The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lord Samosa
Loool ffs, I'm not gay :lol:

I have no idea why anybody assumes you are :s-smilie:
It's only happened a couple of times, but I'm flattered. I politely say thank you but I'm not gay, we have a quick laugh about it then they move on to probably re-assess the room and try someone else. I'm certainly not "physically sick" as the first responder said.
Original post by ivybridge
Touching is out of line. I wouldn't even like it if guys came up to me and started touching me without my say so.

Yeah, I've never been physically hit on by I girl like that but I once went to a club (it was gay night but I'm not actually gay, one of my friends is a lesbian and really wanted to go but anyways) and these men who were like so old looking would start grabbing me by the wrist, pulling me.

I've honestly never hit on anyone in that way, and these guys were older than my parents!

I would've at least been flattered if they were closer to my age and looked a bit more normal.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dinasaurus
I've been weirded out before, but that's because of how I literally didn't know the guys and they were being very touchy with me, not something I am used to.

I understand that. Strangers stopping you in the street is weird af. Like one time this old dude (like 45) was trying to get me to have lunch with him and I was 17 at the time and I even said I was! Made no difference! I was beyond weirded out.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Your privacy? If you don't want people propositioning you, you can stay inside your house.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're going to make a thread asking about how people feel about homo's hitting on you., atleast respect what he has to say.
Instead of shooting insults at responses that don't paint oceans and waterfalls for your eyes.
I don't see why anyone should be disgusted or anything, just because they like you doesn't mean they are going to sleep with you. I just means they'd maybe like to. In which case it's just the same as if you got hit on by an unattractive member of the opposite sex.

That's how I've dealt with it when it's happened to me.
Original post by Lord Samosa
Loool ffs, I'm not gay :lol:

Haha I'm sorry.
I understand that. Strangers stopping you in the street is weird af. Like one time this old dude (like 45) was trying to get me to have lunch with him and I was 17 at the time and I even said I was! Made no difference! I was beyond weirded out.

Yeah I think I was more weirded out by the age than the gender, I think someone 45+ hitting on someone half their age is creepy no matter the gender.
Yeah, I've never been physically hit on by I girl like that but I once went to a club (it was gay night but I'm not actually gay, one of my friends is a lesbian and really wanted to go but anyways) and these men who were like so old looking would start grabbing me by the wrist, pulling me.

I've honestly never hit on anyone in that way, and these guys were older than my parents!

I would've at least been flattered if they were closer to my age and looked a bit more normal.

Welcome to gay clubs/gay events at pubs or whatever. I have been to a couple of gay clubs and I hate them but then again, 'normal' clubs are full of married men trying to pull young girls to sleep with... I guess it's the same the other way around.
Original post by whydoidothis?
I got asked out once by a guy in person, i knew it was coming.
My reaction: (smiled) 'sorry bro I don't swing that way'.

What a story. You're like Tennyson or something. Are you related?
It seems like you have some deep-rooted personal issues to resolve, pal.

I can understand in the case of aggressive persistence.

I think you're BSing, perfectly natural for anyone male or female to have a negative reaction to unwanted sexual attention.
Original post by Tootles
I don't see why anyone should be disgusted or anything, just because they like you doesn't mean they are going to sleep with you. I just means they'd maybe like to. In which case it's just the same as if you got hit on by an unattractive member of the opposite sex.

That's how I've dealt with it when it's happened to me.

This.

Although I could see someone being a little weirded out if they were being really touchy feely, stroking your face and grabbing your arse and stuff. That being said, it could be equally offputting with someone not attracted to from your preferred gender.

I wonder,
Gay guys, how do you feel when a girl hits on you?
Welcome to gay clubs/gay events at pubs or whatever. I have been to a couple of gay clubs and I hate them but then again, 'normal' clubs are full of married men trying to pull young girls to sleep with... I guess it's the same the other way around.

Yeah my family friends were just like "Now you know what we go through" but my male friends found it hilarious.
i take it as a compliment.

I wouldnt take it anywhere (same as when a woman im not attracted to chats me up) but its nice to be appreciated :biggrin:
Original post by Zenomorph
I think you're BSing, perfectly natural for anyone male or female to have a negative reaction to unwanted sexual attention.

Yes, but somebody complimenting you or looking at you isn't really 'unwanted sexual attention', lmfao. If they start touching you or trying to get something off of you (sexually), then yes, such a reaction is justified.
Yeah my family friends were just like "Now you know what we go through" but my male friends found it hilarious.

I remember going to one when I was 16 - still don't know how I got in but anyway - and I had like 40 year old men trying to get me to sleep with them and even 30 year olds trying to grind up against me... no. Go away. Lmao
Well there's therapy for that. We must get rid of that hate.

Its not really hate i dont think, just not a fan of riding the helmet
Original post by XMaramena
This.

Although I could see someone being a little weirded out if they were being really touchy feely, stroking your face and grabbing your arse and stuff. That being said, it could be equally offputting with someone not attracted to from your preferred gender.

I wonder,
Gay guys, how do you feel when a girl hits on you?

I answered this earlier but: it really does not bother me. I just think it's cute and I'm like, yeah, sorry I don't swing that way and the conversation just shifts to something else. It has never been an issue.
Yes, but somebody complimenting you or looking at you isn't really 'unwanted sexual attention', lmfao. If they start touching you or trying to get something off of you (sexually), then yes, such a reaction is justified.

Total bs, unwanted attention is unwanted attention, stop trying to justify gay sexual harassment.
I answered this earlier but: it really does not bother me. I just think it's cute and I'm like, yeah, sorry I don't swing that way and the conversation just shifts to something else. It has never been an issue.

...god I came up with a phrase for bi people a bit like that "swing the other way" type thing. Can't remember it now. damn! It was really good too :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending