The Student Room Group

Straight guys..how do you feel when a gay/bi guy hits on you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ivybridge
Worryingly, yes... he annoys the hell out of me though.

I do agree he can play it up a little too much for the cameras sometimes, when he doesn't really need to. It's like he's trying to outshine judge judy, but just tries too hard.
Original post by XMaramena
I do agree he can play it up a little too much for the cameras sometimes, when he doesn't really need to. It's like he's trying to outshine judge judy, but just tries too hard.

His voice does my head in...
Original post by Asuna Yuuki
I'm on @ivybridge's side here, his comments that a large number of posters on this thread had very childish attitudes was very valid and I completely agree. Would've made them myself if I'd got here before :P

Your comment about this "becoming a gay propaganda outlet" was way more out of line than anything Ivy said.

I've noticed other comments you make are often rather condescending and thoughtless, so maybe just take a moment before you make your posts? You seem like a decent guy sometimes, so try and stay that way :/

Just keep it cool and stop instigating arguments, man :yep:

He's having a huge argument with half the thread. This is what I didn't want. But that's what you agree with.

You're funny you know that? In a few keystrokes you say I'M CONDESCENDING and then in a few others you proceed to say that I'm thoughtless. And you say I'm instigating arguments? Oh, the Irony!
I've asked out two straight guys thus far at uni. To be fair I didn't know they were straight and I had this feeling that they weren't. Both of them had to mention they were straight after I asked them out. One of them even apologised because he knew I had a bit of interest in him. He didn't have to, it wasn't anyone's fault!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Homophobia is hatred - you said you are homophobic, as such, it really is hate. A lot of gay men themselves don't like "riding the helmet" as you put it.

Social justice warriors unite!!!!
Original post by heineken
Social justice warriors unite!!!!

Right... I would have said "people with common decency unite" but whatever floats your 'I want to sound intelligent' little boat.
Original post by BWV1007
I've asked out two straight guys thus far at uni. To be fair I didn't know they were straight and I had this feeling that they weren't. Both of them had to mention they were straight after I asked them out. One of them even apologised because he knew I had a bit of interest in him. He didn't have to, it wasn't anyone's fault!

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I think that is just it. You don't know someone is straight or gay by just looking at them, you can only make assumptions and this is why people shouldn't be annoyed are weirded out by it.
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
He's having a huge argument with half the thread. This is what I didn't want

Can I just ask dude, what exactly did you want from this thread if you don't want people discussing their points of view? Surely people are allowed to disagree with each other? Frankly I think you've just made yourself look like the childish one with comments like 'gay propaganda' etc. I'm a neutral, but either you want a discussion, or you don't. You can't want a discussion only if it agrees with you.

As for your original question, what's the difference between a guy hitting on a straight person, and a girl they're not interested in hitting on them? Aren't they the same thing?
Right... I would have said "people with common decency unite" but whatever floats your 'I want to sound intelligent' little boat.

Stop triggering me.
Original post by JBLondon
Can I just ask dude, what exactly did you want from this thread if you don't want people discussing their points of view? Surely people are allowed to disagree with each other? Frankly I think you've just made yourself look like the childish one with comments like 'gay propaganda' etc. I'm a neutral, but either you want a discussion, or you don't. You can't want a discussion only if it agrees with you.

As for your original question, what's the difference between a guy hitting on a straight person, and a girl they're not interested in hitting on them? Aren't they the same thing?

You say that you're neutral but then you clearly take a side, his side. But okay...

No, I didn't want him in particular it's not just anybody I targeted, it's him, he's the problem. He just insults and degrades people with his comments and acts all superior to them like he's on the moral high horse or something.

And I don't think there should be any difference but clearly guys feel that there is one.
You say that you're neutral but then you clearly take a side, his side. But okay...

No, I didn't want him in particular it's not just anybody I targeted, it's him, he's the problem. He just insults and degrades people with his comments and acts all superior to them like he's on the moral high horse or something.

And I don't think there should be any difference but clearly guys feel that there is one.

That's probably because what I'm saying is pretty valid and you're just rabbiting on about unsubstantiated rubbish.

Mate, be fair. I didn't insult anybody and you targeted me? Then you really are quite immature. You can't use that 'moral high horse' cop out if all I am doing is saying being petty and grossed out by a display of affection, when it does not encroach on your personal space and whatnot, is sad.

Then you're not even on the opposite page to me so why are you arguing with me? You're just itching for a bit of a row, clearly.

I haven't taken anyone's side; I'm not 8 years old in the playground. You called someone childish, I'm simply pointing out that what you said yourself was childish.
If being disgusted/weirded out was your first reaction have you considered why that might be?

Some may say it's because you don't want others to think that homosexuality is associated with you. True or false?

It's what girls go through in nightclubs, getting fingered, molested, touched up by horny desperate boys.

Posted from TSR Mobile
To be honest, I think that is just it. You don't know someone is straight or gay by just looking at them, you can only make assumptions and this is why people shouldn't be annoyed are weirded out by it.

Erm you can. Some mince about like ****. Yes a few heterosexuals are camp but you can tell a gay man just as you can a lesbian with the stereotypical butch look

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Erm you can. Some mince about like ****. Yes a few heterosexuals are camp but you can tell a gay man just as you can a lesbian with the stereotypical butch look

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you can't. You can assume. Metrosexual and campness are associated with but not traits of, homosexuality.
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are gay men you wouldn't know are gay unless they told you. True story.
There are gay men you wouldn't know are gay unless they told you. True story.

Yes but they are very few from my experience. If you look at Alan Carr, most gays fit this stereotype. Hence why we see so many on TV so perception is all gays are this way. Unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Yes but they are very few from my experience. If you look at Alan Carr, most gays fit this stereotype. Hence why we see so many on TV so perception is all gays are this way. Unfortunately.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually I really don't think they do... I think that's just because they're the ones you know about and otherwise, people assume you are heterosexual. From my experience, fewer are that camp. Most gay people I have met can't stand the stereotype.
OP please take your homophobic agenda where it's not needed. This is what I meant in the previous thread. You open your mouth and give it big and then ass lick when people can't up on you. Everywhere I look you're being either rude to someone,hurtful or just simply offensive. Think before you post! If youre full of insecurities,don't take them out on other people.
No, you can't. You can assume. Metrosexual and campness are associated with but not traits of, homosexuality.

Metrosexuality are not mannerisms. The majority of effeminate men (bar a handful) are homosexuals. Ever been to a pride? Self explantory. Majority are camp. Not a negative but associations to campness are seen as negative.

That Sean guy from Corrie, he gets (admitted) he gets continuous abuse from other non camp gays for how effiminate he is in his portrayal of gays and how he's taking homosexuality to the 60/70's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending