The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fabruttledge
I don't sorry! I'm sure you can find it all online check out websites like whatuni

Ah that's all right. Thank you :smile:
Reply 3261
has anyone heard from Durham yet?
Original post by Flk10
Edinburgh is ranked much higher on the QS table- 21st in the world overall.

Actually Edinburgh is 27th and QMUL is 45th for law http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2015/law-legal-studies#sorting=rank+region=+country=+faculty=+stars=false+search=
Reply 3263
Original post by hhh97
has anyone heard from Durham yet?

No not yet! Has anyone else?

Yes, but the university as a whole is ranked 21st overall.
Hi! just wanted to point out that I got an offer from KCL with an LNAT score of 23, so I think it's more an appreciation of everything combined rather than a cut-off number for the LNAT :smile:

Original post by *Stefan*
This is, by all means, an amazing score, and Durham has not shown to require different scores from international students (like KCL for instance which stipulates a minimum of 25).

Bristol doesn't seem to care much about the score to be honest, so it may not relate at all to how Durham works.

So yeah, best of luck and be vigilant :smile:
Reply 3266
Original post by rem98
No not yet! Has anyone else?

I am just waiting from Durham can't wait to fill in my first and insurance choice 😂
Original post by mariewilliams
Hi! just wanted to point out that I got an offer from KCL with an LNAT score of 23, so I think it's more an appreciation of everything combined rather than a cut-off number for the LNAT :smile:

Are you an international student?
Original post by massorigin
I have offers to do Law at:

Lancaster University
University of East Anglia (UEA)
Kent University
Keel University
Salford University

Congrats! Which uni are you thinking of firming?
Received a rejection from Strathclyde for Law & Politics today, due to the "limited number of places". Feeling absolutely gutted since it was one of my top choices and I loved the uni when I visited it :/
Original post by larademets
Received a rejection from Strathclyde for Law & Politics today, due to the "limited number of places". Feeling absolutely gutted since it was one of my top choices and I loved the uni when I visited it :/

I'm sorry, lara, are you still waiting on Edinburgh?

There's still the chance of getting in through clearing in August, don't beat yourself up about it. It's quite often that those who have received conditionals will not meet them. You also need to remember that they may have 180 places so they could have given 200 offers, not everyone (like me) will take their offer from one university which leaves even more clearance places available. Have you had any other offers?
Original post by MsTabitha
I'm sorry, lara, are you still waiting on Edinburgh?

Original post by catherinecain
Have you had any other offers?

I've got a conditional for Glasgow Caledonian, but I'm still waiting for Glasgow, Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier. It's just that I strongly exceed Strathclyde's entry requirements, and Glasgow and Edinburgh's are so much higher, so if Strathclyde won't accept me, then I don't have much hope left for these two..
I've got a conditional for Glasgow Caledonian, but I'm still waiting for Glasgow, Edinburgh and Edinburgh Napier. It's just that I strongly exceed Strathclyde's entry requirements, and Glasgow and Edinburgh's are so much higher, so if Strathclyde won't accept me, then I don't have much hope left for these two..

What did you achieve in your highers? And your LNAT? Sometimes Uni's make it all about the personal statement and if it's just not strong enough or not what they're looking for then they don't accept you - I genuinely don't think there's a rhyme nor a reason to why some people get accepted and others don't.
Original post by catherinecain
What did you achieve in your highers? And your LNAT? Sometimes Uni's make it all about the personal statement and if it's just not strong enough or not what they're looking for then they don't accept you - I genuinely don't think there's a rhyme nor a reason to why some people get accepted and others don't.

Well, I'm from the EU so my situation is a little different. I got 26 in my LNAT, and in my exams this year I got 4A's and 6A*'s. I don't have any work experience so that might have been a problem, but I have done research competences about Law at school and done several optional courses. As for Politics, I was selected with my school for Euroscola, which means a debate with people from all over Europe in the European Parliament, and I've got loads of other extracurricular activities. "Limited number of places" is just so vague so I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

Don't give up hope; it doesn't always work like that. Someone I know who didn't meet, never mind exceed, the typical requirements from 5th year, has no O.U. law module, only 1 week work experience & pretty bland extra curricular stuff received a conditional from. Edinburgh last week. I've still heard nothing.

It's hard to make sense of Admissions at Edinburgh but no news is good news.
does anyone know what time durham offers usually come through?
Well, I'm from the EU so my situation is a little different. I got 26 in my LNAT, and in my exams this year I got 4A's and 6A*'s. I don't have any work experience so that might have been a problem, but I have done research competences about Law at school and done several optional courses. As for Politics, I was selected with my school for Euroscola, which means a debate with people from all over Europe in the European Parliament, and I've got loads of other extracurricular activities. "Limited number of places" is just so vague so I'm not sure what I've done wrong.

It sounds as if you've done all the correct things but so too will have all the other applicants. If you want a definitive answer you're completely at liberty to email the university and ask because they will then have to give you an answer, so you could perhaps do that? As for Edinburgh, they send their rejections first so no news yet is definitely good news! Your offers will come in time and remember, it's still technically 'early' in the whole process. Just try not to lose heart and what's to come for you, will come!
Original post by mariewilliams
Hi! just wanted to point out that I got an offer from KCL with an LNAT score of 23,

This is pretty much the reason I'm turning down Kings. Even if those on here claiming Kings offers with 18 or 20 or whatever are a bunch of trolls, there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. No offense but clearly UCL are much more discerning on this point which is really going to matter when it comes to being able to do moots, reasoning, etc. together.

Decided once and for all. Don't even think I'll bother with the offers day. UCL all the way. That and they don't offer money to get people, either.
Original post by jonstran
there is no way I'm sitting in a class with 23 LNATs. .

good luck with that attitude then
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending