The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
It must be the thousandth call she's had on it. She's probably just sick of all the panicked future doctors phoning her everyday.
Reply 1181
Original post by Torel
It must be the thousandth call she's had on it. She's probably just sick of all the panicked future doctors phoning her everyday.

They should get an admissions twitter and tweet weekly:

"All medicine applicants, please calm the **** down, we've not sent out any offers yet. We will keep you updated. Stop calling us."
I honestly don't see the point in people phoning up, you'll find out eventually, they aren't going to get a phone call and say 'oh **** I totally forgot to send out those medicine offers, best get that done now', if anything it's just going to annoy them :tongue:

Good luck to everyone waiting, it may be that you have to wait until the end of March but unfortunately that's just life, once you get to med school they will make you wait anxiously for ages for OSCE results etc, it's not a nice wait (I remember well from last year), but definitely ringing them up everyday wont help
Original post by hollyt93
I honestly don't see the point in people phoning up, you'll find out eventually, they aren't going to get a phone call and say 'oh **** I totally forgot to send out those medicine offers, best get that done now', if anything it's just going to annoy them :tongue:

Good luck to everyone waiting, it may be that you have to wait until the end of March but unfortunately that's just life, once you get to med school they will make you wait anxiously for ages for OSCE results etc, it's not a nice wait (I remember well from last year), but definitely ringing them up everyday wont help

Eh, it helps me to manage my stress better if I know to expect a decision within three days or three weeks ... and they did say 'late February/early March' at the last communication, so I don't think it's unfair to check in with them again to make sure that everything's still in process.

(it is entirely conceivable that they could temporarily lose track of an application - through email, Track, uni-specific intranet sites, waiting lists, etc, etc, there are a million different places that an application could end up and you might end up not hearing until May!)
Original post by prospectivemed56
Eh, it helps me to manage my stress better if I know to expect a decision within three days or three weeks ... and they did say 'late February/early March' at the last communication, so I don't think it's unfair to check in with them again to make sure that everything's still in process.

(it is entirely conceivable that they could temporarily lose track of an application - through email, Track, uni-specific intranet sites, waiting lists, etc, etc, there are a million different places that an application could end up and you might end up not hearing until May!)

That's very true, but I would say in that instance you'd see online that everyone else had heard back and you were still waiting - in that situation I'd say yeah 100% phone up, but at the moment nobody has heard so I don't see what people will achieve from phoning. They aren't going to tell someone a specific date so it's only going to make everyone more anxious
Reply 1185
Ffs why does this thread always get heated lmfao
Reply 1186
Original post by Ekno
Ffs why does this thread always get heated lmfao

A lot of Scots here. Probably why lol (no offense, I love you guys).

We'll see. They are not being too communicative, that's for sure.
Hi did anyone else get an email from Glasgow saying they have an offer but ucas not updated
Screenshot_2016-03-08-08-05-59.png
Original post by heatheraddison

Congrats! Are you Scottish, or RUK applicants?

Congratulations! So jealous!
Scottish
8 A's at national 5
5 A's at highers
Predicted 3A's at advanced highers
UKCAT of 2930
Sure more offers will be going out today good luck guys
Scottish
8 A's at national 5
5 A's at highers
Predicted 3A's at advanced highers
UKCAT of 2930
Sure more offers will be going out today good luck guys

Maybe you're first alphabetically and everyone else's offers will be over the next few days... *fingers crossed*
Glasgow definitely do all of the sorting of the applicants alphabetically. So no need to start panicking just yet if you are a Zhou.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Marcus4004
Glasgow definitely do all of the sorting of the applicants alphabetically. So no need to start panicking just yet if your a Zhou.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm Smyth 😓😓 guess i'll be waiting a while..

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Looks like the official wait begins everyone!

Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin:

tl;dr Glasgow is sending out offers now, so STOP CALLING THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE :u:
Original post by amazingusername
Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin:

tl;dr Glasgow is sending out offers now, so STOP CALLING THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE :u:

A whole one offer :wink: fingers crossed by Friday we all have answers :P
Reply 1198
Congratulations!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1111002465606551

Facebook page for class of 2021

Looking forward to having quite a few of you as class mates.Only 27 weeks until freshers week(not that I am counting😬)!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending