The Student Room Group

Why do I have better luck w/ (conventionally) good looking men than unattractive men?

I'm baffled. Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

When it comes to attraction, I actually find myself more drawn to men who are below average. I don't really believe in ratings to illustrate a point for the purpose of this thread let's say I tend to go for guys who are like a 3 or 4 out of 10. However, I have come to find most of these guys were not interested in me and ended up rejecting me and some treated me bad. Many did not want a relationship generally but some simply didn't like me.

The guys that tend to go for me tend to be conventionally good looking tall, dark and handsome with athletic bodies and aesthetic faces like 8+ out of 10. They tend to treat me much better, be more respectful, compliment me, and show more interest and care, pursue me and want to be in a relationship with me. However, for some odd reason I'm not really into them and prefer my diamonds in the rough.

As for myself I wouldn't even say that I'm pretty. I get described mostly as 'cute'. I eat well and I workout (6-8 hours a week) and I'm slim so I would say I have a decent body I'm petite and a size 6 in clothes.

So what could it be?

Scroll to see replies

Get a hobby.
Original post by Anonymous

When it comes to attraction, I actually find myself more drawn to men who are below average. I don't really believe in ratings to illustrate a point for the purpose of this thread let's say I tend to go for guys who are like a 3 or 4 out of 10. However, I have come to find most of these guys were not interested in me and ended up rejecting me and some treated me bad. Many did not want a relationship generally but some simply didn't like me.

The guys that tend to go for me tend to be conventionally good looking tall, dark and handsome with athletic bodies and aesthetic faces like 8+ out of 10. They tend to treat me much better, be more respectful, compliment me, and show more interest and care, pursue me and want to be in a relationship with me. However, for some odd reason I'm not really into them and prefer my diamonds in the rough.

As for myself I wouldn't even say that I'm pretty. I get described mostly as 'cute'. I eat well and I workout (6-8 hours a week) and I'm slim so I would say I have a decent body I'm petite and a size 6 in clothes.

So what could it be?

Most likely comes down to insecurity they must not feel adequate enough for you some of the lesser attractive guys have extremely poor self-esteem, low confidence and lack of experience. Some are just vindictive due to bitter resentment towards women. I don't see why you wouldn't want a decent looking guy that treated you well seems irrational to me. Not to say that all unattractive men are like this, but they usually have more depth in them compared to the better looking ones.
Reply 3
Cool story bro
Reply 4
Original post by BlindingLight
Get a hobby.

Thanks but I already have lots of hobbies and interests. I always thought you were a nice TSR user :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Tom78
Cool story bro

You're welcome :colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by Black Cat
Most likely comes down to insecurity they must not feel adequate enough for you some of the lesser attractive guys have extremely poor self-esteem, low confidence and lack of experience. Some are just vindictive due to bitter resentment towards women. I don't see why you wouldn't want a decent looking guy that treated you well seems irrational to me. Not to say that all unattractive men are like this, but they usually have more depth in them compared to the better looking ones.

Yes it's pretty irrational of me. I think it has something to do with my own upbringing where my dad who was very good looking athletic and 6'4" cheated on my mother. My mum used to bitch about it to me all the time as well so I think I developed an insecurity. I always thought guy who was not very attractive would treat me better but that's not been the case. Perhaps it is something to do with confidence and self-esteem of the guy...
Thanks but I already have lots of hobbies and interests. I always thought you were a nice TSR user :frown:

do i know you bro?
Not so good looking guys can be pickier and expect more then just looks, and more critical.
Reply 9
Looks like the ugly guys are intimidated by you. But you seem to have some insecurity issues too.

Girls who actively hunt out less attractive people tend to be extremely narcissistic and can't handle being the lesser attractive half of a couple.
Reply 10
Clearly fishing, hoping to hear the answer you've already constructed in your own head. Try harder next time honey.
Reply 11
If a guy can't look after himself why do you expect him to look after you?
Original post by xobeauty
Not so good looking guys can be pickier and expect more then just looks, and more critical.

This.. I'm so ridiculously picky I've only had one gf at 23 years old.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13

So what could it be?

So you're saying these guys are not even average, and very bad to look at?
I seriously doubt that.
Original post by MountKimbie
This.. I'm so ridiculously picky I've only had one gf at 23 years old.

You think your less then good looking?
You think your less then good looking?

I'd say average, I mean I don't have an amazingly good rugby player like body....yet :colone:

I've had a few flings with very attractive girls, but they've been pretty crazy. Not wifey material just yet. I don't go for looks though, personality every time.
I'd say average, I mean I don't have an amazingly good rugby player like body....yet :colone:

I've had a few flings with very attractive girls, but they've been pretty crazy. Not wifey material just yet. I don't go for looks though, personality every time.

Guys like you are hella hella hella mean :smile: be nicer irl
Guys like you are hella hella hella mean :smile: be nicer irl

What do you mean guys like me? I'm not mean at all!
What do you mean guys like me? I'm not mean at all!

Yes like dry mean
Yes like dry mean

what does dry mean mean haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending