The Student Room Group

Why do I have better luck w/ (conventionally) good looking men than unattractive men?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HmmIsIt
Depends.

Self proclaimed nice guys in particular.
Reply 41
Original post by xobeauty

what are you talking about are you having your own little conversation with yourself in your head ?

DBCBDouche-bag cock-block; Someone so sickeningly full of himself that every misguided female in the area somehow finds it charming and is convinced that she wants to be full of him too; 'That guy' (as in "Don't be that guy.")

I guess by DBCD you were hinting at me being full of myself when I'm not.
Original post by HmmIsIt
DBCBDouche-bag cock-block; Someone so sickeningly full of himself that every misguided female in the area somehow finds it charming and is convinced that she wants to be full of him too; 'That guy' (as in "Don't be that guy.":wink:

I guess by DBCD you were hinting at me being full of myself when I'm not.

No no no Wrong to full capacity. If you weren't such a reporting queen I'd say it!
Nothing to do with your looks.
Original post by MountKimbie
Girls find intelligence attractive generally, so I mean physical attractiveness based purely on looks.

Mm meh. I dunno.

What? It most certainly is the suit! Why would a job make you more/less attractive?

Really?! Go into a physics/engineering department at university and the top students really aren't the most attractive haha.

Sports Science. That's where it's at.

Ok, maybe you're right.

I'm getting it wrong. It isn't intelligence as you're that would mean all the philosophers and mathematicians have it great. They don't hahaha. I know from expreience they fugly >_<

Emotional intelligence it may be...

Regarding the suit the job isn't making them more attractive, it's just the average face in each job is different, one is more attractive than the other. It's funny because working class folk are shorter on average than higher class folk too. And we all know height is one thing girls find attractive.

Yes intelligence is attractive but I think if you just took a picture of these sorts of people, comparing construction worker's smiling faces with the smiling faces of those in high up corporate positions the latter would on average be quite a bit more attractive. I sppose different lifestyle choices influence it too though...
Original post by HmmIsIt
Depends.

You're right, ugly guys are not more picky when it comes to women, they take what they can get.
What i think has happened to OP is, she's interested in ugly guys but ugly guys generally have it bad. The world shows them no appreciation, no attention, no help, generally cold towards them. As a response they have built up this wall of anger towards everyone BUT other ugly people.
I have encountered this on many occasions, i will have to work with a less attractive guy on projects and they all seem to hate me. Even though I'm nice and bust out jokes, yet i see them connecting with other ugly people and having a great time.

It's true and it's sad. We just have to appreciate how much easier our life is though by being above average attractiveness. So. Much. Easier.
Reply 45
Original post by xobeauty
No no no Wrong to full capacity. If you weren't such a reporting queen I'd say it!
Nothing to do with your looks.

Whatever, you Canadians are weird.
I reported you once Miss Canada.
Original post by TorpidPhil

Regarding the suit the job isn't making them more attractive, it's just the average face in each job is different, one is more attractive than the other. It's funny because working class folk are shorter on average than higher class folk too. And we all know height is one thing girls find attractive.

Yes intelligence is attractive but I think if you just took a picture of these sorts of people, comparing construction worker's smiling faces with the smiling faces of those in high up corporate positions the latter would on average be quite a bit more attractive. I sppose different lifestyle choices influence it too though...

Hmm it's hard to say. Maybe people high up in corporate positions have a greater desire to impress/have better presentation. Expensive clothes, cars, plastic surgery etc. Richer people are generally healthier too, they have access to exclusive gyms/spas, better nutrition etc.

It's true and it's sad. We just have to appreciate how much easier our life is though by being above average attractiveness. So. Much. Easier.

Meh I reckon my life would be a lot easier if I was better looking.
Reply 47
Self proclaimed nice guys in particular.

I mean i would say I'm nice, but i don't get taken advantage of.
There is a big difference between being nice and too nice i think.
I guess you were referring to the latter.
Reply 48
Hmm it's hard to say. Maybe people high up in corporate positions have a greater desire to impress/have better presentation. Expensive clothes, cars, plastic surgery etc. Richer people are generally healthier too, they have access to exclusive gyms/spas, better nutrition etc.

Meh I reckon my life would be a lot easier if I was better looking.

I think it depends on how you deal with it, some ugly guys likely compensate by improving themselves, getting fit, being nicer, gaining confidence, a lot of good looking guys already have this but there's that hardiness that you can only get through struggle and a sense of injustice which I think many of them lack. Some guys go the other way and become a self-confessed victim who whines and follows PUA nonsense.
Original post by HmmIsIt

I don't think there is such thing as being too nice. I'm always really nice to people and I don't get friendzoned.

It's about having a balanced personality. If all you are is 'nice', and not confident, good sense of humour etc then that's the reason why, not because you are nice.
Original post by HmmIsIt

The problem generally is guys who fake their niceness so as to impress girls or other people in general and then when nobody goes crazy over them as a result they get all bitter about wasting their time and look real, hella, ugly.

If someone is just genuinely and naturally nice that will only ever be a positively attractive trait. Not many are though.
Reply 51
The problem generally is guys who fake their niceness so as to impress girls or other people in general and then when nobody goes crazy over them as a result they get all bitter about wasting their time and look real, hella, ugly.

If someone is just genuinely and naturally nice that will only ever be a positively attractive trait. Not many are though.

'Nice guys' also refuse to flirt. If you don't ask for bacon why are you surprised when you get ham??
Reply 52

It really is and I'm thankful for the life i have.
Ive even seen from OUTSIDE the shop through the window the less attractive cashier all happy and fun with less attractive people. I walk in to buy something while being nice to her and she just doesn't seem to like me for some reason.
But on the other hand other attractive people treat me well.
Original post by whorace
I think it depends on how you deal with it, some ugly guys likely compensate by improving themselves, getting fit, being nicer, gaining confidence, a lot of good looking guys already have this but there's that hardiness that you can only get through struggle and a sense of injustice which I think many of them lack. Some guys go the other way and become a self-confessed victim who whines and follows PUA nonsense.

My life's great as it is, I don't really know why I said that, it's more of a, well life would be easier if I was richer, or had better health, or if I could run further or if I was fitter etc.

I'm definitely improving my physique, I'm trying to be the best I can emotionally, intellectually and physically. It's all about the complete package.
Reply 54
I don't think there is such thing as being too nice. I'm always really nice to people and I don't get friendzoned.

It's about having a balanced personality. If all you are is 'nice', and not confident, good sense of humour etc then that's the reason why, not because you are nice.

There actually is a thing called being too nice. A guy that is too nice will try and win a girl over with niceness. These are the guys that get taken advantage of and generally women have no attraction towards them. BUT they want to keep them as friends just for the free gifts and presents, then occasionally give him a hug or a kiss to keep him on his toes.
Reply 55

I get what you mean. I would say I'm generally a nice person and I'm not out to impress anyone.
There was this party i was at, this girls dragged me by the arm and said to everyone around "he's such a nice person swell, he held the door open for me" she seemed so happy for some reason.
Said "thanks" but thinking, i actually hold the door open for everyone "ugly or attractive"
Reply 56
Original post by HmmIsIt
There actually is a thing called being too nice. A guy that is too nice will try and win a girl over with niceness. These are the guys that get taken advantage of and generally women have no attraction towards them. BUT they want to keep them as friends just for the free gifts and presents, then occasionally give him a hug or a kiss to keep him on his toes.

I don't think that's being nice, I think that's being a pushover and a doormat. There's nothing wrong with complimenting a woman, or doing her a favour, but if she takes advantage of that kindness you tell her to get lost, you don't lick her feet just because she has a vagina. You can't expect a woman to respect someone that pathetic.
Original post by HmmIsIt
I get what you mean. I would say I'm generally a nice person and I'm not out to impress anyone.
There was this party i was at, this girls dragged me by the arm and said to everyone around "he's such a nice person swell, he held the door open for me" she seemed so happy for some reason.
Said "thanks" but thinking, i actually hold the door open for everyone "ugly or attractive"

I don't know how you win somebody over with niceness. That doesn't display a spectrum of your personality, it is not enough.

That is the sense of entitlement; you think you deserve a girl just by being overly nice.
Reply 58
I don't know how you win somebody over with niceness. That doesn't display a spectrum of your personality, it is not enough.

That is the sense of entitlement; you think you deserve a girl just by being overly nice.

It can work on some girls that rely on external validation for their esteem needs, but they only like getting complimented if it's from someone they respect. If a guy rarely gives out a compliment but then says you look nice, it will likely make you feel special.
Original post by whorace
It can work on some girls that rely on external validation for their esteem needs, but they only like getting complimented if it's from someone they respect. If a guy rarely gives out a compliment but then says you look nice, it will likely make you feel special.

Most people need external validation. But I see you used the word rely, which is a bit different.

Tell me i'm pretty whorace. :teehee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending