The Student Room Group

Drunk and embarrassed at family party

Hi, so long story short I went to my boyfriend of a couple of months family party on Saturday. This was my first time meeting everyone, and we were all very drunk. The topic of sexuality came up, and I told my boyfriend I was confused when I was younger and didn't know if I liked males or females, but reassured him that I know im 100% straight now. To make matters worse, I can't remember any of this and also told his cousins girlfriend?! I am so embarrassed about my behaviour, do you think there's any way to save face now?
On the scale of embarrassing things to do or say when you're drunk, I can assure you that is extremely minor, unless they're homophobic I'm sure they weren't bothered
Reply 2
Original post by Blondie987
On the scale of embarrassing things to do or say when you're drunk, I can assure you that is extremely minor, unless they're homophobic I'm sure they weren't bothered

Thanks so much, I just feel bad because it's a private thing and I dont even know her! But my boyfriend said she seemed fine about it, it was just a stupid thing for me to blurt out and I feel like I embarrassed my boyfriend
I doubt it will be a big deal, and helps that everyone was drunk.
Original post by asc01
Thanks so much, I just feel bad because it's a private thing and I dont even know her! But my boyfriend said she seemed fine about it, it was just a stupid thing for me to blurt out and I feel like I embarrassed my boyfriend

No problem, I'm sure your Boyf wasn't embarrassed and you shouldn't be either
Original post by asc01

I'd probably restrain from sharing it with people you've just met in the future. But one thing that I've come to realize is that people attach nowhere near as much weight to things that you say as you do. I really doubt that she really thought it was a big deal, everyone will also have been hearing nice things about you and will have inherently wanted to like you (because they're happy for your bf) so you could have got away with much worse.

Don't worry about it :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by dean01234
I'd probably restrain from sharing it with people you've just met in the future. But one thing that I've come to realize is that people attach nowhere near as much weight to things that you say as you do. I really doubt that she really thought it was a big deal, everyone will also have been hearing nice things about you and will have inherently wanted to like you (because they're happy for your bf) so you could have got away with much worse.

Don't worry about it :smile:

Thank you so much for the reassurance, I'll try not to feel guilty about it in future, and not drink as much alcohol either 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending