The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Because I've seen you around and I see how you just bash people and it eventually turns into that...

I don't bash people and it never turns into propaganda.

People who want to be hateful and spread harmful, toxic, opinions call it freedom of speech. Somebody spreading acceptance and respect for people who love the same gender is called 'a propagandist'. What a joke.

Seriously, it amazes me how much of an issue people have with somebody because they love another man or another woman, it's actually confusing to me.
What's your problem Bernie?

You

and your hatred
Original post by ivybridge
I don't bash people and it never turns into propaganda.

People who want to be hateful and spread harmful, toxic, opinions call it freedom of speech. Somebody spreading acceptance and respect for people who love the same gender is called 'a propagandist'. What a joke.

Seriously, it amazes me how much of an issue people have with somebody because they love another man or another woman, it's actually confusing to me.

Yes, you bash people.

1) You called the guys on this thread childish (name calling)
2) You patronised me as if I'm stupid (asking if I know the definition of proproganda)
3) Telling me to grow up

All 3 of those were uncalled for and you could've made your points without resorting to petty remarks.
And this thread started off so harmless...

Arguments are inevitable it seems :rolleyes:
Yes, you bash people.

1) You called the guys on this thread childish (name calling)
2) You patronised me as if I'm stupid (asking if I know the definition of proproganda)
3) Telling me to grow up

All 3 of those were uncalled for and you could've made your points without resorting to petty remarks.

If you say so mate.

1). Childish isn't name calling - if you are acting childish, I can validly say you are childish. To me, it is childish to quiver and cry because somebody else finds you attractive. Especially when most of the guys commenting here would probably go to a club and harass magnitudes of women if they could because sadly that is what Western teenagers think is acceptable, manly and 'cool'.
2). If you use propaganda wrongly then of course I will assume you don't actually know what it means.
3). What's the problem with that? You're being immature, hence I refer to you as such.

They're highly called for actually because they are all apt in relation to what is being said. "petty remarks" says the one condoning bigotry. :borat:

Oh and by the way: don't call me petty :cry2:

:lol:
Serious arguments starts only when certain people come around :lol:

Or when people respond toxically to pretty harmless, fair, substantiated comments.
Yes disgusted and frankly quite harassing
Or when people respond toxically to pretty harmless, fair, substantiated comments.

This isn't the society section. I'm not going to do heavy arguments on the issues. I'm just doing a superficial overview of opinions. Obviously if you come hard at people like you're doing a big argument is going to ensue and the thread would be ruined.
Original post by Lawliettt
"I'd turn 360 degrees and walk away" - my friend, ladies and gentlemen. He wasn't even joking lmao

You know that would mean you turned round in a circle (looking silly) and then walk into him lmao
Reply 69
Original post by Zenomorph

Try again.
Original post by TheALevelStudent
You know that would mean you turned round in a circle (looking silly) and then walk into him lmao

I was wondering if I alone noticed this 😂
Original post by elen90
Try again.

What do you mean?
This isn't the society section. I'm not going to do heavy arguments on the issues. I'm just doing a superficial overview of opinions. Obviously if you come hard at people like you're doing a big argument is going to ensue and the thread would be ruined.

Your thread was ruined from the word "go" because people are always offensive on issues like this because half of those who come to comment haven't quite grown up. You induced an argument - not me. I threw a couple of sentences out there and you decided to go on about 'propaganda' which is quite frankly the biggest load of tripe I have heard in a long time.

If you don't want a row, don't continue to try and get one. I'm quite comfortable 'arguing' around this issue - it means a lot to me. As such, I'm not sitting silently. Don't fuel the 'debate' if you don't want it.
Original post by Zenomorph

Pretty sad to be honest...
Original post by TheALevelStudent

Literally the first thing I thought when I read it :lol:
Serious arguments starts only when certain people come around :lol:

I'm on @ivybridge's side here, his comments that a large number of posters on this thread had very childish attitudes was very valid and I completely agree. Would've made them myself if I'd got here before :P

Your comment about this "becoming a gay propaganda outlet" was way more out of line than anything Ivy said.

I've noticed other comments you make are often rather condescending and thoughtless, so maybe just take a moment before you make your posts? You seem like a decent guy sometimes, so try and stay that way :/

Just keep it cool and stop instigating arguments, man :yep:
Reply 76
How come?

Actually i only get annoyed if they continue to pester and stare at me.
I do not like men staring at me, camp voices annoy me.
This happened at a shop i was buying clothes and these 2 gay dudes kept acting strange for some reason around me.
I was looking at some clothes then they both came over to pretend to look at the clothes while looking at me and smiling.
I kept cool though.
Please don't tell me you're gay.
I have been several times, I just find it flattering tbh. Dunno why it'd weird people out.
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
I'm on @ivybridge's side here, his comments that a large number of posters on this thread had very childish attitudes was very valid and I completely agree. Would've made them myself if I'd got here before :P

Your comment about this "becoming a gay propaganda outlet" was way more out of line than anything Ivy said.

I've noticed other comments you make are often rather condescending and thoughtless, so maybe just take a moment before you make your posts? You seem like a decent guy sometimes, so try and stay that way :/

Just keep it cool and stop instigating arguments, man :yep:

:hugs:

:borat:

:smile:
Your thread was ruined from the word "go" because people are always offensive on issues like this because half of those who come to comment haven't quite grown up. You induced an argument - not me. I threw a couple of sentences out there and you decided to go on about 'propaganda' which is quite frankly the biggest load of tripe I have heard in a long time.

If you don't want a row, don't continue to try and get one. I'm quite comfortable 'arguing' around this issue - it means a lot to me. As such, I'm not sitting silently. Don't fuel the 'debate' if you don't want it.

Oh please, you were fueling the debate all by yourself when you started bashing others as soon as you entered the thread. But I'm done responding to you though and I hope everyone else is too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending