The Student Room Group

I get called attention seeking for having a picture of me as my avatar?

Scroll to see replies

Probably Ivy or drowzee or someone. :holmes:
Original post by Ethereal World
Awwww. Well thank you for being able to reasonably sort this out! A good bit of friendly confrontation is often a good precursor to respect because there's no appeasing. I'm happy to be disagreed with on any of my opinions- I don't appreciate personal attacks but honestly some of my closest friends on here pretty much vehemently oppose everything I say!!

I'm not really sure. I had really bad anxiety at the weekend and I don't want a forum to be driving that cycle of it but I also don't want to lose the one platform where I tell my stories and opinions in a completely transparent way. I prob won't do a post for a while and I'm also not going to be silly on TSR anymore- and do silly 'thirsty' things like indiscriminately flirt and rep whore. After my comment about taking some time out yesterday I realised just how many people had valued my blog- like people said I had given them hope. That literally means the world to me because I know what it's like to be alone and struggling with mental health and feel like nobody understands.

It's also important for me not to just run away from problems or things that 'trigger' me. I have to learn to be better at dealing with it and getting better at not being so sensitive. In my life this is important not just on an online forum and I feel like simply leaving and not facing the issues would be counterintuitive. It's also promoted me to seek some more therapy to work on this aspect of me. Don't get me wrong I don't want to change but I need to be able to separate stuff and not take everything onto myself and internalise it. I can't pretend I don't care when I do.

Also thanks for the follow :biggrin:

Thanks for the follow too!

PMmmming you shortly...
Original post by MountKimbie
If they feel that they can, there is no reason why they shouldn't.

That was not my question sweet heart
This post is attention seeking

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xobeauty
That was not my question sweet heart

Well my point was why does it matter for the reasons somebody has their pic as an avatar? Why have an avatar at all? Does it really matter, pumpkin?
Reply 65
Original post by Anonymous
im female and ad say im good looking as i get lots of attention for my looks. it annoys me when people say im attention seeking (mainly by guys) bc i have a picture of me as my avatar, im very modest about looks and get shy when people compliment me, i dont hate it when people compliment me but happy as well as shy.

do any of you guys think having my picture as my avatar is attention seeking, i dont get why i get told it is.

Me too, I had "this isn't babestation, cover up" sad isn't it, given I was offering help with exams...
Well my point was why does it matter for the reasons somebody has their pic as an avatar? Why have an avatar at all? Does it really matter, pumpkin?

Because I want to know, why DO people have their pics on tsr. No need to be defensive sugar honey ice tea:smile:
Because I want to know, why DO people have their pics on tsr. No need to be defensive sugar honey ice tea:smile:

Because I want loads of attention and loads of reps and I want all the PMs from girls and I want to feel validated because I just don't get it in real life :frown:
Because I want loads of attention and loads of reps and I want all the PMs from girls and I want to feel validated because I just don't get it in real life :frown:

Are you being sarcastic? Because i genuinely would like to know.
Original post by SHBKhan
This post is attention seeking

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it isnt, if i wanted attention then i would have not posted of anon
iv never been called it but then again im just average. i dont rate my looks highly but i dont think im ugly
Original post by Anonymous
im female and ad say im good looking as i get lots of attention for my looks. it annoys me when people say im attention seeking (mainly by guys) bc i have a picture of me as my avatar, im very modest about looks and get shy when people compliment me, i dont hate it when people compliment me but happy as well as shy.

do any of you guys think having my picture as my avatar is attention seeking, i dont get why i get told it is.

It is attention seeking. You want people to see you don't you? You are seeking the attention of some people. It's not bad though, it's completely normal to have yourself as an avatar for a social networking site or whatever.
Reply 72
Original post by High Stakes
Probably Ivy or drowzee or someone. :holmes:

i know the risks of putting up a picture. and hate comments dont get to me

:h:
Original post by leavingthecity
Thanks for the follow too!

PMmmming you shortly...

Excitedly awaits the incoming message :woo:
Are you being sarcastic? Because i genuinely would like to know.

Ofcourse haha. I have my picture so people can put a name to a face
Original post by ivy.98
i know the risks of putting up a picture. and hate comments dont get to me

:h:

Definitely :yep:

:mmm:
Ofcourse haha. I have my picture so people can put a name to a face

same
I can't work out who OP is. How did you guys work it out. Maybe they have changed their writing style to make it less obvious...
Reply 78
Original post by Axel Johann
Definitely :yep:

:mmm:

omgggg that time :ninja::rofl: i bet its still floating around on this forum
i guess you gotta learn the hard way :indiff: and i wanted to slap lib loool
I can't work out who OP is. How did you guys work it out. Maybe they have changed their writing style to make it less obvious...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest