The Student Room Group

Islander Appreciation Society (British and Japanese welcome)

I have changed the context of this thread from a troll post to an islander appreciation society, thanks to the great news that TSR has at least 4 islanders.

Entry requires your word of being an islander by some association.

Brits and Japanese, I guess you guys can join considering you are islanders as well...

Indonesia Madagascara Papua New Guinea Japan United KingdomOcean, British Isles Cubas Iceland Republic of Ireland Sri Lanka Dominican Republic Solomon Islands Haiti Fiji East Timor Bahamas Jamaica Cyprus[n 1] Brunei Trinidad and Tobago Cape Verde Samoa Comoros Mauritius São Tomé and PríncipeT Kiribat Dominica Bahrainf Tonga Singapore[3] Federated States of Micronesia Saint Lucia Palau Seychelles Antigua and Barbuda Barbados Saint Vincent and the GrenadinIslands Grenada Malta Maldives Saint Kitts and Nevis Marshall Islands Tuvalu Nauru

If you are from one of these countries, feel free to brag about the amazing weather and relaxed life on the island (sorry Brits)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dinasaurus
What are your thoughts?

How is Mauritius a greater threat to world peace?

It's a tiny Island, that's only famous for that big nosed bird called the "Dodo".
Reply 2
Original post by Jay to the mill
How is Mauritius a greater threat to world peace?

It's a tiny Island, that's only famous for that big nosed bird called the "Dodo".

Mauritians are my natural rival in the battle for beaches, propped up by Western media.

Spoiler

Mauritians are my natural rival in the battle for beaches, propped up by Western media.

Spoiler

Ironically I am in Mauritius right now.

I am in Cure-pipe.:tongue:

I am staying for three weeks.
Reply 4
OMG HAI. I'm from Mauritius. Just looked outside my window, we're definitely a bigger threat. :yep:
Reply 5
Ironically I am in Mauritius right now.

I am in Cure-pipe.:tongue:

I am staying for three weeks.

I have no idea where that is, is it nice though? I am assuming it would be pretty amazing, definitely top 2 Indian Ocean island destinations.
Reply 6
I have no idea where that is, is it nice though? I am assuming it would be pretty amazing, definitely top 2 Indian Ocean island destinations.

It's okay. You get used to it after a while. :tongue:

Yeah, the views are really amazing:daydreaming:, I just find it hard getting adjusted to conversing in Creole, although I am doing fine with the lingo, it's my UK accent that gives it away, plus I don't resemble Mauricien at all so people instantly know.:tongue:

Why where abouts are you from?
Reply 8
Original post by Zacken
It's okay. You get used to it after a while. :tongue:

You're from Mauritius?

Yeah, the views are really amazing:daydreaming:, I just find it hard getting adjusted to conversing in Creole, although I am doing fine with the lingo, it's my UK accent that gives it away, plus I don't resemble Mauricien at all so people instantly know.:tongue:

Why where abouts are you from?

Wow you can speak a bit of Creole, I'm from Seychelles. We also speak Creole but I've never spoken to a Mauritian but I think they're quite similar. Similar to me, I live in the UK though and when I go back people always talk about my accent.
Reply 9
c11.jpg
Reply 10
You're from Mauritius?.

Born and raised. Still living here. :yep:
Who's verbally attacking my home country? You want some m8?
Reply 12
Original post by Axel Johann
Who's verbally attacking my home country? You want some m8?

Ehhh weh, to mauricien alors?! Premier mauricien mon trouV lor TSR
Original post by Zacken
Born and raised. Still living here. :yep:

Toi to sa dimoune la ki pe visit tou jimoune so ban profile la? TeeEm ena 92 visits depi maurice hahaha
Toi to sa dimoune la ki pe visit tou jimoune so ban profile la? TeeEm ena 92 visits depi maurice hahaha

I can understand you but I can't write back :frown:
I can understand you but I can't write back :frown:

English is fine xD Are you from Rodrigues?
You're from Mauritius?

Wow you can speak a bit of Creole, I'm from Seychelles. We also speak Creole but I've never spoken to a Mauritian but I think they're quite similar. Similar to me, I live in the UK though and when I go back people always talk about my accent.

I would love to visit Seychelles one day, I heard the views are more stunning than Mauritius?

Those are two islands I'd love to visit, Seychelles and Reunion.:tongue:

But I heard in La Reunion they speak more French?

Yeah I speak Creole, it took me time to speak fluently but I got the hang of it eventually.:biggrin:

Do you speak fluent Creole? I think the people in Seychelles are more Multi-Cultural, but I am not sure.:dontknow:
Reply 17

Loool pa moi sa, ena ban mauricien ki pe cachiete ek pe guette TeeEm so ban zaferr :rofl:

(For other readers: this is us plotting on overthrowing the global economy and tearing it all down.)
(edited 8 years ago)
English is fine xD Are you from Rodrigues?

I'm from Seychelles
Reply 19
I'm from Seychelles

#IslandPower

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending