The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Is it worth going to the Applicant Open Day?

Is it worth going to the applicant open day, as it would require myself to shuffle A few things around - I have been to the talks a few times over the last 2 years for ordinary open days, met the tutors and toured the facilities as well as been to the accommodation of which I know which one to apply for - is it still worth going? I'm studying Psychology btw
Original post by lauren-s
Is it worth going to the applicant open day, as it would require myself to shuffle A few things around - I have been to the talks a few times over the last 2 years for ordinary open days, met the tutors and toured the facilities as well as been to the accommodation of which I know which one to apply for - is it still worth going? I'm studying Psychology btw

Hi lauren-s,

The applicant open days are much more course focused than the general open days. There will be a psychology talk that day which will go in much more depth than at the general open day, and you will have the opportunity to look around the psychology labs. The applicant open days are really useful for applicants who might not have decided which uni to firm, who have any questions about the course/uni, or have not had the chance to visit the uni yet.

As you have said that you have been to a couple of open days and have already met the tutors and toured the facilities already. I would advise not to cancel your plans, unless you are not 100% confident in your decision.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi lauren-s,

The applicant open days are much more course focused than the general open days. There will be a psychology talk that day which will go in much more depth than at the general open day, and you will have the opportunity to look around the psychology labs. The applicant open days are really useful for applicants who might not have decided which uni to firm, who have any questions about the course/uni, or have not had the chance to visit the uni yet.

As you have said that you have been to a couple of open days and have already met the tutors and toured the facilities already. I would advise not to cancel your plans, unless you are not 100% confident in your decision.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen :smile:

Thanks for replying - i should've mentioned that I accepted the offer must've slipped my mind.I actually accepted NTUs offer recently as I was happy with the course and the accommodation choice - I was wondering if there would be any taster sessions or similar for psychology.

Thanks
Original post by lauren-s
Hi Ellen :smile:

Thanks for replying - i should've mentioned that I accepted the offer must've slipped my mind.I actually accepted NTUs offer recently as I was happy with the course and the accommodation choice - I was wondering if there would be any taster sessions or similar for psychology.

Thanks

Hi lauren-s,

I have had a look at the next open day guide for your course, and I don't believe there is a taster session for your course! I'll link you below to where I found the guide, so you can look at it and see whether it's worth you going.

Offer holder open day programme

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending