The Student Room Group

German Cafes Stop Selling Pork Sausages to Spare Muslim Refugees' Feelings

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joecphillips
And the bakery refused to sell a product

Well, no. It would have sold a cake. It refused to put a particular message on it. It refused a service, not a product.
Original post by queen-bee
People love using Muslims and ethnic minorities as scape goats for everything negative they hear about. Your post is spot on!

It's not exactly undue blame or scapegoating when the products were specifically being stopped for muslims.
Original post by MildredMalone
It's not exactly undue blame or scapegoating when the products were specifically being stopped for muslims.

Surely it's the choice of the shop owner/business owner what they do with their own cafe?
It's wrong but a good business decision. If they sell halal to the muslim refugees they'll make much more money considering how many of them are arriving daily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh it would be a wonderful gesture if our cafés stopped selling bacon sarnies; it would show these people that they are welcome here.
Original post by the bear
tbh it would be a wonderful gesture if our cafés stopped selling bacon sarnies; it would show these people that they are welcome here.

Perhaps clothes shops could be persuaded to sell only long dresses, and to eliminate swimming costumes, clothes with short sleeves and short skirts. Off-licences and bars could switch to selling soft drinks and bitter coffee, while the law could be changed to allow Kalashnikovs to be sold to facilitate on-street celebration of birthdays by firing bullets into the air. The resulting small number of deaths and injuries would be a small price to pay to show how welcoming we are to the incomers, eh?
I wonder what Hitler would have to say about all this carry on
Original post by karl pilkington
I wonder what Hitler would have to say about all this carry on

Why? Are you stuck in a time-warp in the second quarter of the twentieth century?
Original post by Good bloke
Why? Are you stuck in a time-warp in the second quarter of the twentieth century?

no I just studied him a lot for GCSE and then again for A level so I think about him
Perhaps clothes shops could be persuaded to sell only long dresses, and to eliminate swimming costumes, clothes with short sleeves and short skirts. Off-licences and bars could switch to selling soft drinks and bitter coffee, while the law could be changed to allow Kalashnikovs to be sold to facilitate on-street celebration of birthdays by firing bullets into the air. The resulting small number of deaths and injuries would be a small price to pay to show how welcoming we are to the incomers, eh?

:five:

:fuhrer:

and of course our ISPs should immediately cease allowing people to view idle amusements and profanity.
OP is so retarded it hurts, businesses/caterers making a corporate decision to stop selling pork to secure contracts/sales in their areas which likely have a high proportion of muslims, excellent opportunity to make more profit (like halal subways,kfcs and nandos). But nah this is erosion of european values.
You appear to be trying to ignore the fact that the report says that the businesses themselves have said that they made their decision because of the Moslems.

How's this different to KFC and Subway using halal meat over here though?
A lot of you seem to forget that whether shops are entitled to do this, and whether we agree with their descision to do so, are very different things.

Nobody is saying shops should be forced to sell pork, but that it is a poor choice to do so. And as much you can hand wave that its capitalism, if cafes are doing this, it would suggest islam has more capital weight than its small population entails.
Original post by KimKallstrom
How's this different to KFC and Subway using halal meat over here though?

It isn't. I deplore such companies pandering to superstitious sensibilities, especially if they fail to offer the non-superstitious a proper, humane alternative when doing so. making halal meat the default or only option is a disgrace.
Original post by Farm_Ecology
if cafes are doing this, it would suggest islam has more capital weight than its small population entails.

There are other possibilities. Those places could have been approached and threatened, for instance.
So long as I can still get my Eisbein and Currywurst I don't particularly care.
Reply 56
Maybe it is a purely business decision
There are other possibilities. Those places could have been approached and threatened, for instance.

I suppose what i meant is that they more apparent economic power than they should have. Which might come about from intimidation or fear.
Original post by TeeEm
Maybe it is a purely business decision

Of course it is; after all, the migrants are the fast becoming a sizeable demographic in Germany.

The 'migrant crisis' has been going on longer than a year; there must be over 2 million recent migrants in Germany (1.1 million in 2015, and hundreds of thousands from 2012 onwards), and it'll be larger when they bring their families and friends over. Businesses would be stupid to ignore this.
(edited 8 years ago)
So if i come to your house and am offended by your cat you should kick it out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending