The Student Room Group

Homophobic after gay relationship? How does that work?

So my friend/cousin is like bisexual or gay not sure. And he's always been in the closet. I don't think it's at all possible for him to come out. I mean to like family. We've only got one aunt that doesn't completely freak out with the word homosexual and she still has issues with it herself. And as fate would have it his mom says stuff like that it should be illegal. And he's 17 so he still lives with his parents and I guess influenced by them. Anyhow last month he had a short lived relationship with this guy that ended a few weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks, he's done a huge 180 and has like gone out of his way to make fun of and mock out gay guys. And it's like his view on it a totally done a 180. What's weird is I thought homophobes were repressed homosexuals. Not ones that indulge?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
"last summer he had a short lived relationship with this guy a few weeks ago"

wat?
Reply 2
Original post by Katarvi
"last summer he had a short lived relationship with this guy a few weeks ago"

wat?

that meant to read last month he had a short lived relationship that ended a few weeks ago my bad
Reply 3
Original post by nrb17
So my friend/cousin is like bisexual or gay not sure. And he's always been in the closet. I don't think it's at all possible for him to come out. I mean to like family. We've only got one aunt that doesn't completely freak out with the word homosexual and she still has issues with it herself. And as fate would have it his mom says stuff like that it should be illegal. And he's 17 so he still lives with his parents and I guess influenced by them. Anyhow last month he had a short lived relationship with this guy that ended a few weeks ago. In the last 2 weeks, he's done a huge 180 and has like gone out of his way to make fun of and mock out gay guys. And it's like his view on it a totally done a 180. What's weird is I thought homophobes were repressed homosexuals. Not ones that indulge?

How did you come to the conclusion that a homophobe was a repressed homosexual?
Reply 4
Original post by Lulu24
How did you come to the conclusion that a homophobe was a repressed homosexual?

Well that's why they're afraid of homosexuals right? Otherwise if you are one yourself and practicing then wouldn't you have nothing to fear? As the cat is out of the bag.
Original post by nrb17
Well that's why they're afraid of homosexuals right? Otherwise if you are one yourself and practicing then wouldn't you have nothing to fear? As the cat is out of the bag.

That's like saying people are racist because they're lowkey black.
People are islamophobes because they're lowkey muslims.

There are some people who just simply do not agree with homosexuality and are not lowkey homosexuals.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
That's like saying people are racist because they're lowkey black.
People are islamophobes because they're lowkey muslims.

There are some people who just simply do not agree with homosexuality and are not lowkey homosexuals.

no they see it as some type of threat right? Or else why hate something that has nothing to do with you?
Reply 7
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The relationship probably left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth.

the guy he was with wasn't eve openly gay though. If anyone I'd think he'd have an issue with straight girls as the guy went back with his ex. Instead he went totally in a direction I didn't see coming.
Reply 8
maybe he's decided he wants to convince others he's not so badly that this is what he's doing idk
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The relationship probably left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth.

It wasn't the relationship that left the bitter aftertaste :sexface:
Reply 10
Original post by Zargabaath
It wasn't the relationship that left the bitter aftertaste :sexface:

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending