The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths - Integrated psychology BSc (with foundation year) Sept 2016

Hi! Anybody else starting Integrated Psychology BSc in September 2016?
I might be
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by cvntcvntcvnt
I might be

Cool, have they made you an offer yet? I accepted my offer today - very exciting. are you a mature student?
Yeah got an offer, it's my first choice without having been to any open days but can't accept yet as I'm still awaiting decisions.

Congrats, especially on getting sorted and firmed this early. I'm mature yeah, only by a couple years mind so I'm conflicted over identifying as "mature" haha.

You moving down or commuting?
Reply 4
ah nice one, congrats! I received one other offer from London Met and one other rejection from Goldsmiths for another course, then decided to withdraw my other 2 offers because Goldy's is my top choice by miles, plus I didn't want to waste their time or take up a space which could go to somebody else.

there's no doubt about my mature status being in the over 25 bracket! a late bloomer you could say, but so excited to get started. I will be moving for sure, how about you?
That's great and very thoughtful of you haha; well nice to chat to someone that I'll be on the course with. What other course did you apply for?

I'm excited too, and we're very lucky that we've got all this time to get prepared. I'm moving too so will probably end up applying for Loring.

Is there a Facebook group or anything? You going to the psychology applicant day in April by any chance?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Hey guys! Congrats on being accepted! I'm really interested in joining this course, at Goldsmiths too, but have a few questions! I'm turning 20 in March and without A levels or equivalent, could I still be accepted? I'm sure they'd be reading my personal statement with an inspectors eye lol.
I do have my 5 gcse's however.
& how was your application? Was it quick, involve any interviews or was it all completed online? May have more questions but these are the main ones for now, look forward to a reply, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 7
That's great and very thoughtful of you haha; well nice to chat to someone that I'll be on the course with. What other course did you apply for?

I'm excited too, and we're very lucky that we've got all this time to get prepared. I'm moving too so will probably end up applying for Loring.

Is there a Facebook group or anything? You going to the psychology applicant day in April by any chance?

Hey, sorry! I thought I had replied to you ages ago. I alsoapplied for Psychology with Forensic Psychology BSc at Goldy's, which was amassive long shot since I didn't have the qualifications. I also applied forPsychology BSc and Psychology & Sociology BSc at London Met; both were metwith an unconditional offer on their Social Sciences and Humanities Extended(integrated) Degree. How about you?

I haven't had a look for any FB groups yet, and am not surewhether I can make the open days. what are the dates again? I'll have to bunk off and travel up if I go.

Have you accepted any offer yet?
Reply 8
Original post by TommyVN
Hey guys! Congrats on being accepted! I'm really interested in joining this course, at Goldsmiths too, but have a few questions! I'm turning 20 in March and without A levels or equivalent, could I still be accepted? I'm sure they'd be reading my personal statement with an inspectors eye lol.
I do have my 5 gcse's however.
& how was your application? Was it quick, involve any interviews or was it all completed online? May have more questions but these are the main ones for now, look forward to a reply, thanks! :biggrin:

The application process wasn't long at all really, I applied around 13th January and was contacted by Goldsmiths within a week or so askingme to complete a short piece of written work. The deadline was pretty tight for this (I think it was a week), especially working full time but once I submitted the piece of written work I received an offer by 3rd Feb.

So all in all the process took about 3 weeks. wow! writing this down I have realised for the first time how fast that was - at the time it felt like about 6 weeks of painful waiting!

Anyways, I applied just having GCSE's and catering NVQ's so I would definitely say go for it! The course seems really open to none-conventional academic backgrounds. My advice would be to make sure your P-Stat is solid and super passionate, and really pour everything you've got into any assignment they give you (for me this involved bunking off work and hiding in the library for 3 days solid).

Good Luck!
I have also applied for psychology with a foundation year at goldsmiths, but didn't get a decision yet. Middlesex and Hull gave me unconditional offers, still waiting for goldsmiths. Hope that's not a bad sign..

Update: I got accepted!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jex1
ah nice one, congrats! I received one other offer from London Met and one other rejection from Goldsmiths for another course, then decided to withdraw my other 2 offers because Goldy's is my top choice by miles, plus I didn't want to waste their time or take up a space which could go to somebody else.

there's no doubt about my mature status being in the over 25 bracket! a late bloomer you could say, but so excited to get started. I will be moving for sure, how about you?

Hi there,

Congrats on your offer. Let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information. We'd be happy to help!

Kyle :smile:
Original post by Jex1
Hey, sorry! I thought I had replied to you ages ago. I alsoapplied for Psychology with Forensic Psychology BSc at Goldy's, which was amassive long shot since I didn't have the qualifications. I also applied forPsychology BSc and Psychology & Sociology BSc at London Met; both were metwith an unconditional offer on their Social Sciences and Humanities Extended(integrated) Degree. How about you?

I haven't had a look for any FB groups yet, and am not surewhether I can make the open days. what are the dates again? I'll have to bunk off and travel up if I go.

Have you accepted any offer yet?

I feel like this whole application process has been a long shot if I'm honest, I feel like I can admit that now I know I have unconditional offers haha. I applied to Durham,and Goldsmiths and got offers and these are what I'm choosing between (still to see these as I haven't been able to make any of the open days) I was offered an interview at West London but thinking about withdrawing.

I think in terms of open days it's a case of ring and arrange a visit or Goldsmiths do a virtual open day I think too. There is a psychology applicant day for offer holders on the 2nd this Saturday which I'm going to try and make.

Not yet accepted, all the advice says go take a look, don't decide based on facts and figures and to go and actually experience it a bit so hoping that helps me decide between my top 2.
Original post by AdrianaSFR
I have also applied for psychology with a foundation year at goldsmiths, but didn't get a decision yet. Middlesex and Hull gave me unconditional offers, still waiting for goldsmiths. Hope that's not a bad sign..

Update: I got accepted!

hi, i also applied to goldsmiths for psychology BSc with a foundation year and got accepted, i'm considering putting it as my insurance choice so might see you there! Are you staying in halls, because i'm wondering if its cheaper to stay there or rent somewhere?
I am joining you all in September too ☺️
Have an unconditional offer. Definitely a mature 33 year old student here!
Original post by JustCallMeEggy
I am joining you all in September too ☺️
Have an unconditional offer. Definitely a mature 33 year old student here!

Congrats Eggy, looking forward to September and meeting you all but until then good luck with student finance and accommodation.
Reply 15
Congrats Eggy, looking forward to September and meeting you all but until then good luck with student finance and accommodation.

Very exciting! looking forward to meeting you guys in September!
I think I am going to go for halls as it seems to be the cheaper option. I won't think about the summer homelessness just yet.... perhaps scrape enough together for a ticket to Sydney!

Is anyone planning to rent away from halls?
Reply 16
I've been accepted for a place on this course :smile: is anyone else still in the process of applying for accommodation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending