The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheALevelStudent
You know that would mean you turned round in a circle (looking silly) and then walk into him lmao

Exactly lol
Reply 81
Original post by Zenomorph
What do you mean?

I mean try re-writing a sentence that makes sense, and perhaps this time flesh it out a bit more to provide a reasoned argument for why you'd feel disgusted and harassed.
Original post by HmmIsIt
Actually i only get annoyed if they continue to pester and stare at me.
I do not like men staring at me, camp voices annoy me.
This happened at a shop i was buying clothes and these 2 gay dudes kept acting strange for some reason around me.
I was looking at some clothes then they both came over to pretend to look at the clothes while looking at me and smiling.
I kept cool though.
Please don't tell me you're gay.

Would it matter if I'm gay? Oh you mean because I'm "staring" at your avatar? 😂
I'm not.....
Original post by ivybridge
Pretty sad to be honest...

No it's not. Perfectly natural
Society today:

"Look, someone disagrees with me, quick insult them"
No it's not. Perfectly natural

Nah, @WoodyMKC's response is perfectly natural lmfao - aka, you just don't care unless they're getting in your face, being intrusive or harassing you. If somebody complimenting you or looking at you freaks you out then you're much more 'O.T.T' than any 'camp' gay guy who might be giving you the eye lmfao.
Original post by elen90
I mean try re-writing a sentence that makes sense, and perhaps this time flesh it out a bit more to provide a reasoned argument for why you'd feel disgusted and harassed.

No need to be aggressive.

It's the same way a woman feels when she gates unwanted male attention, I would suppose.
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Society today:

"Look, someone disagrees with me, quick insult them"

No, society today:

"Oh look, somebody being loving, tolerant and positive - lets bash them for trying to change our views because we're that insecure! However, we disagree and want to spread harmful and toxic comments but that's okay because that is totally what free speech means."

It's the same way a woman feels when she gates unwanted male attention, I would suppose.

The difference is most girls are used to being cat-called every day and having guys try to pursue them to get in their knickers. Lmfao. But no seriously, fair point but I don't think your average girl looks at it as in "eww, I'm being complimented", many will probably be thinking "yes, I know what you want and you aren't having it now piss off."
Reply 89
Original post by ivybridge
"It takes two to tango."

I already said having a debate on this issue does not at all bother me - you are fuelling it by replying but don't want an argument whereas I don't actually care whether it is fuelled or not and as such, I reply. I didn't bash anybody, I made valid points. If people want to be silly little children about this issue then they should expect to be criticised as such. Like look at @HmmIsIt - he can't deal with two people looking at him and smiling like seriously, what ****ing deranged planet do we live on?

@WoodyMKC is one of the only heterosexual users to actually act his damn age.

Listen mate, i don't like men staring at me.
If they stare, i assume they want hands.
Original post by HmmIsIt
Listen mate, i don't like men staring at me.
If they stare, i assume they want hands.

And you thought I'd actually benefit from reading this piece of repetition because...? My point remains and perhaps you shouldn't flatter yourself and make assumptions.
Reply 91
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Would it matter if I'm gay? Oh you mean because I'm "staring" at your avatar? 😂
I'm not.....

I don't really care if you're gay.
Was just curious.
Horny.
Original post by HmmIsIt
I don't really care if you're gay.
Was just curious.

I find it hard to believe that people are staring you down like you're some sort of model lol
Original post by HmmIsIt
Blah blah blah, utter bullsht from that mouth.
You sound like a little but swollen kid. Come on, what is your point?

Now I sound like the child? Really? Pal, you can't handle somebody pointing their eyes in your direction, don't talk to me about immaturity. If you cannot gather my point by now then you just confirm everything I have already said. Now be careful, don't become rude because you're being challenged, "keep cool" just like you did when The Gays looked at you with their rainbow vision. Lmfao.
Reply 95

It wasn't my intention to seem aggressive, and I apologise. I simply wanted to see some reasoning behind the vague 'it would disgust me' posts, which this thread is riddled with.

I can understand that, but I think the average response of a woman is to initially feel complimented rather than distressed. If the guy hitting on you becomes more aggressive or persistent, regardless of your gender, of course it's normal to feel antagonised and you'd do well to tell them to... go elsewhere.

But I doubt that this is the case for many of the posters here. They would be sickened not because they feel threatened or annoyed, not because they don't enjoy flirting, but because they are being hit on by a gay/bi male.
Reply 96
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
I find it hard to believe that people are staring you down like you're some sort of model lol

Me too.
Tell them not me, i would love for gay guys to leave me alone.
Original post by HmmIsIt
Me too.

Maybe they were laughing at you? 😳
Original post by HmmIsIt
Me too.

Watch out bro, the queer army marches towards you as we speak.

Lmao.
Flattered, I mean somebody finds you attractive, why would you be angry or something?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending