The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fabruttledge
Yep!

why would they be taking so long
Original post by MsTabitha
I'm sorry about Edinburgh & hope you hear from Glasgow soon. May I ask when you heard back from Edinburgh?

Thursday evening but it was really late at night that it came through which was super odd. All universities seem to be taking their time this year with offers so don't worry if yours doesn't come quickly!
Thanks. Late at night is kinda odd. I stop checking after about 6p.m. but perhaps I shouldn't! I still have 2 left to hear from; one being Edinburgh.

Best of luck with Glasgow.
Reply 3243
Original post by SebastianCanuck
Anyone waiting on Durham?

I am. Are you waiting on them, too?

Ya, I am. Wish they would just let me know!!

me too, its my last one to hear from aswell so the wait is even more annoying
Reply 3246
Original post by baconwoo

Same here. When did you apply?
Original post by Anuta
Same here. When did you apply?

Early December, you?
Original post by baconwoo

Same, it's such a pain in the ass all the other ones got back to me in such quick succession
Reply 3249
QMUL vs Edinburgh? Also, is it possible to decide not to attend any of the two universities in July/August (right before it begins) although you accept it etc?
Original post by IDKY
QMUL vs Edinburgh? Also, is it possible to decide not to attend any of the two universities in July/August (right before it begins) although you accept it etc?

In terms of ranking and reputation Edinburgh probably has the edge, however for Law and Medicine QMUL is a great uni.

I'd boil it down to where you'd rather live, London or Edinburgh.
I have offers to do Law at:

Lancaster University
University of East Anglia (UEA)
Kent University
Keel University
Salford University
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Huge congrats Chloe!!!! :-)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
anyone still waiting for kings?
Hello!

To anyone who has been to Nottingham's campus and city or any current Nottingham student, can I know what is it like there? Would love to have a rough idea of the accessibility, convenience, entertainments, social interactions, and student-life in general?

I have read that people prefer studying in London due to its bustling city and leisure areas, whereas the outskirt university is generally more low-key and dull. Is that true for Nottingham?

If there are any current students or if you have any information on this, may I also ask how is Nottingham's curriculum, particularly law? Is it very academically-inclined and pressuring until the point that leisure activities and involvements in extracurricular recreations are unattainable?

At the same time, I would also like to have any information on Durham University regarding the above queries. And lastly, do you prefer to study in London or outside of London, and which of Nottingham and Durham University would you choose?

Thank you! :smile: appreciate your feedbacks!
Original post by lumione
Hello!

To anyone who has been to Nottingham's campus and city or any current Nottingham student, can I know what is it like there? Would love to have a rough idea of the accessibility, convenience, entertainments, social interactions, and student-life in general?

I have read that people prefer studying in London due to its bustling city and leisure areas, whereas the outskirt university is generally more low-key and dull. Is that true for Nottingham?

If there are any current students or if you have any information on this, may I also ask how is Nottingham's curriculum, particularly law? Is it very academically-inclined and pressuring until the point that leisure activities and involvements in extracurricular recreations are unattainable?

At the same time, I would also like to have any information on Durham University regarding the above queries. And lastly, do you prefer to study in London or outside of London, and which of Nottingham and Durham University would you choose?

Additionally, Could that someone, if possible, talk about Bristol as well?
Thanks!
Original post by IDKY

Edinburgh is ranked much higher on the QS table- 21st in the world overall.
Original post by lumione
Hello!

Hey! I don't study at Nottingham but have applied to. I live in London and can tell you that a lot of the university's here aren't campus universities, which is one of the reasons why I wasn't interested in staying at home to study. Nottingham has three beautiful campuses, the main one being university park. It's very green with lovely buildings. I know people who attend both uni of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent university and they all say that the student life generally in the city is amazing. There's a lot to do in the city and its much cheaper than London accommodation wise. The LLB Law course at Nottingham is 84% exam over the 3 years, and 16% coursework. This would probably mean that you'd be unable to go out and enjoy life as a student as much around exam period, especially in the second year when it is weighted 100% exam. I personally haven't been to Durham so won't be much help on answering any queries about that, but I hope this helped you gain a greater understanding of Nottingham in comparison to London!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fabruttledge
Hey! I don't study at Nottingham but have applied to. I live in London and can tell you that a lot of the university's here aren't campus universities, which is one of the reasons why I wasn't interested in staying at home to study. Nottingham has three beautiful campuses, the main one being university park. It's very green with lovely buildings. I know people who attend both uni of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent university and they all say that the student life generally in the city is amazing. There's a lot to do in the city and its much cheaper than London accommodation wise. The LLB Law course at Nottingham is 84% exam over the 3 years, and 16% coursework. This would probably mean that you'd be unable to go out and enjoy life as a student as much around exam period, especially in the second year when it is weighted 100% exam. I personally haven't been to Durham so won't be much help on answering any queries about that, but I hope this helped you gain a greater understanding of Nottingham in comparison to London!

Hey, Would you know what Bristol is like for the LLB? In terms of the assignments, tests, tutorials, exams, number of hours one must put in, evaluation and the student life over all?
Thanks.
Original post by aayushk
Hey, Would you know what Bristol is like for the LLB? In terms of the assignments, tests, tutorials, exams, number of hours one must put in, evaluation and the student life over all?
Thanks.

I don't sorry! I'm sure you can find it all online check out websites like whatuni

Latest

Trending

Trending