The Student Room Group

Wetherspoons put their prices up, what's the world coming to..

Apparently Spoons have put their prices up and people are outraged by it...

Do people really care that much?

Scroll to see replies

Nope, now Freddos on the other hand :angry:
Reply 2
My life is over if they increase their prices, ngl.
I've never been to Wetherspoons actually, is it any good?
Reply 4
ad just buy my spoons from somewhere else.

cant believe there's actually a thread about spoons :lol:
Original post by mkap
ad just buy my spoons from somewhere else.

cant believe there's actually a thread about spoons :lol:

Its a food place?
Kinda like Yates or something. Not sure. My dad always calls yates weather spoons. I don't think they are the same thing.
Reply 6
Original post by Blondie987
Nope, now Freddos on the other hand :angry:

Freddos are such an issue - they're like 30p now aren't they?

Original post by Merfie
My life is over if they increase their prices, ngl.

:laugh: they have already increased their prices and some people are proper kicking off about it!
Reply 7
Original post by Kholmes1
Its a food place?
Kinda like Yates or something. Not sure. My dad always calls yates weather spoons. I don't think they are the same thing.

:laugh: Wetherspoons and Yates are different :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by Kholmes1
Its a food place?

Yates is run by weatherspoons, they are just called different things sometimes?
Original post by homeland.lsw
I've never been to Wetherspoons actually, is it any good?

They're all fine. Pretty much all that can be said on the matter.

Although they are good for cheap pre drinks, hope student loans will go up to reflect this increased cost of living.
Original post by Pickles
:laugh: Wetherspoons and Yates are different :tongue:

I thought yates was run by spoons?
Reply 11
Original post by Jenx301

I don't think they do? They're direct competitors I thought? I'm not really sure now
Original post by Pickles
I don't think they do? They're direct competitors I thought? I'm not really sure now

I will google it. I must know this vital piece of info

edit: you are so correct. Wow, I don't know how I thought that for so long I'm sure someone told me it years ago and I just never questioned it :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)
How much did they go up by tho?

I dont think spoon prices are going up too much, yes its a but spoontaneous but maybe its too spoon (soon) to say

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jenx301

Original post by Pickles

Yates is owned by Stonegate Pub Company, who are competitors of Wetherspoons. I used to work at a Yates, and I think most of the customers walked in thinking it was a Wetherspoons.
Reply 15
Original post by pickles

:laugh: They have already increased their prices and some people are proper kicking off about it!

Dear god where is the petition? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I've never been before,how much is the price increase?
Never been so not missing much :smug:.
At least they never got rid of the curry club
Reply 19
Days after announcing that the chain is axing the classic Sunday roast, JD Wetherspoons has increased the prices on its Breakfast Club menu by between 5% and 10%. The company said however that top-selling beer brands would not be affected by price rises.

At the beginning of March, the pub chain announced that Sunday roasts would no longer be served at Wetherspoons, saying that customers could replace it with a Sunday brunch meal with a drink. From 13 March, Sunday roasts will stop being available.

In addition to that news, the Mirror reported that prices on the Breakfast Club menu in Wetherspoons pubs had now risen by between 5% and 10% a full English breakfast now costs £3.25, up from £2.99, a rise of almost 10%; a large filter coffee or cup of tea now costs £1.10, up from 99p; and a bowl of porridge has risen 20p to £2.39.

Founder and owner of JD Wetherspoons plc, Tim Martin, opened the first Wetherspoons pub in 1979 and the company now runs 956 pubs around the UK, as well as a number of hotels. Martin has been a vocal critic of the government's living wage plans, saying in September last year: "By pushing up the cost of wages by a large factor, the government is inevitably putting financial pressure on pubs, many of which have already closed."

Quick Reply

Latest