The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Now I sound like the child? Really? Pal, you can't handle somebody pointing their eyes in your direction, don't talk to me about immaturity. If you cannot gather my point by now then you just confirm everything I have already said. Now be careful, don't become rude because you're being challenged, "keep cool" just like you did when The Gays looked at you with their rainbow vision. Lmfao.

You sound like you're about to cry, giving me long responses with absolute worthless information.
Gather your point? I really can't, because nothing you have said makes any sense at all.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Horny.

:lolwut: and you're straight?
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
If being disgusted/weirded out was your first reaction have you considered why that might be?

Some may say it's because you don't want others to think that homosexuality is associated with you. True or false?

Lol I feel flattered! They can look but they can't touch
Original post by Lord Samosa
Flattered, I mean somebody finds you attractive, why would you be angry or something?

Original post by JavaScriptMaster

Original post by whydoidothis?
I got asked out once by a guy in person, i knew it was coming.My reaction: (smiled) 'sorry bro I don't swing that way'.

Original post by XMaramena
It's only happened a couple of times, but I'm flattered. I politely say thank you but I'm not gay, we have a quick laugh about it then they move on to probably re-assess the room and try someone else. I'm certainly not "physically sick" as the first responder said.

Original post by Tootles
I don't see why anyone should be disgusted or anything, just because they like you doesn't mean they are going to sleep with you. I just means they'd maybe like to. In which case it's just the same as if you got hit on by an unattractive member of the opposite sex.That's how I've dealt with it when it's happened to me.

Another five to join @WoodyMKC :woo:
(edited 8 years ago)
Maybe they were laughing at you? 😳

If i sound vain, forgive me because I'm not.
However, please stop trying to throw insults at me through the internet.
The difference is most girls are used to being cat-called every day and having guys try to pursue them to get in their knickers. Lmfao. But no seriously, fair point but I don't think your average girl looks at it as in "eww, I'm being complimented", many will probably be thinking "yes, I know what you want and you aren't having it now piss off."

I certainly don't think I'm being complimented, I'm totally grossed out and it feels as if my privacy is being attacked / invaded. Indeed I think "yes, I know what you want and you aren't having it now piss off ", but I'll never get used to it. And I notice of late the are getting more aggressive.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Flattered, I mean somebody finds you attractive, why would you be angry or something?

Yeah,why would you be. I thought you were gay though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmmIsIt
You sound like you're about to cry, giving me long responses with absolute worthless information.
Gather your point? I really can't, because nothing you have said makes any sense at all.

So why are you angry buddy? :smile:

I'm actually laughing, I'm not close to tears in the slightest.

I could say the same for you mate, "oh my god, gay people have eyes - ****" that is basically all you have said.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster

That's how I feel right now looking at your picture 😂
Original post by Zenomorph
I certainly don't think I'm being complimented, I'm totally grossed out and it feels as if my privacy is being attacked / invaded. Indeed I think "yes, I know what you want and you aren't having it now piss off ", but I'll never get used to it. And I notice of late the are getting more aggressive.

It seems like you have some deep-rooted personal issues to resolve, pal.

I can understand in the case of aggressive persistence.
:lolwut: and you're straight?

Yeah. A suckie is a suckie.
So why are you angry buddy? :smile:

I'm actually laughing, I'm not close to tears in the slightest.

I could say the same for you mate, "oh my god, gay people have eyes - ****" that is basically all you have said.

Keep telling yourself that.
Original post by Zenomorph

Your privacy? If you don't want people propositioning you, you can stay inside your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmmIsIt
Keep telling yourself that.

Will do buddy - keep being scared of eyes :smile:.
Original post by Nameless Ghoul
Yeah. A suckie is a suckie.

Lol okay...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If being disgusted/weirded out was your first reaction have you considered why that might be?

Some may say it's because you don't want others to think that homosexuality is associated with you. True or false?

I've been weirded out before, but that's because of how I literally didn't know the guys and they were being very touchy with me, not something I am used to.
Original post by elen90
It wasn't my intention to seem aggressive, and I apologise. I simply wanted to see some reasoning behind the vague 'it would disgust me' posts, which this thread is riddled with.

I can understand that, but I think the average response of a woman is to initially feel complimented rather than distressed. If the guy hitting on you becomes more aggressive or persistent, regardless of your gender, of course it's normal to feel antagonised and you'd do well to tell them to... go elsewhere.

But I doubt that this is the case for many of the posters here. They would be sickened not because they feel threatened or annoyed, not because they don't enjoy flirting, but because they are being hit on by a gay/bi male.

It doesn't quite work in the same way as it does with a male - female interaction because generally ( and you can confirm this ? ) you can see it coming.

When gays/ bis approach straight guys, you don't , at least I don't assume when a man is starting a conversation with me that he is trying to pick me up. So when the true intention is revealed and normally the delivery is direct and aggressive, I think it is natural to feel offended and kind of harassed,

So a straight guy doesn't really have the time to feel complimented.
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've been weirded out before, but that's because of how I literally didn't know the guys and they were being very touchy with me, not something I am used to.

Touching is out of line. I wouldn't even like it if guys came up to me and started touching me without my say so.
I got asked out once by a guy in person, i knew it was coming.
My reaction: (smiled) 'sorry bro I don't swing that way'.
Yeah,why would you be. I thought you were gay though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool ffs, I'm not gay :lol:

Quick Reply