The Student Room Group

Getting dumped on text message is the worst way right?

I was just wondering what people think. I believe it is the worst way possible.

Scroll to see replies

No, the worst way is just being ignored without any contact and being forced to figure it out on your own.
Reply 2
I think dropping all contact is worse. And running away with the tradesman :lol:

But yeah, dumping someone via a text is awful, and cowardly. (excluding situations where the relationship is abusive, ofc)
Um, I've done this. But we'd only been seeing each other for a few weeks
Ghosting them is probably the worst, I reckon stuff like that could cause genuine emotional harm.
Me and my girlfriend broke up over Facebook pretty matually, and I prefer it that way. It would be a waste of my time and money to go meet her at her house, to break up with her and then turn round and head home.
Original post by Emily babezxx

Dumped in the trash.
Reply 7
Original post by Emily babezxx

Yeah, it is a worst way to be dumped. At least have a courage to face the person in front.
I think it's cowardly and the easy way out. I think the other person on the other end deserves a face to face conversation, for closure.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Um, I've done this. But we'd only been seeing each other for a few weeks

I don't think it's the same if you were just dating and not actually in an established exclusive relationship at that point.

But once you're in an established exlusive relationship AND you dump someone via text... That's just cold and cowardly.
Setting your Facebook relationship status to "single" would be a pretty gruelling way to break the news, I'd imagine.
Reply 11
I think it's one of the best ways actually. No drama and no loss of face for either party. In person you wouldn't be able to hide your feelings on being dumped. If you are dumped by text, you can just text back "ok, bye" or not text back at all and leave them in limbo. :wink:

I do agree it is pretty weird though, assuming that you actually talk to each other in a relationship.
(edited 8 years ago)
I've never been dumped, nor do I have any intention of being dumped in the future.

I wouldn't know :P
Original post by Dinasaurus
Me and my girlfriend broke up over Facebook pretty matually, and I prefer it that way. It would be a waste of my time and money to go meet her at her house, to break up with her and then turn round and head home.

Yeah I've done this before too.

Dumping a girl face to face is a bit frustrating.
Original post by Katarvi
Setting your Facebook relationship status to "single" would be a pretty gruelling way to break the news, I'd imagine.

Then when you question them, they say "OMG it says single? Someone must have done it when the fraped me."
"Phew."
"lol jk I did it. Byeeeee"

That would be the worst way to be dumped.
Original post by llys
I think it's one of the best ways actually. No drama and no loss of face for either party. In person you wouldn't be able to hide your feelings on being dumped. If you are dumped by text, you can just text back "ok, bye" or not text back at all and leave them in limbo.

I do agree it is a bit weird though, assuming that you actually talk to each other in a relationship.

Depends on how deep the relationship is. If it's pretty intense and long term you want to break it up quite mutually so you need to have a proper talk in person.

If it's mostly superficial and not too emotionally intimate then I think it's OK for the reasons you state - such a "talk" would probably be really awkward in that situation.
Original post by jam277
Yeah I've done this before too.

Dumping a girl face to face is a bit frustrating.

I think if I wasn't aware that we were breaking up, like if it was out of the blue, maybe face to face is better so it doesn't feel as rushed. But any other circumstance it is a waste of time

Original post by TorpidPhil
Depends on how deep the relationship is. If it's pretty intense and long term you want to break it up quite mutually so you need to have a proper talk in person.

If it's mostly superficial and not too emotionally intimate then I think it's OK for the reasons you state - such a "talk" would probably be really awkward in that situation.

I broke up with my former best friend, then girlfriend of over a year simply over message and I think it was pretty mutual. In person would just be a waste of time.
Never happened to me, how would I know

Spoiler

Mine was a mixture of texting/going no contact. He texted me and explained something he'd done, we agreed to talk about it later, but I never heard from him again.

That was pretty bad, yeah :K:
lol ahah yh a waste of tym

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending