squared.

Hope it helps!
Original post by kadeharbert
You need to rank each variable from 1 to the total number of recordings. However, if two recordings of the variable are the same, you need to average their rank. For example the first two measurements are the same: 1+2=3
3/2=1.5. You then continue from rank 3 for the next measurement. (Hopefully that makes sense its hard to explain without drawing a table etc.)

You then find the difference between ranks for the two variables (di) and square each difference (di^2). You then add all di^2 values together.

Then substitute numbers into equation given.

If you are doing the afterimages ISA then you will be doing the spearmans rank test so you dont need to look at chi squared.

Hope it helps!

Thank you!! I went online and looked at some sources on there and figured it out in the end! But thank you very much!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good idea for a thread, it's good to get revision and preparation early for the summer exams!

Here is a link to a thread which we've had around on TSR for a while, but it has been really useful for revision across the biology exam boards and units. I've tried my best to keep it updated, and if anyone has any suggestions for what I can add to it then it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Link to biology revision thread

Best of luck with all your summer exams! :h:
Reply 9
Original post by Eloades11
Good idea for a thread, it's good to get revision and preparation early for the summer exams!

Here is a link to a thread which we've had around on TSR for a while, but it has been really useful for revision across the biology exam boards and units. I've tried my best to keep it updated, and if anyone has any suggestions for what I can add to it then it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin:

Link to biology revision thread

Best of luck with all your summer exams! :h:

Aww thanks thats ace im checking it out I really need help with biology

And thank you hopefully ill smash the exams :smile:!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending